NYU - waiting still?

Lorelei17

Hello,

I applied to NYU Cinematic Arts last year -rejected - and I'm applying again this year. however they are taking a long time to get back to me compared with last year and I was wondering if that's because I'm waitlisted and I don't know. Is that possible? Other people waiting out here are STILL waiting out for NYU letters?

thanks!

Hannah

Really? April!? But that's tough when you want to figure out your life before the "official deadline" of April 15! Any one got word from NYU earlier on? I got refused last year in mid February and I know Comparative Literature sent some decisions last week!

Yup, I'm still waiting on NYU- Media, Culture & Communications, PhD. Other people have already posted acceptances, wait lists and rejections for the program, so I feel like I'm in a weird, limbo position. Guessing that probably means rejection, but we'll see...

As indicated in another post, I've applied to NYU Institute for French Studies for a joint Phd program.

Someone has put his result here on this site , saying he has been accepted by phone wednesday. So I emailed the secretary of my departement and she said that GSAS was generating decisions and mailing it, and that I would have an answer by mail before the end of March.... Is there anybody here that has seen acceptance results at NYU (emails or phone calls) on this site (table) and has not heard of anything yet ? To people like me : should we be pessimistic ? Thanks giving your opinion.

I am still waiting to hear from NYU- Steinhardt MA Higher Education program. I was told decisions would go out last week, but nothing yet and have not seen any posts on the results page. Not feeling confident though.

I asked a colleague who was admitted to Steinhardt last spring about the schedule.

He said he got his notice via postal mail after Spring Break - near the END of March.

Not that they always do it the same way, but I think we may have a few weeks still to wait, although it probably varies from Dept. to Dept.

I don' t think the delay automatically means rejection.

(At least I hope not!!)

hey guys! just got an email from NYU - Cinema Studies telling me that they are still deliberating (there's 17 departments in the Humanities apparently) and we should get some answers in the next 3 weeks!

hope it helped!

Still waiting from NYU-Madrid Masters program. I applied on October 8th because I knew this was the program I wanted to go to, but my recs weren't in until January 3rd. I feel like I have been waiting for 6 months, although my application has only been complete for 2.

I got an email February 3rd from a faculty member which was an "unofficial notice" that that my application was complete and was currently under review, and that I should receive a decision "in the next few weeks." Is it a good sign that they didn't request an oral interview??? (they say they do this if they have any doubts about your Spanish ability).

Every time my phone rings with an unknown number, or I get a new email, my heart skips a beat.

Hey! I sent an email asking for my status so it was a personal email. I know they interviewed ppl last week by phone so... not very optimistic either BUT last year I got rejected in mid February so maybe all of those who are still waiting like me are still in the game!

Still waiting!! Blah!

I applied to the Media, Culture & Communication program. (MA)

I am so over waiting!!

One of my best friends is also still waiting for the Tisch Cinema Studies MA program as well.