2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

fyi to all. I asked Yale for notes and comments as to why I was not invited for an interview and they said they would look and provide me with them so if anything it would help someone improve on their future applications, etc.

I was contacted by Yale on 12/18/13 for the BBSB track, fyi. Hate to be the bearer of bad news there.

Anyone else applied to Scripps Research Institute, and has anyone heard anything yet? Seems California has better things to do than tell me anything... and Washington... and Wisconsin...

This week is worse than last, the waiting is so stressful. I know everyone else is going through the same thing, but man this is painful. I agree with the last guy, would be nice to just know and be done with it. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

I heard back from Scripps a the end of December (the 30th IIRC). But they could have different committees looking at different tracks, so who knows.

It sounds like we applied to a lot of the same places (all my schools are in those three states as well). Good luck!

If the results from the last two years are any indication, all interviews and some initial rejections (yikes!) will go out next week over the course of three or four days.

Hey sqxz, what were the interview dates at UT Southwestern for their Molecular Biophysics program? Congrats on the invite by the way =)

I heard back from Scripps a the end of December (the 30th IIRC). But they could have different committees looking at different tracks, so who knows.

It sounds like we applied to a lot of the same places (all my schools are in those three states as well). Good luck!

Which track did you apply to? I am waiting for the Chemical Biology Track. Those are the three states I am still waiting to hear from, the east coast schools I applied to have all responded. Good luck to you as well!

I've tried calling the UCSF iPQB program coordinator a few times, but have not gotten a response. Just FYI. Has anyone else heard anything?

I was told by a professor whom I met at a conference that the iPQB committee will be meeting towards the end of this week and the invitations will go out early next week. Good luck! :)

Still nothing from MIT, Stanford, or Berkeley... It's particularly annoying waiting to hear from California schools because their work day ends so much later than mine, so I can't even quit worrying at 5 every day :P 

At the moment, I am waiting for UNC, Vanderbilt, UVA, and Emory (Immunology/ Biomedical/ umbrella program). I know that some folks already got their interview invitations (I also got 3, one of which is a top choice), but I can't help refreshing my email and the grad-cafe. It's a ridiculous way to procrastinate.

I tried emailing them, because everything is listed as received and I have a receipt from ETS sending the scores to the right number and I got this:

Dear Prospective Student,

Thank you for your interest in the Biosciences Ph.D. Programs at Stanford
University. The deadline to submit an application for autumn 2014 was
Tuesday, December 3, 2013. Late applications will not be accepted.

For information about our admissions process, our faculty, and Stanford
University, please visits the following web sites:

etc. etc.

Well, I expect to get that rejection letter in the mail in the next few weeks.

Gah there is a Stanford biosciences interview in the results. I'm waiting anxiously for my rejection :D

And they won't say from which program too :(! I want to know if it is from one of the programs I applied to...

I tried emailing them, because everything is listed as received and I have a receipt from ETS sending the scores to the right number and I got this:

Dear Prospective Student,

Thank you for your interest in the Biosciences Ph.D. Programs at Stanford

University. The deadline to submit an application for autumn 2014 was

Tuesday, December 3, 2013. Late applications will not be accepted.

For information about our admissions process, our faculty, and Stanford

University, please visits the following web sites:

etc. etc.

Well, I expect to get that rejection letter in the mail in the next few weeks.

Sounds automated. I'd call them to sort it out.

There are two now and the first says neuro so i'm hoping they're both neuro.

They might be both neuro if we take into account that the neuro admissions committee met this Monday. Please let it be neuro...

At the moment, I am waiting for UNC, Vanderbilt, UVA, and Emory (Immunology/ Biomedical/ umbrella program). I know that some folks already got their interview invitations (I also got 3, one of which is a top choice), but I can't help refreshing my email and the grad-cafe. It's a ridiculous way to procrastinate.

I know UVA's neuro program sent out interview invites in mid December. I don't know if this was the first wave or not, or if that is even the program you're applying to. Just thought I'd share my info. Good luck!

Hey sqxz, what were the interview dates at UT Southwestern for their Molecular Biophysics program? Congrats on the invite by the way =)

One is this week, 1/9-1/11, and the other is 2/20-2/22. Thanks!

So I called Einstein, and they said that interview invites would be sent very soon.

So maybe this week?

In the world of academia, soon could be as early as this week till 2 weeks from now ;) ... Waiting on Einstein here as well.!

In the world of academia, soon could be as early as this week till 2 weeks from now ;) ... Waiting on Einstein here as well.!

2weeks?  Gah!  Good luck though!

Which track did you apply to? I am waiting for the Chemical Biology Track. Those are the three states I am still waiting to hear from, the east coast schools I applied to have all responded. Good luck to you as well!

I applied for Biophysics, so maybe Chemical Biology is just taking their sweet time