International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Sorry to hear about the confusion for you all. I'm still 'Under Consideration' so I still have hope!

Did you apply to the scholarship?

To be honest, I am afraid that they will still send out some rejections next week. It is what implied in Paula´s message about needing extra time to process applications. 

I am totally disappointed by their very unprofessional administration. 

Yikes, I woke up this morning to see all this email mess - I guess one pro of living in North America is it was all "fixed" by the time I got up so I never got my hopes up (I saw the corrected, refused email first).

Soo a rejection from IHEID for me! I was actually surprised since I always thought LSE would be much tougher to get in than IHEID (just based on IHEID's acceptance rate of ~30% vs. LSE's ~13% for my program although their acceptance rate would be much higher than their intake rate) but it seems like IHEID has been extremely selective this year.

Best of luck to everyone, I can't believe they messed up the emails in such a major way..but for those of you who haven't heard back yet I think this is a great sign!!

Did you apply to the scholarship?

To be honest, I am afraid that they will still send out some rejections next week. It is what implied in Paula´s message about needing extra time to process applications. 

I am totally disappointed by their very unprofessional administration. 

Nope, I did not. I applied to the Master in International Economics so it might be possible that they do those later on or something.

Hey guys, do you think there is any chance of hearing back today? My status is still 'under consideration' and I really don`t want to wait another week... Obviously with dissertation deadline approaching, I have an urge  to sort out my life rather than go over the 10'000 words of crab that my brain created. Anyway, I have a rather indelicate question, did any of the rejected candidates applied for the first round, or was it all second-round candidates? Please excuse my frankness :)

Hey guys, do you think there is any chance of hearing back today? My status is still 'under consideration' and I really don`t want to wait another week... Obviously with dissertation deadline approaching, I have an urge  to sort out my life rather than go over the 10'000 words of crab that my brain created. Anyway, I have a rather indelicate question, did any of the rejected candidates applied for the first round, or was it all second-round candidates? Please excuse my frankness :)

i was a first round applicant

Mine is the same. Under Consideration.

Did you apply to their scholarship? 

Seriously cannot believe this whole mix up happened to you guys. I am so sorry. I hope if nothing else this made the decision process easier for some of you.

Seriously cannot believe this whole mix up happened to you guys. I am so sorry. I hope if nothing else this made the decision process easier for some of you.

I didn't realize how many of us were in the same boat until I read back through the many pages I missed overnight (er...overnight for me lol). I still can't believe it. Now my mind is just going crazy.

Yes, I did apply for the scholarship. I am not sure, however, if that has much to do with the delay. MA Development Studies applications seem to be processed slower than others. I am kind of dying to know, if 'under consideration' is after all a good sign, or if it just means that they are yet to start sending rejections... Any thoughts?

Yes, I did apply for the scholarship. I am not sure, however, if that has much to do with the delay. MA Development Studies applications seem to be processed slower than others. I am kind of dying to know, if 'under consideration' is after all a good sign, or if it just means that they are yet to start sending rejections... Any thoughts?

Paola did say that they needed more time to process scholarship applications. 

Some MDev applicants received rejection today, it i am not mistaken. 

So I think for us, the Still Under COnsideration Group, we will possiby receive three different responses : admitted with Scholarship, admitted or waitlisted. 

It is logical to send all rejections at the same time. However, given how bad their management is, I do not rule out the possibility that they will send out more rejections. 

Paola posted on their facebook page that they're literally going through every application one by one, and sending them their decision regardless of whether it's an acceptance or rejection.

Paola posted on their facebook page that they're literally going through every application one by one, and sending them their decision regardless of whether it's an acceptance or rejection.

I doubt if it is really true. If they are really processing applications one by one, how could today´s mass rejection be explained?

I doubt if it is really true. If they are really processing applications one by one, how could today´s mass rejection be explained?

Ah true, that definitely makes sense. Seems like they're doing emails in batches then? I believe there are definitely still acceptances to be given out.

My mind doesn't want to work for me. Waking up to this whole this is just killing me. Johns Hopkins SAIS will be sending out admissions today too (likely in 6-8 hours, early evening EST) which just has me shaking in my boots. You all have such amazing profiles, work experience, language skills. I'm starting to think I was a fool to apply right out of undergrad - or more so for letting my undergraduate thesis advisor persuade me to. I have no doubt that most of you will hear back soon.

Ah true, that definitely makes sense. Seems like they're doing emails in batches then? I believe there are definitely still acceptances to be given out.

My mind doesn't want to work for me. Waking up to this whole this is just killing me. Johns Hopkins SAIS will be sending out admissions today too (likely in 6-8 hours, early evening EST) which just has me shaking in my boots. You all have such amazing profiles, work experience, language skills. I'm starting to think I was a fool to apply right out of undergrad - or more so for letting my undergraduate thesis advisor persuade me to. I have no doubt that most of you will hear back soon.

Hang in there CarefreeWritingsontheWall, and all the best with your remaining applications! :)

More confusing news from IHEID. I wrote them an email and it is the answer. 

Thank you for your inquiry and kind message. I am not directly involved in the admission process so the information I can provide is limited. Looking you up in the system your status is "under evaluation" which means you will still have to be patient a little longer. Decisions should be out any time now and certainly so in the very next few days. Scholarship decision is handled separately so I do not think this should have an impact. Hope this helps. Sorry about stretching your patience so much.

More confusing news from IHEID. I wrote them an email and it is the answer. 

Thank you for your inquiry and kind message. I am not directly involved in the admission process so the information I can provide is limited. Looking you up in the system your status is "under evaluation" which means you will still have to be patient a little longer. Decisions should be out any time now and certainly so in the very next few days. Scholarship decision is handled separately so I do not think this should have an impact. Hope this helps. Sorry about stretching your patience so much.

Um. Hahahaha. That's a little funny. 

@CarefreeWritingsontheWall, don`t get discouraged. You will most likely get admitted to at least one of your choices. Even if you don`t, it is not the end of the world. After being postponed once, I decided that the likelihood of me getting rejected is fairly high. Since I only applied to IHEID, that means taking an year out. I know it is kind of scary but also exciting :)  It is a chance to travel, gain some work experience, do the Spanish course you always wanted but never found the time to do and so on. What was it...when God (fate, the great blue, or whatever it is you believe in :)) closes a door, he opens a window :)))