Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Hi everyone, I emailed LKY regarding the interview situation as I haven't been contacted yet and I also asked the timeframe for when they would be releasing decisions. I thought I would share the response with you all as I found it quite interesting. Good luck to all :)

"Please be informed that we are in the midst of processing the applications. If you are required to attend an interview, you will be informed via email between February and March. Otherwise, the final outcome of the admissions and scholarships will be released to the applicants between April and May. Do note that not all selected candidates are required to attend admissions interview."

20 hours ago, Asokai said:

@hunny7 - Keep the hope alive. It appears they are conducting the interviews in batches. I pray you get your invitation soon. All the best!

@Jughead - Hey Jughead, nice to know we are both applicants for the 2017 MPA at the LKY SPP. Have you done your interview, when did you do yours and when did they tell you to expect the result. 

I just had my interview on 3rd March and was thinking it's pretty earlier to expect the outcome.

In any case, I pray we will be among the successful applicants to be accepted. 

Please let's keep ourselves posted on developments as I have only seen 3 or 4 of us on this forum who applied for the 2017 MPA.

All the best.

Thank you very much for your wishes. I wish you all the best too!

15 hours ago, RG_MPA said:

To all the MPA candidates on this forums:

Apart from LKYSPP which others schools you guys have applied for ? 

I have taken a crack at LSE as well ?

Hi, I applied for MPA and only to LKY School.) Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, Ella16 said:

Hi everyone, I emailed LKY regarding the interview situation as I haven't been contacted yet and I also asked the timeframe for when they would be releasing decisions. I thought I would share the response with you all as I found it quite interesting. Good luck to all :)

"Please be informed that we are in the midst of processing the applications. If you are required to attend an interview, you will be informed via email between February and March. Otherwise, the final outcome of the admissions and scholarships will be released to the applicants between April and May. Do note that not all selected candidates are required to attend admissions interview."

Hi, thank you for sharing this along! Sounds encouraging ..)

5 hours ago, Ella16 said:

Thanks @Ella16!! This seems to be a slight departure from normal course. I always thought interviews were conducted for all selected applicants. 

@curiousstudentu - Yea, the issue of not all selected applicants are expected to attend interviews is really new to me. However, I guess each school has its own processes. 

Fingers crossed anyways!

On 2/18/2015 at 3:20 PM, Kaleem said:

Its general applicant205

I had my interview yesterday and cant really say how it went. I tried to do my best. My case study topic was- Tsunami in Japan and Fukushima disaster. Hope this helps. 

Thanks 

Good luck everyone 

15 hours ago, R Sood said:

I had my interview yesterday and cant really say how it went. I tried to do my best. My case study topic was- Tsunami in Japan and Fukushima disaster. Hope this helps. 

Thanks 

Good luck everyone 

Hi, R Sood. It is encouraging to know that interviews are still on... When did you get your notification for interview?

7 hours ago, R Sood said:

I was notified on March 1st- I'm MPP Applicant. Hope this information helps. Good luck 

Thanks. Good luck to you

Anybody here applying for HKS as well? I'm just got rejected haha and wishing better outcome for LKY.

Any info when we will receive the decision?

14 minutes ago, Theo20 said:

Anybody here applying for HKS as well? I'm just got rejected haha and wishing better outcome for LKY.

sorry to hear that Theo, trust that you will end up exactly where you belong. According to the e-mail I received and to past years results should start coming out in early april. I believe succesful applicants with scholarships are generally notified before the 15th. What happened with that informal chat btw? Did it happen, did you have your interview?

1 hour ago, Theo20 said:

Sorry! I just got rejected by HKS too. I can empathise with you. I'm sure something will work out for us. 

Best 

12 hours ago, Ella16 said:

sorry to hear that Theo, trust that you will end up exactly where you belong. According to the e-mail I received and to past years results should start coming out in early april. I believe succesful applicants with scholarships are generally notified before the 15th. What happened with that informal chat btw? Did it happen, did you have your interview?

The chat is scheduled this saturday. Will inform you guys about it later. Wish me luck!

10 hours ago, RS- Tz said:

Sorry! I just got rejected by HKS too. I can empathise with you. I'm sure something will work out for us. 

Best 

Thank you for the kind words! Yup, I hope something better awaits us.

I was interviewed on 3rd of March, 2017. Like some people, my initial fifteen minutes were lost to bad connection. Case study was on subsidies. Interviewer was friendly. Interview was so and so. Fingers Crossed! Best for all!

8 hours ago, Amir Shehzad said:

I was interviewed on 3rd of March, 2017. Like some people, my initial fifteen minutes were lost to bad connection. Case study was on rice subsidies. Interviewer was friendly. Interview was so and so. Fingers Crossed! Best for all!

Yea Amir, fingers crossed. We are into another waiting game. Wish us all good luck.

On March 7, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Ella16 said:

Hi Ella, 

Thanks once again for sharing this info. Please which program did you apply? I  am looking forward to joining the MPA 2017 Cohort.

1 hour ago, Amir Shehzad said:

What is HKS?

Hi Amir,

I think HKS is a US based Public Policy School. Just like LKY - LEE KUAN YEW, HKS - HARVARD KENEDY SCHOOL.