NYU - waiting still?

Lorelei17

wait, so if we are able to make a Net ID, we're accepted? I wasn't able to yesterday, but I could today... Interpretations?

(i've applied for the masters in international education)

Grrr, I can't test the NetID thing because I'm an international and don't have an SS number. I'm not good at waiting patiently.

To the person who mentioned their friend got admitted to Public Health a few pages back, do you happen to know what degree that was for - MPH or PhD? Ta!

Well I was able to create a NetID this morning and just received a formal e-mail welcoming me to the program...as my brother put it, they don't give e-mails to people who don't get in (that's how he found his acceptance to Columbia and NYU Law)...I found somewhere on it where it says "Master's Candidate" and my program...hope this helps :wink:

To the person who mentioned their friend got admitted to Public Health a few pages back, do you happen to know what degree that was for - MPH or PhD? Ta!

MPH. She got the acceptance 6 days after the application deadline (she'd submitted the app about a month earlier, though), but there is no way they knew everyone they were accepting at that point, so there must be rounds.

Well I was able to create a NetID this morning and just received a formal e-mail welcoming me to the program...as my brother put it, they don't give e-mails to people who don't get in (that's how he found his acceptance to Columbia and NYU Law)...I found somewhere on it where it says "Master's Candidate" and my program...hope this helps :wink:

You did regular decision?

Oh ok, cool....well congrats!

I'm not sure what the means for me.... :lol: . I applied around the same time. I turned in a hard-copy application (overnighted it, a few days b/f the deadline). So either way....I'll be hearing something soon.

IF, I DIDN'T get in....I honestly don't know what they are looking for. My GPA was on the lower side (by NYU standards), but not horrible (3.5). But that's mainly b/c of some personal family issues I was going through at the time....and I also worked a part-time job, and volunteered. And I had some professional music business work experience after undergrad. I DIDN'T submit GRE scores though, b/c I'm not a great standardized test taker AT ALL.

So, I'm not going to think negatively (at least not yet). My application wasn't horrible by any means.

But hey, you never know what's "good enough" when it comes these admission committees.... :lol:

just to share with people still waiting on NYU or those applying next year onwards;

I applied to admission for the American Studies MA program and, after the looooong wait, I got acceptance by snail mail yesterday. Haven't seen it myself but my mother called me, and said, "there's a line saying 'Congratulations'" (english is her second language). So i logged in to the student website and created my NetID thing, then onto the Albert website (accessible thru home.nyu.edu > Academic) to see I was classified as "Master's Candidate"!

So, it's almost April now, but don't lose hope, folks.

c.m

Hello out there! I applied to NYUs Robert F. Wagner School of Public Policy...it says on their website I won't hear a decision until March 30th but I'm wondering if anyone out there has heard anything?

I'm so nervous...this acceptance or rejection will decide my future!!

Anyone still waiting on Steinhardt? Has anyone gotten accepted/rejected yet (beside the people on the chart)? I've e-mailed John Myers twice and even a professor in the program to which I applied. Does this mean that I'm on waitlist? This is crazy!! Is "still under consideration" a good thing or is that what they tell everyone???

I received a rejection from TC - Columbia two weeks ago and CUNY -GC rejection 2.5 ago.

Waiting on Fordham and NYU

Anyone still waiting on Steinhardt? Has anyone gotten accepted/rejected yet (beside the people on the chart)? I've e-mailed John Myers twice and even a professor in the program to which I applied. Does this mean that I'm on waitlist? This is crazy!! Is "still under consideration" a good thing or is that what they tell everyone???

I received a rejection from TC - Columbia two weeks ago and CUNY -GC rejection 2.5 ago.

Waiting on Fordham and NYU

I am still waiting on Steinhardt as well!! I got an email from someone at Steinhardt saying that they think all decisions for my program will be mailed out by March 31. I have a feeling thats when a lot of people will start hearing! Its only 5 days away but it seems like an eternity!

Still waiting on Steinhardt- International ed. MA.

I called one week ago today to see if I could give permission for my results to be emailed to me since I'm living overseas and am having some problems with the french post office. They told me to wait two or three weeks and call back if i haven't heard anything, but that decisions had been made literally that morning and that notification should start to go out Friday or Monday at the very soonest... (they told me they were not allowed to see or tell me anything about the status of my app...)

I tried to make myself a netID and it gave me one after that phone call... didn't bother making a password and all that. I'm not relying on this to mean I got in, though, i'm afraid that my info is just in the system because i've applied and they've processed my app, so my name is in there, not because i've been accepted... Only time will tell, so here's to waiting another week or two!!

I received an official wait list letter from Steinhardt (for the Mental Health and Wellness program) last weekend/Saturday. It mentions that "there's nothing can do, except wait." I called Admissions a few days ago and asked if the wait lists were ranked, the woman that answered said they weren't but didn't provide any other details. I haven't contacted anyone else and am unsure if I should.. or what my next step should be... except wait. Again. :roll:

.... March 31st is around the corner though. Good luck everyone!

Still waiting, and I know from the result search that a few people have been accepted to my program. :/

Only consolation: NYU is even more expensive than Columbia, and if I wasn't first round at NYU, I'm sure as hell not getting any $ from them. So if I'm gonna go to school in New York, I might as well drown myself in slightly less debt...

Anyone here applied to their MA (The Dept. of Politics) program? If I haven't received either email nor mail, does this mean that they are still in the process of making decisions (It's March 27th today!), or they do not send notifications to the ones, who didn't get in?

Any input will be appreciated!

Hi! Even if you didn't get in, you receive a letter... All this waiting might be a good thing. I'm still waiting too and it sucks, but it also gives me hope. I read that waiting this long means that you made it to round two and are probably on the waitlist. When universities don't want you, you receive a letter right away. Keep that faith! Best of Luck!

Anyone here applied to their MA (The Dept. of Politics) program? If I haven't received either email nor mail, does this mean that they are still in the process of making decisions (It's March 27th today!), or they do not send notifications to the ones, who didn't get in?

Any input will be appreciated!