Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Hi Guys, had my interview for MPA on 22nd Feb. It was about 20-25 mins on a case study on Coca plantations in Colombia. Questions were only about the case study and the Prof. who took the interview informed that the results will start rolling in from April onward. Best wishes to all the LKY applicants. Cheers!

57 minutes ago, vapra007 said:

I have not got interview call. I applied for MPA. Till when should i wait before resolving that i am not selected?

This is the automatic reply I got a few days back when inquired regarding some issue:

'We are in the midst of processing applications. Shortlisted candidates who are required to attend an interview will be notified via email between February to March 2019. Please note that not all shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Applicants will be informed of the final admissions and scholarship outcomes between April and June 2019.'

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers!

On 2/28/2019 at 12:25 PM, Strider1 said:

Hi Guys, had my interview for MPA on 22nd Feb. It was about 20-25 mins on a case study on Coca plantations in Colombia. Questions were only about the case study and the Prof. who took the interview informed that the results will start rolling in from April onward. Best wishes to all the LKY applicants. Cheers!

Hi Strider1, could you please give some information on your background etc?

I too applied for MPA, but havent got any call. 

On 3/3/2019 at 10:24 AM, vapra007 said:

Hi Strider1, could you please give some information on your background etc?

I too applied for MPA, but havent got any call. 

Hi vapra007,

I have 10 years of experience in financial inclusion and in international development, both public and private sector.
Prepared my SOPs much in advance with dozens of revisions and contacted my referees for recommendation letters by July last year.
Had an MPA degree on my mind for a long time now and this happens to be my 1st and final attempt.

39 minutes ago, Strider1 said:

Hi vapra007,

I have 10 years of experience in financial inclusion and in international development, both public and private sector.
Prepared my SOPs much in advance with dozens of revisions and contacted my referees for recommendation letters by July last year.
Had an MPA degree on my mind for a long time now and this happens to be my 1st and final attempt.

Wow what a similarity. Iam in to Financial Inclusion as well with 14+ yrs experience and this happens to be my first and last attempts. Which country are you from? Iam from India

On my application will check with admissions office again

On 2/28/2019 at 2:42 PM, 9753 said:

During my interview, they informed me that they will start releasing the results from the first week of April. 

I heard last year they released results mid-March. How long did your interview take? Mine only went for about 20 mins. 

The results release dates have varied in previous years with initial release dates ranging from mid-March to early April. 

I received a generic email advising that interviews continue through the month of March and results are released in April. 

News on the outcome can't come soon enough =/ 

I have yet to receive an interview invitation (unsure if that's a good thing or not as I can't figure out what criteria is used by LKYSPP for selecting applicants to be interviewed) 

Edited by Repat Hopes

Hi All, 

So from what I understand, there are four scenarios after you have made the application.

1. You get a direct admission offer along with an offer for scholarship, 

2. You get a direct admission offer without a scholarship, 

3. You get a call for the interview and then the process moves forward, and 

4. You don't get an admission offer. 

So for people who have not got an interview call till now, option 3 is out for them. The rest of the options, however, are still open! This is my case too.  Still lurching in obscurity. 

Therefore, whoever has an update on their application it would be great if they could share it here. Please validate these scenarios if one agrees. 

Thanks 

13 hours ago, Lurcher said:

Please validate these scenarios if one agrees

Yup, sounds about right. Which program did you apply for, Lurcher? 

And would you be willing to share your profile (i.e. Background, education, experience, test scores, etc.)? 

In a brief, I am a business journalist based out of New Delhi, India. Have roughly about 10 years experience writing on Indian government's economic policies. Have a bachelors degree in economics and a masters in journalism thereafter. 

On 3/3/2019 at 10:34 PM, vapra007 said:

Wow what a similarity. Iam in to Financial Inclusion as well with 14+ yrs experience and this happens to be my first and last attempts. Which country are you from? Iam from India

On my application will check with admissions office again

I called them up last week to check. They said my application was not processed, as my degree scroll was not given. They raised this point earlier as well and I replied that i have given and thats what i have at my end. Nevertheless they moved my application status from submitted online to physical verification done. But even after a week i have not got any interview call. I called them again today. They say that not all will be interviewed. Not sure if they are telling this to coverup the mess on the document pending thing or is there a precdence of not interviewing and getting admitted 

I applied for MPA

Last Dec the admission office informed me that I lacked one document in my application, which is my passport, then I sent to them the photocopy. They replied to me saying that my application status was already changed to complete and verified.  

7 hours ago, vapra007 said:

I called them up last week to check. They said my application was not processed, as my degree scroll was not given. They raised this point earlier as well and I replied that i have given and thats what i have at my end. Nevertheless they moved my application status from submitted online to physical verification done. But even after a week i have not got any interview call. I called them again today. They say that not all will be interviewed. Not sure if they are telling this to coverup the mess on the document pending thing or is there a precdence of not interviewing and getting admitted 

I applied for MPA

I got full scholarship for MPA last year without any interview

Hi, has anyone heard from the school on admission results yet? While I know they have stated that they will roll out the results from first week of April but just thought if someone has heard from them, it could help us know the revised timeline. 

5 hours ago, sspxs said:

Hello. It seems that programs different than MPP have already received offers. Guess that MPP is most requested, and they might be taking their time to decide.

Hi applied for MPA. Havent heard anything so far.

Anyone from India heard for MPA