Acceptance Freakout Thread

AHHHHHHHHH GOT INTO MAINE!! asdfhdjskhfj

Can hardly contain my excitement. Will find out about TAship in the next two weeks though, so I can't get my hopes up too high until I get that notice. 

But it feels nice to be accepted at my first choice  :)

Can hardly contain my excitement. Will find out about TAship in the next two weeks though, so I can't get my hopes up too high until I get that notice. 

YES! CONGRATS!!!!

Accepted with full funding at University of Iowa!!!

This is a difficult one. On one hand, this is one of the best places for "fit" of anywhere I applied. There's a lot of great people doing American literature there, there's a faculty member doing religion & lit stuff, and Marilynne Robinson (my favorite contemporary novelist--my writing sample, which I'm hoping to publish, is on her novels) teaches at the Writers Workshop. On the other hand, the location couldn't be less of a fit, as my wife and I have made moving to an area where she will also find work in her field a top priority.

Although I'm not making any final decisions about any offers until more of the results come in (and until I've had time to process), there's a very high likelihood that I would turn this offer down for other opportunities. Still, it feels great to be accepted to such a good program, and regardless of the final choice I think I will certainly use this acceptance as a launch-point to attempt a bit of networking with faculty at Iowa who work in my field!

Congrats! Maine is a great state... people are friendly, the craft beer scene is almost unrivaled, and it's a beautiful place. Hope the funding comes through for you! 

CONGRATS!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you! So no more FAU for you?lol

Dear Internet,

I want to tell you about my acceptance into a program but it feels weird to talk about it with strangers.

Love,

Fishbucket

Dear Fishbucket,

It's ok, we'll be here when you're ready for us.

Love,

The Internet.

P.S. Congrats!

Edited by antihumanist

Yayy!!! Congrats!!!!!

Accepted with full funding at University of Iowa!!!

This is a difficult one. On one hand, this is one of the best places for "fit" of anywhere I applied. There's a lot of great people doing American literature there, there's a faculty member doing religion & lit stuff, and Marilynne Robinson (my favorite contemporary novelist--my writing sample, which I'm hoping to publish, is on her novels) teaches at the Writers Workshop. On the other hand, the location couldn't be less of a fit, as my wife and I have made moving to an area where she will also find work in her field a top priority.

Although I'm not making any final decisions about any offers until more of the results come in (and until I've had time to process), there's a very high likelihood that I would turn this offer down for other opportunities. Still, it feels great to be accepted to such a good program, and regardless of the final choice I think I will certainly use this acceptance as a launch-point to attempt a bit of networking with faculty at Iowa who work in my field!

Congrats!!! It's an awesome program! Sorry to hear that you probably can't attend. (I had to think about similar things when I was initially weighing programs).

CONGRATS!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you! So no more FAU for you?lol

Depends on the funding, but I'm still anxiously awaiting FAU results too! Though a Maine TAship and full tuition remission would go a lot farther than 80% tuition remission and a lesser stipend in a more expensive city like Boca :/

I received an email Tuesday with an admission and full funding for the Ph. D. program at the University of Kentucky! Also, I've been accepted at the University of Tulsa but am waiting to find out about funding.

In at Georgetown!  The email said I'm a "strong candidate" for funding, but those offers won't go out until next week at the earliest.
Congrats! I'm in the airport or I'd give you a gif. Great news!

In at Georgetown!  The email said I'm a "strong candidate" for funding, but those offers won't go out until next week at the earliest.

Congrats, Two Espressos! I've been rooting for you this whole season :)

AWESOME. I'm so happy for you! You're one of my favorite people on here, and I think you def deserve to carry on with your studies.  :D