Canadian 2014 SLP

Ah! On the waitlist for Dal! Anyone know how long this is/what the movement looks like?

Congrats to all those on the Ontario/Mcgill acceptances lately! Enjoy the rewards of your hard work! This is my second year applying, so I'm okay with at least a waitlist.

Ah! On the waitlist for Dal! Anyone know how long this is/what the movement looks like?

Congrats to all those on the Ontario/Mcgill acceptances lately! Enjoy the rewards of your hard work! This is my second year applying, so I'm okay with at least a waitlist.

How were you contacted about the waitlist? 

I just found out I'm on the waiting list at Dal. They contacted me by email! Does anyone know how many people are placed on the waiting list? 

Also waitlisted at Dal via email. My second year applying too.. sigh.

Their email address is listed in the contact info.. I wonder can we just reply in an email or do we have to print off and sign the letter? 

Also waitlisted at Dal via email. My second year applying too.. sigh.

Their email address is listed in the contact info.. I wonder can we just reply in an email or do we have to print off and sign the letter? 

I was wondering the same thing! It looks like they want us to print it off though I think. 

I was wondering the same thing! It looks like they want us to print it off though I think. 

Yeah I agree, otherwise why would they even bother attaching that information. I think I'll sign it, scan and email it.. 

to all those wondering if you have to sign the form for dal you do! when I accepted my offer I just emailed saying that I would accept and she said once they received the letter she would change my status in their system.

Did Anyone also apply to U of T for Occupational Therapy?  I did and I haven't heard a thing yet.  I would have thought I would get a rejection letter in the mail by now, sis I already got the Acceptance package for SLP

Thanks

I also got waitlisted for Dal, but I can say for sure my spot will be freed up, as it's my last choice! 

Does anyone else think Dalhousie seriously needs to update their application process?

Did Anyone also apply to U of T for Occupational Therapy?  I did and I haven't heard a thing yet.  I would have thought I would get a rejection letter in the mail by now, sis I already got the Acceptance package for SLP

Thanks

I remember reading on ORPAS that OT/PT have a later date for sending out replies, some time in May I believe. Don't give up just yet!  :)

I also got waitlisted for Dal, but I can say for sure my spot will be freed up, as it's my last choice! 

Does anyone else think Dalhousie seriously needs to update their application process?

I remember reading on ORPAS that OT/PT have a later date for sending out replies, some time in May I believe. Don't give up just yet!  :)

I am going to reject my waitlist position as I already got into my first choice. So hopefully that will give another person a chance to get waitlisted as well!

I am going to reject my waitlist position as I already got into my first choice. So hopefully that will give another person a chance to get waitlisted as well!

I'm considering doing it really old school and faxing it hahaha. I've never actually faxed anything before!

Yes and no. I really liked that Dal allowed references to be submitted electronically, and their process (I found) much more comprehensive than the ORPAS one. I felt like I was actually able to present myself as a human in their app - I liked the essay prompt, being able to submit a CV, etc. With ORPAS it was mostly grades such a super brief statement and tiny descriptions of experiences. It was annoying to have to print out the documents and mail them for Dal though (I hate filling in PDFs...) so hopefully they update that soon!

Yes and no. I really liked that Dal allowed references to be submitted electronically, and their process (I found) much more comprehensive than the ORPAS one. I felt like I was actually able to present myself as a human in their app - I liked the essay prompt, being able to submit a CV, etc. With ORPAS it was mostly grades such a super brief statement and tiny descriptions of experiences. It was annoying to have to print out the documents and mail them for Dal though (I hate filling in PDFs...) so hopefully they update that soon!

Ahh yes, that's what I meant, maybe I wasn't clear. I think being able to submit a portion of the application online, yet having to submit the rest by mail seemed strange. But yes, I totally agree with you, they seem to want to get to know you better as a person.

CDAtoSLP: I did apply for OT at UofT and earliest date for offer of admissions is May 16th. Speaking of which, I got invited to the interview at Mac for OT, so that'll be something different! :)

hello everyone :) I've been accepted to U of T and Western but my Western spot should be freed up soon. I'm wondering if any of those at U of T have received their acceptance package in the mail yet?

hello everyone :) I've been accepted to U of T and Western but my Western spot should be freed up soon. I'm wondering if any of those at U of T have received their acceptance package in the mail yet?

Mine was in the mail today! There's a whole list of things we need to mail/scan/fax/who knows what other method I could try using... send by pigeon?

We could very well be classmates!!!

Mine was in the mail today! There's a whole list of things we need to mail/scan/fax/who knows what other method I could try using... send by pigeon?

We could very well be classmates!!!

I'm so excited :) are you going to the open house on Monday? I'm still waiting for mine and I heard it was lengthy so I'm hoping I get it soon!!

I'm so excited :) are you going to the open house on Monday? I'm still waiting for mine and I heard it was lengthy so I'm hoping I get it soon!!

Just got checked my mailbox and it came today! :)