Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

39 minutes ago, Theo20 said:

Guys, I got the offer!

It's the official admission offer with full scholarship. I asked them and they said today is the first batch of the announcement. They will keep announcing in batches until May.

Looking forward to meet you all in Singapore this July!

Congratulations!! I really feel relieved now! Amillion thx for sharing it with us!

Edited by Nazaninn

13 minutes ago, Nazaninn said:

Congratulations!! I really feel relieved now! Amiilion thx for sharing it with us!

Yup so basically they send the early batches to those who gets the scholarship first. Eventually, as some people reject it, they will give the quota to other persons. That's why they're doing it in batches.

They also said that this year, more than 600 persons applied for the MPP. They will accept around 70-80 persons. So keep your hopes high!

I'm a final-year MPP student at the LKYSPP, and have been using this forum for my PhD applications. Wished I had stumbled across this part of the forum much earlier!

I won't be able to share much about the application or the notification process, but happy to help with regard to / answer questions related to:

- The MPP curriculum and modules;
- Life in Singapore (I'm a Singaporean myself); and
- Experience of the other students, from the other countries (happy to link you up with my classmates, if applicable!)

Congratulations to all who have received the offers and / or scholarships, and all the best to everyone else waiting for the results. I know the anxiety of the graduate-school waiting game - so hang in there!

Edited by guanyinmiao

1 hour ago, Theo20 said:

Guys, I got the offer!

It's the official admission offer with full scholarship. I asked them and they said today is the first batch of the announcement. They will keep announcing in batches until May.

Wow, congratulation and I hope that I will be able to meet you at the school. :D Thank you for your update.

1 hour ago, Theo20 said:

Guys, I got the offer!

Congrats @Theo20! So happy for you bro. Which program did you get? MPP or MPA? What is the duration time for accepting the offer? Would you like to share on the scholarship details? Your waiting is over. 

Has any other person got the offer like Theo20?

1 hour ago, Theo20 said:

Yup so basically they send the early batches to those who gets the scholarship first. Eventually, as some people reject it, they will give the quota to other persons. That's why they're doing it in batches.

They also said that this year, more than 600 persons applied for the MPP. They will accept around 70-80 persons. So keep your hopes high!

congrats, theo20

8 minutes ago, Theo20 said:

Thanks all for the kind words!

I applied for the MPP program and they said I must send back my response in a week. The scholarship covers monthly stipend, housing, books, and settling costs. Also, flights to and from Singapore.

Many thanks for sharing and congrats once again! You are now free from the nerve wrecking waiting game. Hope you don't have problems with deciding, I mean between LKY and other offers you may have got. 

1 hour ago, Theo20 said:

Guys, I got the offer!

@Theo20; Congratulations! 

2 hours ago, Theo20 said:

Guys, I got the offer!

Heartiest Congratulations @Theo20! Hope to see you soon in Singapore!

3 hours ago, Theo20 said:

Guys, I got the offer!

Congrats, @Theo20. Its good to hear that finally they have started rolling out the offers. Can you please tell what's your background and profile (work experience for instance).

P.S: Guys, did anyone from India heard anything from admission team?

1 hour ago, MPA_dream said:

seems MPA would be more competitive than MPP since there are more seats for mpp?@Asokai

It may appear so @MPA_dream due to the limited number of sits for MPA - maximum 60. However, not very many candidates may have applied for the program like the MPP. Let's just hope for positive response anyways.

Just now, Asokai said:

It may appear so @MPA_dream due to the limited number of sits for MPA - maximum 60. However, not very many candidates may have applied for the program like the MPP. Let's just hope for positive response anyways.

Yes..i also think in that way..Mpp seems to be attracting more candidates..btw, does order of preference appeared on application system make any difference on admission outcomes?

44 minutes ago, MPA_dream said:

Yes..i also think in that way..Mpp seems to be attracting more candidates..btw, does order of preference appeared on application system make any difference on admission outcomes?

I don't think so. Did you apply for more than one of LKY programs? I only submitted for MPA.

26 minutes ago, sharma_enthusiast said:

Has anyone who applied for MPA received any notification?

@sharma_enthusiast - None that I know. At least no one has shared such infor of offer for MPA. Is it possible that they started with MPP today? What do you think? You know they released those of MIA sometime in March. I am now anxious more than ever.

@guanyinmiao hi guanyin! Thank you for sharing. I will contact you through message to ask more detailed thing, if you don't mind.

@Ella16 hi ella! I got the news at 5-6 pm Singapore time yesterday.

@1309 I have 3 years working experience. But I asked them and they said the first batch accept those with 1 to >5 years experience. So you know, it really is a diverse cohort profile.

Again, thank you for the kind words! I just want to say you guys have been a bunch of kind strangers along this waiting period. I really wish we all will get the best answers soon!