Acceptance Freakout Thread

In at Georgetown!  The email said I'm a "strong candidate" for funding, but those offers won't go out until next week at the earliest.

Finally! It always only takes one. Is this for an MA or PhD?

In at Georgetown!  The email said I'm a "strong candidate" for funding, but those offers won't go out until next week at the earliest.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! So happy for you!

... Also, just got the phone call from Michelle Simmons... I'm in at Miami! With a university fellowship to boot. :D

I can't upvote, but well done!

success%20kid.jpg

Edited by Porridge

Thanks, everyone!  I'd love to attend Georgetown if they'll fund me.  Their financial aid is a bit precarious though.  My Georgetown acceptance post is demure for a reason: while Georgetown has a strong program with great Ph.D. placement, my heart's at UNC.  It's great to know I have options nonetheless.

Finally! It always only takes one. Is this for an MA or PhD?

It's a terminal M.A. program.

Three of my peers here went to Georgetown for their MA and loved it. Much congrats.

Thanks!  I've seen lots of praise from Georgetown students, a good sign in my book!

Oh and ComeBackZinc: nice to see you back on these forums!  How's Purdue treating you?

Edited by Two Espressos

Also in at Georgetown. Really wanted a PhD somewhere, but I'll go if I get funding. First positive word anywhere in two years of apps, so it's good to finally be able to pretend I did something right. Looks like a nice program.

Nonsense: you totally did something right.  Congrats, thestage!   :)

I don't know what their funding situation is like (and it can't be cheap to live in DC), but I feel like I'm always meeting people at great PhD programs who did their MA at Georgetown.

ETA: I meant to conclude that with a congrats to those accepted there!

Edited by sebastiansteddy

Two more responses today! (Wow, it's been a busy week.)

Accepted at Duquesne, and received a really lovely voicemail (followed by a subsequent phone convo) with the DGS. It's a great little program that seems to be doing a lot of things right, and some of the students I've met from this program seem quite happy. I'm a little leery about the job prospects at such a small program, though, as I imagine it's not going to be as nationally known as some of my other offers.

Also, I finally got my official rejection from Notre Dame. I knew it was coming, since I wasn't one of the people given interviews. Nice to finally make that official, I suppose.

3 acceptances in the past 4 days! I'm feeling great about this.

Another offer of admission, this time at UWashington. Wow! I really don't deserve this good fortune.

Congrats! I also got in to Washington, but for the MA. At least, that's what it says under "status" on my application on the website. But I have no e-mail or anything from them. Have you heard from them, or did you just check the site as well?

Porridge: Congratsss! I was accepted also! Are you an English or Comp Lit applicant?

(I'm uaing my phone so I have no idea) :D

English!

Congrats! I also got in to Washington, but for the MA. At least, that's what it says under "status" on my application on the website. But I have no e-mail or anything from them. Have you heard from them, or did you just check the site as well?

No, I haven't heard a peep. I only discovered the website response because there was an admission report on the Grad Cafe results board.

Just got offered official admission to University of Maryland after receiving a tentative offer a week and a half ago depending on how things played out! Excited and relieved!

Congrats! Will you be attending the visit day on March 13?

Congrats! Will you be attending the visit day on March 13?

Yes, I was planning to already, and I'm happy to now be attending without the pressure of feeling like something I say might sway them one way or the other on me!