Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

That's unfortunate seaglass. I feel

for you. Looking at the students who've already been given a seat, it seems like they were absolutely sure about them. I am not sure how many students take up one class but I remember reading 60 somewhere. If they indeed take 60 students then we may be on the shortlist. What's disappointing is that they expect us to be on hold for so long. I Am going to give it a couple of weeks and then go on with my second preference. I can't wait any longer as I also have to secure a study loan. 

16 hours ago, Awaitin84 said:

Sorry to hear about that kislay88. But at least they sent you something. My first preference is lky and I have offers from universities in the uk which I can't accept till I hear from lky. I followed up again today and they said they can't help me before end of May by when I would've lost out on the other university offers too. Really confused and on tenterhooks 

Dear Awaitin,its my recommendation that if you can please confirm your seat in UK colleges.I feel what matters is to secure the seat first.I know about the deposits and all but you cannot endlessly wait for the decision..

14 hours ago, aemi said:

Hi kislay88. What was the Content of rejection email. I got an email from apply@lkyspp.com about change in my email subscription and next year's admissions opening in August. Is it rejection like you received?

Na.It was a straight rejection.maybe they put you on next year's list.I wish they stated the reason for my rejection so i could work upon that.That without reason stuff hurts actually. 

10 hours ago, seaglass0025 said:

Feeling your pain right now...my deadline to accept offers from other schools is this week. LKY told me they would let me know by late April, Early May. Not sure why the dates they are telling all of us is so arbitrary and mixed. 

Thinking about putting deposit down for one of my schools for the time being, you? 

Actually i am beginning the application cycle again,I have faced rejections from colleges from US.So applying more in US and now in Europe.Its actually seriously confusing as i thought i had decent work ex with avg GRE score of 309.Gave TOEFL twice but got above 100.So i am confused what is the reason?I am not from policy making background but dealt with SME for 3 years so though that would work.Anyways Sesaglass,i pray you get through but i recommend that you accept the offer of other schools too.

46 minutes ago, kislay88 said:

Actually i am beginning the application cycle again,I have faced rejections from colleges from US.So applying more in US and now in Europe.Its actually seriously confusing as i thought i had decent work ex with avg GRE score of 309.Gave TOEFL twice but got above 100.So i am confused what is the reason?I am not from policy making background but dealt with SME for 3 years so though that would work.Anyways Sesaglass,i pray you get through but i recommend that you accept the offer of other schools too.

You shouldn't be disappointed as I received rejections from some Australian universities and some offered without scholarship. So for the time being LKYSPP is my only hope otherwise I don't have stamina to start application process again

6 hours ago, kislay88 said:

Na.It was a straight rejection.maybe they put you on next year's list.I wish they stated the reason for my rejection so i could work upon that.That without reason stuff hurts actually. 

Next year's list? Sorry. Didn't understand. Please if it is not too much to ask for, can you explain?

1 hour ago, Awaitin84 said:

Next year's list? Sorry. Didn't understand. Please if it is not too much to ask for, can you explain?

I don't think there is any such list as every year new applications are received. That email was a random system generated email sent to all those who have subscribed to their mailing list. I have confirmed it from LKYSPP and they told me they will be sending offers in batches till end April and start May.

11 hours ago, aemi said:

You shouldn't be disappointed as I received rejections from some Australian universities and some offered without scholarship. So for the time being LKYSPP is my only hope otherwise I don't have stamina to start application process again

I don't have any option as i am interested in course .I know the process is trying but if you see the lists of good univs there are many which are still admitting.I am a believer so i think he has a plan.What it is i don't know.My only option is to keep trying and that is something i would request you all to.

Edited by kislay88

5 hours ago, Awaitin84 said:

I received it that way.Regretting that i wasn't admitted and all the repeat telecasts of rejections.So this is new hence i think they put you in some kind of preferred list for next year but yes you can communicate directly or if aemi has contacted it would be true.

15 hours ago, kislay88 said:

Kislay, sorry to hear that :( Best of wishes on your journey...

But all the same, I find it odd how to lots of other folks they mentioned rejections would be entered into the system late May...so my impression was that rejections would not be given out till the end?

Seems like they have some complex admissions procedure...

4 hours ago, seaglass0025 said:

Kislay, sorry to hear that :( Best of wishes on your journey...

But all the same, I find it odd how to lots of other folks they mentioned rejections would be entered into the system late May...so my impression was that rejections would not be given out till the end?

Seems like they have some complex admissions procedure...

Even i am not able to understand that.Is it due to my background?Coz i am confused.I was an engineering grad who started his proff life as a banker.Did this worked against me in the application?I am confused

26 minutes ago, seaglass0025 said:

Also accepted!! No funding either. But seems like there's contradictory info on this though.

What about contradictory info? is it about scholarships? Is there any chances of scholarship later or they have already offered all? Are you going to accept the admission offer without scholarship? I am in a fix what to do?

1 minute ago, aemi said:

What about contradictory info? is it about scholarships? Is there any chances of scholarship later or they have already offered all? Are you going to accept the admission offer without scholarship? I am in a fix what to do?

Hey aemi, seems like some folks on the Facebook thread are saying how if some scholarship recipients decline their offer the aid can possibly trickle down to folks without. But I along with some other people have e-mailed the admissions office and they confirmed that if aid is not mentioned in the offer letter that is it. 

Well, it's stressful since another top choice school I was considering has a tuition deposit deadline for tomorrow. They also offered me a partial scholarship.

Did not expect LKY to drop the bomb tonight so was mentally prepared to do so. This changes the game completely. Honestly, LKY is one of my top choices and I want to be in Singapore for some personal reasons. So, there is a high possibility I will accept. But will have to spend today tossing and turning... 

What will you do and what's your situation?

1 minute ago, seaglass0025 said:

Hey aemi, seems like some folks on the Facebook thread are saying how if some scholarship recipients decline their offer the aid can possibly trickle down to folks without. But I along with some other people have e-mailed the admissions office and they confirmed that if aid is not mentioned in the offer letter that is it. 

Well, it's stressful since another top choice school I was considering has a tuition deposit deadline for tomorrow. They also offered me a partial scholarship.

Did not expect LKY to drop the bomb tonight so was mentally prepared to do so. This changes the game completely. Honestly, LKY is one of my top choices and I want to be in Singapore for some personal reasons. So, there is a high possibility I will accept. But will have to spend today tossing and turning... 

What will you do and what's your situation?

I do have offer from university of Melbourne but without any scholarship so I am surely not going to accept it. I really want to be at LKYSPP but will decide after getting clear picture of scholarships? As it would be difficult for me to continue 2 years of education without any funding.

I had my interview back in February.  Though it didn't go too well I am still waiting to hear back on a yes or no. I think they should align their admissions announcements with others schools. I've gotten into a school in the US and I guess I am going to go ahead with that.  

Hi guys. 

Just as I had settled on Duke's Sanford School (where I got a 40% fellowship) and paid the deposit there, there was a twist in the tale that has left me confused once again. Yesterday, I was offered admission at NUS with a full scholarship. Now I'm not sure where I stand. Can you please advise me about a program in Singapore vs. a program in the US?

I had made up my mind regarding Duke but the funding has made me double-minded. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

I would ideally like to work on the research side of policy (think tanks, or one of the multilateral agencies like the World Bank, UNDP etc). Can anyone advise on whether international students can easily get jobs in Singapore or places like this elsewhere in the world?

Also, how recognized would the MPP from NUS be in Europe/America?

9 hours ago, kd7432 said:

Hi guys. 

Just as I had settled on Duke's Sanford School (where I got a 40% fellowship) and paid the deposit there, there was a twist in the tale that has left me confused once again. Yesterday, I was offered admission at NUS with a full scholarship. Now I'm not sure where I stand. Can you please advise me about a program in Singapore vs. a program in the US?

I had made up my mind regarding Duke but the funding has made me double-minded. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

I would ideally like to work on the research side of policy (think tanks, or one of the multilateral agencies like the World Bank, UNDP etc). Can anyone advise on whether international students can easily get jobs in Singapore or places like this elsewhere in the world?

Hi kd7432 I hv met some LKYSPP graduates in Pakistan mostly working in government sector on contract basis. Don't know about job prospects in Singapore however you can join ADB or other prestigious institution. If you are intending to work overseas in Europe or US then studying in US is better option for you as it will give you global recognition. However if you are intending to go back to your home country then LKYSPP is good option. As they teach more in Asian perspective you can see case studies on their websites most of which are Asian. Best of luck

On 15/04/2016 at 8:22 PM, kd7432 said:

Hi guys. 

Hey kd7432 congratulations!! Hope you make the best decision.

3 hours ago, Zeezee said:

Hey kd7432 congratulations!! Hope you make the best decision.

Hi. Zeezee are you going to LKYSPP? I got admission with no funding and now in a fix what to do as I don't want to go study in Europe or US. I am not sure about job prospects after MPP from LKYSPP. Will I be able to pay huge student loan? Any suggestions.

Hi aemi, congrats on your offer! Yes I have accepted my offer to LKYSPP.. Am really sorry about the scholarship, and I dont really know much about funding options in your country but I had an Indian friend who attended an MBA program in the UK with a student loan from a bank. Also i think there are amazing job prospects after the MPP, especially with international organizations. Since the MPP at LKYSPP is your preferred program then i suggest you stick with it. However, if you think you are really going to be stressed out financially, you could defer your admission to next year. Someone on the facebook page said she would be deferring her admission and that the people at the admissions office were very helpful. Wish you the best!