Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

I feel like there was much more discussion last year lol 

On 27.01.2018 at 4:51 PM, Udaya said:

I heard from the Alumni and the admissions' office as well that, not all candidates need be interviewed. However, I was unable to gather any info. on what criteria marks a candidates' selection for an interview.

9 minutes ago, ADBN said:

Hi all, applied for MIA and MPP 2018/2019. Got an interview invite today.

Career exp in political/public affairs consulting in SEA for about 3.5yrs, with some media experience. Degree in finance and intl mgmt. GRE: V - 160, Q - 156, AW - 4.5.

Best of luck everyone!

By mail? When is the interview scheduled?

Hello everyone, I applied for MPA 2018/19. Got an interview invitation today. Interviews scheduled next week 9 Feb. Planning Officer in Malawi Ministry of Environment, Energy & Mining with 8 years working experience. Holder of BSc and MSc in Environmental Sciences. Good luck to all and lets keep in touch Comrades.

On 02.02.2018 at 6:13 PM, Ammonny said:

Hello everyone, I applied for MPA 2018/19. Got an interview invitation today. Interviews scheduled next week 9 Feb. Planning Officer in Malawi Ministry of Environment, Energy & Mining with 8 years working experience. Holder of BSc and MSc in Environmental Sciences. Good luck to all and lets keep in touch Comrades.

Hello! What's your application status on the website? 

This is the reply I got when I mailed adcom:

Some of the applicants will be interviewed from February to March 2018 (which will be held either face-to-face or over Skype). 

However, please note that not all successful candidates will be interviewed (only some of the successful candidates will be interviewed).

The outcome of the applications will be known in April 2018. The school will contact the successful applicants via email. Other applicants may check the status of their application in our online application system in April 2018. “

That’s a quite ridiculous process. I am sure that only a certain number of applicants are shorlisted to the next level (whether with or without interview). They should let the others know in advance than making them wait till April. 

4 hours ago, Prester John said:

This is the reply I got when I mailed adcom:

Some of the applicants will be interviewed from February to March 2018 (which will be held either face-to-face or over Skype). 

However, please note that not all successful candidates will be interviewed (only some of the successful candidates will be interviewed).

The outcome of the applications will be known in April 2018. The school will contact the successful applicants via email. Other applicants may check the status of their application in our online application system in April 2018. “

That’s a quite ridiculous process. I am sure that only a certain number of applicants are shorlisted to the next level (whether with or without interview). They should let the others know in advance than making them wait till April. 

True! What's your current application status on the website? 

I got an interview request yesterday. MPP.
Central Bank of Brazil, almost 3 years experience, BA in International Relations at a great latin american university (but only mediocre globally).

3 hours ago, Libérateur said:

Hello! Can you please share your background? 

Hi! Yes, sorry, I'm new to this. I'm American, went to a good US university for my BA in East Asian Studies, 3 years work experience in Shanghai, GRE: V-170, Q-163, AW-5. 

12 hours ago, matk said:

Hi! Yes, sorry, I'm new to this. I'm American, went to a good US university for my BA in East Asian Studies, 3 years work experience in Shanghai, GRE: V-170, Q-163, AW-5. 

You have an outstanding profile! Good luck on interview! :)  When is it, by the way? 

Edited by Libérateur

29 minutes ago, matk said:

Thank you very much! It's this Friday...no idea what to expect honestly.

Hey, 

How was your interview? What all it included?

I received the invite for the today and its scheduled for Monday. Needed some inputs on how to prepare for the same. 

I am a current MPA student, was interviewed last year. It was a case, I was given time to read it, the professor (interviewer) asked me question about the case. No questions about myself, but some others had questions about their past professional experience & etc. All the best!

21 hours ago, Libérateur said:

background

B.Tech and MBA from a decent Indian University. 3.5 years of work experience in strategising and implementing policies in Skilling and Higher education space. GRE: V-156; Q-159; AW-4.5. 

Need some inputs to prepare for the case study interview? Please advise  

13 hours ago, APRAJITA27 said:

B.Tech and MBA from a decent Indian University. 3.5 years of work experience in strategising and implementing policies in Skilling and Higher education space. GRE: V-156; Q-159; AW-4.5. 

Need some inputs to prepare for the case study interview? Please advise  

Did you get an interview invitation for MPP?