NYU - waiting still?

Lorelei17

NYU is the only school I'm still waiting on. I applied for the East Asian Studies M.A. At this point I don't even care, because although I am still interested in NYU, I would also be happy to go with one of my other acceptances. But the waiting has gone on too long!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from NYU Steinhardt Music Business Graduate Program?

I applied for early decision (January 6) and I called them a few weeks later to check the status. They said I would be notified in February... but February is gooone. I received a letter in the mail saying that they didn't receive my transcript... and I definitiely sent them my transcript. I had to resend my transcript and they told me that I would now be a regular decision applicant. I hope they actually received it the second time. This seems outrageous to me! Ah! Someone please comment.

Hi there!

What happened to you really sucks, but maybe this helps you:

I applied to NYU STEINHARDT - MUSIC TECH GRAD as a regular decision applicant. Then I found a Facebook Profile called "Nyu Steinhardt Music Technology" and added it to my friends. I asked him/her about when decision letters will be sent for FALL 09 and the answer was (in feb 25):

i would expect them to go out in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

best,

.lcc

Since Music Tech and Music Biz are both programs of the Steinhardt Music Dept. I think this works the same in your case...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

It is nice to see that I am not the only one in this situation! I can't believe how many people are still waiting to hear! I applied to the Masters in Special Education program that is beginning in June. I am an international student and submitted my application (complete with transcript and recommendations) at the end of October. It has been a long and agonizing wait. I was told I would hear by the middle of March by one person and as late as May by another. I can't understand what is taking them so long..especially for someone who has to do so many things in order to be allowed to study in the states. I am very anxious and am ready for this process to be over.

Has anyone else applied to a summer program? If so, have you heard anything from the school?

Hang in there everyone! Hopefully we will hear very soon and can get on with our lives!

It is nice to see that I am not the only one in this situation! I can't believe how many people are still waiting to hear! I applied to the Masters in Special Education program that is beginning in June. I am an international student and submitted my application (complete with transcript and recommendations) at the end of October. It has been a long and agonizing wait. I was told I would hear by the middle of March by one person and as late as May by another. I can't understand what is taking them so long..especially for someone who has to do so many things in order to be allowed to study in the states. I am very anxious and am ready for this process to be over.

Has anyone else applied to a summer program? If so, have you heard anything from the school?

Hang in there everyone! Hopefully we will hear very soon and can get on with our lives!

That's crazy they're keeping you waiting so long, considering all the circumstances. I would write the grad coordinator and ask what's up. Best of luck!

That's crazy they're keeping you waiting so long, considering all the circumstances. I would write the grad coordinator and ask what's up. Best of luck!

How do I find the contact information for graduate coordinators? I have emailed the graduate office a number of times and have not gotten a reply back from them. Does anyone know if that is the only place to contact someone. I am not used to a school with so many departments! Definitely different than what I'm used to! Haha

How do I find the contact information for graduate coordinators? I have emailed the graduate office a number of times and have not gotten a reply back from them. Does anyone know if that is the only place to contact someone. I am not used to a school with so many departments! Definitely different than what I'm used to! Haha

Hm, well, this is at least what I've found: if you go to the department website itself and do some hunting around there, you can usually find some email address they say to direct such inquiries to. Emailing someone department-specific probably has a better chance of a response than someone more general.

Hi there!

What happened to you really sucks, but maybe this helps you:

I applied to NYU STEINHARDT - MUSIC TECH GRAD as a regular decision applicant. Then I found a Facebook Profile called "Nyu Steinhardt Music Technology" and added it to my friends. I asked him/her about when decision letters will be sent for FALL 09 and the answer was (in feb 25):

i would expect them to go out in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

best,

.lcc

Since Music Tech and Music Biz are both programs of the Steinhardt Music Dept. I think this works the same in your case...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Thanks for that. I joined the group "I applied to NYU Steinhardt for Music - Music of '11" and it's for people who have applied, auditioned, and go to NYU Steinhardt's music programs. I feel much better.

If NYU doesn't notify us by tomorrow, we should all call all day on March 13. HEHE!!

Still waiting on Cinema Studies M.A., but judging by their website, I guess it's normal to hear within the mid-March - mid-April timeframe. We'll see...

I applied to the program too! I haven't heard nary a peep. But I am also really scared I wont get in...

Good luck! Hopefully we both get in!

I applied to the Educational Leadership, Politics and Advocacy program at NYU Steinhardt, and I'm desperately waiting. I got an email from the program director on Wednesday with a question about my application, and she said that she was just giving it an in depth look... so something tells me it might be a couple of days still. However, I have a friend who applied to another Steinhardt program who heard yesterday. Anyone else from that program hear yet?

Also, for those of you who have heard from Steinhardt: how did you find out? Email, snail mail?

Today, I logged into the NYU GSAS Supporting Materials status page, and saw a new set of required materials, namely a "response form," "deposit," and "final transcript." I suggest others try this technique. (Aside: I think everything at this school gets done on Fridays!)

Also, you can try to go to home.nyu.edu, and attempt to create an e-mail address.

Today, I logged into the NYU GSAS Supporting Materials status page, and saw a new set of required materials, namely a "response form," "deposit," and "final transcript." I suggest others try this technique. (Aside: I think everything at this school gets done on Fridays!)

Also, you can try to go to home.nyu.edu, and attempt to create an e-mail address.

Eh, no news for me here. Or in my email inbox. Oh well.

Congrats, btw!

I applied to the Educational Leadership, Politics and Advocacy program at NYU Steinhardt, and I'm desperately waiting. I got an email from the program director on Wednesday with a question about my application, and she said that she was just giving it an in depth look... so something tells me it might be a couple of days still. However, I have a friend who applied to another Steinhardt program who heard yesterday. Anyone else from that program hear yet?

Also, for those of you who have heard from Steinhardt: how did you find out? Email, snail mail?

I have a friend who was accepted to Steinhardt in February via regular mail, but she's Public Health. If you look at the results search for NYU it seems like a few people are getting things from Steinhardt each day. I guess they trickle out slowly. Good luck!

I received notification of acceptance to Steinhardt by postal service yesterday, March 12th. It was a form letter from the graduate admissions office, dated March 6, with no other information about funding or department contacts. Mostly it says they want a deposit of $200 by April 15 to "hold a spot".

I applied to the Environmental Conservation Education Masters program, which is a very small department that recently became part of the Dept. of Teaching and Learning.

Earlier in the week I got e-mail from Steinhardt Grad. Admissions office notifying me that I was not chosen as a semi-finalist for the Reynolds Fellowship I'd applied for. That program said all along they would notify by e-mail on March 10, and they did.

Good luck to all.

I received notification of acceptance to Steinhardt by postal service yesterday, March 12th. It was a form letter from the graduate admissions office, dated March 6, with no other information about funding or department contacts. Mostly it says they want a deposit of $200 by April 15 to "hold a spot".

I applied to the Environmental Conservation Education Masters program, which is a very small department that recently became part of the Dept. of Teaching and Learning.

Earlier in the week I got e-mail from Steinhardt Grad. Admissions office notifying me that I was not chosen as a semi-finalist for the Reynolds Fellowship I'd applied for. That program said all along they would notify by e-mail on March 10, and they did.

Good luck to all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I

Well, today is the start of a new week! I am really hoping that many of us will hear the news once and for all! I have emailed different people about my status but have yet to get any replies. The program starts in 10 weeks so as you can tell I am not overly optimistic anymore.

Judging from the results page--a lot of people are hearing from NYU today...mostly rejections so far, myself included. =(

I am really sorry! Rejections really suck! What school did you apply to? I haven't seen much from Steinhardt at all! It is really odd!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from the American Studies program? I saw a few folks emailed them and got notification of rejection via email. Should I just do that? I'm assuming that I'll be rejected as it was sort of a long shot to begin with. Maybe I should just send an email with my name and application # that says "rejected?" and then they can just reply with a short email that says "rejected". Who should I contact? GSAS's people will probably just say "we do not disclose blah blah blah".

Is anyone still waiting to hear from the American Studies program? I saw a few folks emailed them and got notification of rejection via email. Should I just do that? I'm assuming that I'll be rejected as it was sort of a long shot to begin with. Maybe I should just send an email with my name and application # that says "rejected?" and then they can just reply with a short email that says "rejected". Who should I contact? GSAS's people will probably just say "we do not disclose blah blah blah".

Yep, still waiting on American Studies to get back to me and tell me I'm not accepted. I only applied to the masters program (not PhD) so I'm holding out a small glimmer of hope that I might actually get in. I emailed one of the profs in the department today. He responded by saying he does not handle admissions but will forward my inquiry on to Prof. Nikhil Singh. That's the guy to talk to. Let's see what he tells me, IF he tells me anything.

Also, everyone, anyone apply to Columbia's LSMA in American Studies? I just sent in my application. The deadline isnt until April 1st! For the Fall! What gives? Is this a joke of a program? Easy to get into, at least?