MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

So "freak-out forum" is accurately titled, as I have been freaking out for a few days and posting nonsense on these forums, heh. ^_^

So just got my letter of acceptance from SAIC in performance! Hopefully the other departments have sent them out and others on this forum hear from them soon. :)

Congrats! Very cool. Are you going to visit at all? And I haven't actually gotten my letter packet yet. Did yours include financial aid info? Edited by dimensionsvariable

@dimensionsvariable from what I understand from my friends who are grad students at mica, timing and whether they interview varies from department to department. I am pretty sure that painting has met for student review or is doing it soon - Photo doesn't interview, Curatorial Practice only interviews (via phone with the director usually) if they have questions, 90% sure Mt Royal doesn't do Interviews, and Hoffberger definitely interviews. I can ask if Rhinehart interviews for you! A friend of mine just recently graduated from there. This is all word of mouth though so, I could be wrong.

Edited by Erpnope

I haven't heard back from U-Penn about an interview but a lot of people here seem to have.. I guess it's safe to assume I've been rejected >.< It was a long shot though. RISD is my #1 choice.
what have you applied for i am photo also waiting on answer from risd do you have any idea about when they let people know... btw dd gou got email about that deadline for fafsa is feb 15

I applied for painting. I saw that people were getting acceptances and I hadn't heard anything back from them so I called last week and they told be that if I had any other offers it would be good to take them.

Well that's obnoxious.  I have assumed rejection from them, but just can't wait to get that form letter... :/  Hang in there!

Heard from Ohio State this morning.  I'm an "alternate"...they say they will contact me immediately if a spot opens up.  I'm still waiting to hear about the funding package from UCSB. This is going to be the longest 2 months of my life!

Just had my interview with massart. Oh boy, I managed to sound so dumb. Expecting to be wait listed or rejected. At least it was a great experience. Got 3 of their business cards so I plan to keep in touch. The 2-3 week wait will be tough.

Congrats on the interview! I really love your work! How did Tyler notify you?

Thanks! Your work is great, reminds me of Ushio Shinohara's paintings and cutout sculptures on wood. Have you seen them?

I got an email from Tyler a couple of hours ago. Just checked the website and it still says "Complete Ready for Review." Weird.

Does anyone know how their interviews go down?

Cograts gweaver, your work is high quality.

Tyler is one of my top choices, so now that I know they are sending out interview requests I'm getting nervous as hell. Wasn't really all that concerned with hearing back from schools until I started checking out this forum, now I am crackling with anticipation. Doesn't help that it's been slow at work lately.

Good luck to everyone as the news rolls in.

Just had my interview with massart. Oh boy, I managed to sound so dumb. Expecting to be wait listed or rejected. At least it was a great experience. Got 3 of their business cards so I plan to keep in touch. The 2-3 week wait will be tough.

At least you will be better prepared for the next one. What was the toughest question? 

Hi all! Just received my first good news, an interview at Tyler (for painting) on March 3. Hurray!

You can see some of my work here:

http://goweaver.tumblr.com/

Really feeling your green marble background on that one painting. I kind of think your drawings are the nicest part of your work.

Good luck at Tyler!

"So what happened to all the money" yous didn't axed. "Sigh, How Grand It All Once Was."

"So what happened to all the money" she axed. This is the question of our times.

Freebie:

http://artblahg.blogspot.com

(dont be scured)

I haven't heard back from U-Penn about an interview but a lot of people here seem to have.. I guess it's safe to assume I've been rejected >.<

It was a long shot though. RISD is my #1 choice.

Don't count yourself out. That may mean they just straight up accepted you? Do they interview everyone? I imagine they don't interview people they really know they want, like, perhaps you!

Edited by bots

Heard from Ohio State this morning.  I'm an "alternate"...they say they will contact me immediately if a spot opens up.  I'm still waiting to hear about the funding package from UCSB. This is going to be the longest 2 months of my life!

I feel your pain. My boss actually asked me to go home early today as he could see I was in such turmoil over this.