Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

7 hours ago, anmanya said:

Didn't they say they'll keep sending admission results in batches till May?

I think so.

Last year some people got scholarships 14th of April, so everything is possible. Good luck:)

Hello Everyone. I got an admit letter for the MPA Program last Friday. 

Any applicants awarded scholarship, yet ?

Good luck to all those still waiting ! I wish you well.

ok guys so I spoke to LKY, they said I didn't get a scholarship and that chances of scholarships being redistributed are slim, exact words were "I can't tell you if it could happen but I would say no". So, there you have it. For anyone still wondering if your letter didn't contain the scholarship that's the end of the game unless a miracle happens but don't hold your breath. 

oh and for people still waiting, since all of us from the first batch have to submit our decision by thursday chances are the next round of acceptances will start either friday or next monday or tuesday (this is conjecture on my part, LKY didn't tell me this). Acceptances are done in batches not in a steady stream so don't worry if you don't hear in the next few days, usually they do all of them together throughout one or two days. 

Edited by Ella16

1 hour ago, Ella16 said:

ok guys so I spoke to LKY, they said I didn't get a scholarship and that chances of scholarships being redistributed are slim, exact words were "I can't tell you if it could happen but I would say no". So, there you have it. For anyone still wondering if your letter didn't contain the scholarship that's the end of the game unless a miracle happens but don't hold your breath. 

oh and for people still waiting, since all of us from the first batch have to submit our decision by thursday chances are the next round of acceptances will start either friday or next monday or tuesday (this is conjecture on my part, LKY didn't tell me this). Acceptances are done in batches not in a steady stream so don't worry if you don't hear in the next few days, usually they do all of them together throughout one or two days. 

Thank you so much! :)

On 4/7/2017 at 3:12 PM, Amir Shehzad said:

Anyone who applied from Pakistan for MPP at LKYSPP and got the offer? Is there anyone? @aemi! Any news on your part?

Yes. I got an email reply to my query that my  admission offer is confirmed however as scholarship decisions are in midst therefore I have to wait untill they contact me. 

4 hours ago, Ella16 said:

Thats right. If your admission offer doesn't contain scholarship letter  your chances are thin. However admission offers will continue to roll till end of May however I am not sure if any new scholarships will be awarded along with

16 hours ago, anmanya said:

Didn't they say they'll keep sending admission results in batches till May?

Dear all,

I haven't contacted LKYSPP since I submitted my application in October, 2016. I haven't heard from them nor was I been invited for an interview. 

I decided to hear from them today and this is the reply;

" Dear Applicant,

Application review period is from February to May 2017.

Offer letter will come during April to May, 2017.

You will be notified by the school regardless of the result.

Hope this clarifies. "

I think it is straight forward. Goodluck to everyone. 

On 4/1/2017 at 10:16 PM, aemi said:

I am a business graduate from Pakistan with excellent grades which is the only reason I got offer last year I guess. I have worked 3 years on an international project funded by Canadian govt. and running my own small business for last 6-7 years along with a welfare centre for under privileged children.

My case study was regarding international funding options. Interview was conducted at the same time are the doing it separately now? Interview was general about my ambitions and expectations. I didn't get the scholarship though which was the main reason for not joining. When was your interview conducted? have anyone received offer letters yet? 

Amir I have already mentioned my background. Btw I am from University of the Punjab.

3 hours ago, Ndahi said:

Dear all,

I haven't contacted LKYSPP since I submitted my application in October, 2016. I haven't heard from them nor was I been invited for an interview. 

I decided to hear from them today and this is the reply;

" Dear Applicant,

Application review period is from February to May 2017.

Offer letter will come during April to May, 2017.

You will be notified by the school regardless of the result.

Hope this clarifies. "

I think it is straight forward. Goodluck to everyone. 

Another mail; stating that Offers and scholarships  will come in batches between April to May 2017. 

1 hour ago, Amir Shehzad said:

@aemi, Thanks for posting it again. Funding is trouble for everyone. You have good experience. Do pray for me too am still waiting. 

Hoping to see you there. 

Good luck.

Does lky not award any partial scholarships? It's either full ride or nothing at all? I think more of their accepted applicants would attend if they received at least some help, they'd get more of their tp picks that way 

33 minutes ago, Ella16 said:

Does lky not award any partial scholarships? It's either full ride or nothing at all? I think more of their accepted applicants would attend if they received at least some help, they'd get more of their tp picks that way 

That's reallt wiered!!!!

9 hours ago, Ella16 said:

I agree with you, Ella. I asked them and they said they offer partial scholarship in previous years (only tuition, only housing, discount on tuition, etc). I don't know whether it is being continued this year or not.

Additionally, I think we should remember that more than 600 persons applied for MPP this year. While in my observation, less than 60 persons are being involved in this thread. So there is a big possibility that the conversation here does not capture the entire situation happened to all applicants.

I do hope more people join this thread but, you know, I even stumbled upon this thread by coincidence. I wish the best for all of you guys as well!

oh my god you guys. In a crazy and completely unexpected turn of events i was offered the full scholarship just now. I'm completely taken aback considering how clearly admissions had stated that I was not given anything! :D I'm still in shock. So there you have it, my previous advice might have been mistaken. Good luck to all and thank you for the support! I honestly would have lost my mind without gradcafe!