So what age are the ages of all you grad school hopefuls this year?

Biostat_Assistant_Prof

I started my Masters program a few months shy of 21 (Definitely created awkward alcohol related situations because I look older than I am XD Bad genetics, bad!) Now I'm 23 and am trying for PhD. Age has come up at some interviews, but I think they just want to make sure I am not naive about my decisions/research interest and independent (both personal and professional) enough to hack a doctoral program. Panicmode, that may be a special circumstance, since we don't know much about the other applicant except hearsay..

Just turned 25! Although I see that a lot of people who apply to CS Master's courses have some work experience so hopefully the age difference won't be so bad. The thing that worries me most is that it will have been 4 years since I left university (and last did any real studying) when I start...adjusting is going to be tricky!

I'm 26; I'll be 27 by the time my decisions come in.  :-)

I feel older than most students because I finished undergrad at 19 and have been in my career for 7 years.

@gradschoolmom "If you have the credentials, you have a chance!"

Really? Here are my credentials:

12 conference publications, 2 journal articles and 1 book chapter. 1 patent, 1 award nomination, countless review committees, program committees, invited talks, panels, etc. 16+ years science experience with a prestigious neurosurgery journal article (12 reviewers). Undergrad GPA: 3.82, Current Grad GPA: 3.62. h-index: 7.

I just got rejected from the PhD program where my advisor instead picked someone who has ZERO first author publications and only about 2 years of experience. However, this person is about 15 years younger than me.

Problem is, you never know what they were thinking. I know a 37 yr old neuro phd who had a low gre/UG gpa but got into top programs; he thinks partially because his age/experience showed he was committed. Good luck with your other apps!

19, 20 by the time i start my grad program. i guess i might be the youngest here :P 

but honestly, i don't think anyone can tell i'm younger than average on interviews, and i get the sense that it's not a big deal, that people would judge me on my merits even if they knew. 

25 for my PhD this fall.  I was 23 when I started my MA, and ended up in the lower end age-wise with my cohort. (Students from 21 all the way to their 60s!) 

I'm 29 and applying to doctoral programs in Clinical Psychology (both PhD and Psy.D.) I had two Psy.D interviews this week and I was one of the older applicants present although some of the current students present for questions/social interaction were older than me. I also know someone at a program I applied to that is about 7 years older than me and started the program at around 35-36.

I was 22 graduating from undergrad, spent 2 years taking extra course for psych, started a M.A. program at 25.

23, will be turning 24 this summer.  Did I read correctly when someone said mid-teens lol?  In any case, younger or older everyone brings something interesting and different to the table.

Nope!  I'm 45.  I "win", I guess?

Looks like I am the oldest of the bunch, at 43!  

I think my chances are just as bad as all our chances here.  Lots of people wanting very few spots and limited funding.  Having the credentials doesn't always get you in and lacking the credentials doesn't always keep you out.  Good luck to everyone reaching for the gold ring... unless you are applying to my top choice!!  LOL!

Just turned 45! Just got my first rejection...not holding much hope really