2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Got an email from WuSTL saying that they are still reviewing apps including mine and that they will finish in the next 2 weeks. Ummmm, interviews have already started...they must've gotten a ton of applications since they can't get to everyone in time for the interviews (kinda not fair), or maybe I'm rejected but they just don't want to tell me. :(

I'm not sure what program you applied to, but I know that many of them have multiple interview dates. I know for certain that Immunology has another interview toward the end of February.

that is what I thought so too...does anyone have any guesses for the other programs (mcb, oeb, bbs)?

I believe that since BBS is the umbrella program, the admission rates for interviewees are slightly higher than other programs. That being said, I've heard that the BBS rate is around 80%

I applied to NYU - dept of biology (developmental genetics) and I thought that I applied to sackler-NYU biomedical science program ... :| ... i guess one down!!! 

Also does anyone have another update on BU PiBS? I would email again but I don't want to look annoying... I know they've gotten a ton of snow so maybe that delayed them. Last Friday I was told I "shall be hearing shortly"... is a week and a half shortly? Haha.

The northeast has kind of been dealing with a blizzard so...it might take longer. Their answers are consistently cagey though!!

I saw this posted in the results for the Stony Brook CMB program:

Stony Brook University MCB, PhD (F14) Interview via E-mail on 23 Jan 2014 I 23 Jan 2014
  • Interview team will come to Beijing in Feb 18~20! I will fight for my offer!

They are flying to beijing???

Has anyone who received a ukentucky ibs invite gotten a response after confirming when u would be coming to interview? I told them I'd be coming two weeks ago and never received any sort of reply.

Hey stizz-

I interviewed at Pitt two weeks ago, there were about 18 of us. I imagine that'll be about the max amount of people they want because of the transportation around campus.

For those interested, Weill Cornell BCMB invites are all out

Just called and got the same message "to my knowledge all invitations have already been sent out".

Has anyone heard anything from the Berkeley Infectious Disease & Immunology program or the Baylor College of Medicine Molecular Virology & Microbiology program?

I am interviewing with Baylor next weekend, the weekend of January 30th, for the Graduate Program in Immunology.

@tcmazer: Think there's one in march as well. Don't lost hope!! @jl2872 Attending the feb 6 one as well :D

Ok cool!!! I'll see you in San Antonio.  :)   

Edited by jl2782

Has anyone heard anything from the Berkeley Infectious Disease & Immunology program or the Baylor College of Medicine Molecular Virology & Microbiology program?

I am still so confused about Berkeley IDI as well.  What is going on with them?