HGSE Fall 2014

Edupunk

FYI I just got on the phone and bugged admissions and got exactly zero info out of them regarding both number of interviews being given and number of students they're anticipating accepting. So. That's that. 

They did say they're still giving out interview invitations though. 

FYI: I emailed the HGSE to ask if Ed. L.D. applicants had been notified of interviews yet, and here is the response I got:

Thank you for your email. We can confirm that we have begun notifying individuals who were selected for an Ed.L.D. interview. Please note that candidates will be notified via email only.Admissions decisions will not be finalized until all committee deliberations have been completed, and every applicant will be notified through his/her online account by mid March. Please be advised that the Admissions Office is unable to provide information regarding admissions decisions on the phone in order to ensure applicant confidentiality.

Sooo, not looking good for those who haven't been notified yet (like me) but good luck to all! You never know. :-)

I spoke with admissions this am. They said the invites just started to go out. I still think if we haven't heard by Friday it isn't a good sign. I have oh so little hope but will try to keep some alive til then.

They are giving out conflicting information regarding Ed.LD interviews. I spoke with a young man this afternoon who indicated all the invitations have been sent out. However he added that the committee continues to review applications. The whole thing is a mine game. Reminds me of pledging.

has anyone else received an interview for the PhD in Education? I know several people received interview invitations on January 25th...has there been any other action since then?

I am also wondering if anyone has heard from the PhD in Education since then. Does anyone here apply for the EPPE concentration?

Does anyone know if they've started reviewing EdM apps yet or are they still doing doctoral admissions? (Or do they do in parallel)?

I'm sure they've at least started. Decisions are expected within two weeks. They get around 4,000 applicants and select around 670 so they're not gonna have toooo much time.