Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Good luck to all those who will be interviewed! Haven't really heard yet from LKY, which is kinda making me anxious. Hoping for the best for all of us :)

Anyway, would anyone here know around how many people are typically accepted? 

6 hours ago, Ltolin said:

Good luck to all those who will be interviewed! Haven't really heard yet from LKY, which is kinda making me anxious. Hoping for the best for all of us :)

Anyway, would anyone here know around how many people are typically accepted? 

Hi! From 60 to 80 students are accepted to MPP every year. 

What's your background? 

9 minutes ago, Libérateur said:

Hi! From 60 to 80 students are accepted to MPP every year. 

What's your background? 

Hi @Libérateur! Thanks for answering my query, very nice to meet you. I am currently working as a researcher in our government's policy think tank (duration: 3.5 years). How about you? 

Would also like to hear from others, so as to stimulate discussion in this year's application round :)

Edited by Ltolin

4 minutes ago, Libérateur said:

Nice to meet you too! 
I am still a student, so I do not have extensive working experience :( 

Don't worry @Libérateur, I think work experience is not really a requirement for admission to the program. As long as you were able to submit your application within the deadline, you'll do fine. :)

I submitted my application 10 minutes before the deadline, not sure if it will have any bearing, but it's making me really anxious. Hoping things will turn well for the both of us! 

5 minutes ago, Ltolin said:

Don't worry @Libérateur, I think work experience is not really a requirement for admission to the program. As long as you were able to submit your application within the deadline, you'll do fine. :)

I submitted my application 10 minutes before the deadline, not sure if it will have any bearing, but it's making me really anxious. Hoping things will turn well for the both of us! 

You did not miss the deadline, so I am sure it's fine :)

On 2/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, Libérateur said:

How did it go?

Hi sorry for the delayed reply, just got back from CNY celebrations - warm wishes of prosperity for all who celebrate!

The interview went quite alright, it was about private schools. 2 questions on recommendations and analysis, as well as a quantitative one. No crazy math needed, just the ability to pick out the key info and then plugging into your equation(s).

With immense gratitude, I'd like to share that I just received an offer for MIA 2018/2020. Considering if I should go for it or wait out the response for MPP. All the best everyone!

41 minutes ago, ADBN said:

Hi sorry for the delayed reply, just got back from CNY celebrations - warm wishes of prosperity for all who celebrate!

The interview went quite alright, it was about private schools. 2 questions on recommendations and analysis, as well as a quantitative one. No crazy math needed, just the ability to pick out the key info and then plugging into your equation(s).

With immense gratitude, I'd like to share that I just received an offer for MIA 2018/2020. Considering if I should go for it or wait out the response for MPP. All the best everyone!

Congratulations! Did you get a scholarship for MIA? 

18 hours ago, ADBN said:

Many many Congratulations... 

3 hours ago, Thanh Huyen said:

Hi guys,

I got offer Admission for MIA yesterday, with no mention to scholarship. 

Does it means I have no chance to have a scholarship? 

Sent a clarification email to LKYSPP. They confirmed that I did not get the scholarship offer too.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:31 PM, Libérateur said:

Congratulations! Did you get a scholarship for MIA? 

21 hours ago, Sonalm said:

Many many Congratulations... 

Thanks folks!
Just wondering - for those admitted to the MIA, any of you still waiting on your MPA/MPP applications or are y'all just sticking with the MIA offer? Anybody declining LKY for other schools? Congrats and best of luck to all of you!