Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

Hello everyone!

International here as well. :D

My POI asked me to send my transcripts (copy or original, "what ever you have with you") ALTHOUGH I have already uploaded the official translation.

Dunno what it means. But for the time being I haven't been rejected, right? 

That's the spirit!!

Good luck, PhDreams! Fingers crossed :D

Only the plus side, you know when they start notifying. :) Fingers crossed for you.

Thank you!!!!! <3 I know that it's going to start getting really exciting around here in a few weeks. Sending all my best to everyone!

Thank you!!!!! <3 I know that it's going to start getting really exciting around here in a few weeks. Sending all my best to everyone!
It's does seem like this forum is picking up some more users and enthusiasm (read: neuroses).

Hello everyone!   International here as well. :D   My POI asked me to send my transcripts (copy or original, "what ever you have with you") ALTHOUGH I have already uploaded the official translation.   Dunno what it means. But for the time being I haven't been rejected, right? 
No, the fact that they want more is a GOOD sign!

Hello everyone!

International here as well. :D

My POI asked me to send my transcripts (copy or original, "what ever you have with you") ALTHOUGH I have already uploaded the official translation.

Dunno what it means. But for the time being I haven't been rejected, right? 

Had the same or rather - had a meeting with a POI and two days after - graduate office asked for more information about my transcripts.  I'm an international as well so I took it as a good good sign..

Best of luck to ya

I just want to receive just one admit sometime soon so I know at least I'll be somewhere ....

Me tooooooooo.... Although, today I started seriously looking at jobs..just. in. case. :/

Anyone else look forward to Mondays now since the regular school/business week is back in session and POIs could be looking at your app or sending out notifications?!!

So why do I keep checking my email and the university app websites for updates even though its a holiday weekend here in the states?? :blink:   

I am so glad I am not the only one constantly checking emails!  They actually didn't get my transcripts on time and asked me to scan and send unofficial ones.  They said in the email that they wanted to assure me that it wasn't too late to send in those materials.  I found and scanned them within an hour.  Someone from the department wrote back and thanked me for acting so quickly on their request.  Is that a good sign or standard operating procedure?  I was hoping that my 4.0 MFA GPA would impress them, but who knows how many other 4.0's they have applying!  You see I have a confession to make, I've only applied to one place.  It's the only program I want to go to.  So....if I don't get in, then what?

Yes, we can!!!! <3 Aww... Seeing your giant Nutella every day makes me smile. Can't wait til you get your great news. Saving up my happy dances. LOL

Aw, shucks!  The same goes for your adorable, smily cupcake!  We'll have to have simultaneous virtual celebrations when we both get into our programs. :) Rock on, and hang tough the next couple weeks!

My flatmates are going to think me insane but I will definitely be doing happy dances for all of you guys as the decisions roll in. It'll be my exercise for a month or so, right? ;)

Happy dances all around! :D

It's does seem like this forum is picking up some more users and enthusiasm (read: neuroses).

Bwaha!  Absolutely true...I am proud to be among you, my neurotic brothers and sisters! :D

I have decided this really should be like instant credit approval. Receive an answer in just seconds!!! Apply today!!!

That would make my year, seriously!

I just want to receive just one admit sometime soon so I know at least I'll be somewhere ....

My thoughts exactly!  It would relieve so much of the anxiety/pressure I'm feeling...

My husband and I keep joking that the process needs to have something akin to the Domino's Pizza Tracker.

That would be soooooo awesome!!

Anyone else look forward to Mondays now since the regular school/business week is back in session and POIs could be looking at your app or sending out notifications?!!

So why do I keep checking my email and the university app websites for updates even though its a holiday weekend here in the states?? :blink:   

Heh - yes, Monday is Martin Luther King Day here in the States, and many schools will be closed... :( But Tuesday!  Tuesday for sure! :blink: Checking my email compulsively isn't crazy at all, right?  Heh heh...

I have decided this really should be like instant credit approval. Receive an answer in just seconds!!! Apply today!!!

If application decisions were only done through Amazon, we could get free two-day shipping and know within 48 hours. I'll just sit here and look wistful...

If application decisions were only done through Amazon, we could get free two-day shipping and know within 48 hours. I'll just sit here and look wistful...

^100% this!  Amazon is oh-so very reliable. :)

Bwaha!  Absolutely true...I am proud to be among you, my neurotic brothers and sisters! :D

That would make my year, seriously!

My thoughts exactly!  It would relieve so much of the anxiety/pressure I'm feeling...

That would be soooooo awesome!!

Heh - yes, Monday is Martin Luther King Day here in the States, and many schools will be closed... :( But Tuesday!  Tuesday for sure! :blink: Checking my email compulsively isn't crazy at all, right?  Heh heh...

Super-multi-quoting! I'm impressed! cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm checking the academic calendars of all the schools I applied to in order to see which ones are open on MLK day. Some are!...which is both good and bad for my sanity  :blink: let the refreshing continue!

It varies department to department- I'm over in East Asian Studies, not Econ, so I can't say for that department.  They only look at the GRE for scholarship considerations, since there are some university-wide ones that compare with the GRE.  That won't stop your department for awarding money though; my GREs aren't great either, but I got full funding for my MA, including tuition and a living stipend.  I really like the university as a whole; there is a huge international community here, and the on-campus housing is decent. (I live in the Graduate Residence, just built 2 and a half years ago.)  Edmonton isn't a bad place to live.  Really freaking cold, but the campus is built in such a way that you can easily cut through buildings to get to classes.  Plus there's West Edmonton Mall, which is the largest mall in NA.  And you get a UPass, which gives you unlimited rides on all public transit in the city, so you don't need a car.  Not sure what else to say, I like it. ^^;

that really does it for me. thanks a bunch! now i have to look forward to being accepted. thanks!!!!! xxx

Wow, good news all around :D Congratulations people!

Meanwhile, terrible headache, terrible stomachache, and terrible feelings of being grad school unworthy today. Was I really thinking I'd get accepted anywhere? Really?

tumblr_lv3mayeqU51qi4etwo1_400.jpg

Edited by The Whistler

Gotta be the Nutella!

I second the Amazon idea!

I really want to call South Carolina and say "PLEASE! I am going out of my mind!" But I don't think sounding like a derranged prospective student will help...