What are your 4 dream jobs? Are you qualified for any of them?

Authorization

I am a journalist, editor and social media person (I enjoy the first two, the third not so much).

I plan to enter grad school in sociology so I can become a sociologist slash researcher. Might even go down the academia route, who knows.

My other ambitions are 1) book author 2) an English teacher who travels all around the world teaching  young adults

I am also interested in becoming a political scientist or a development expert.

In no particular order...

1) Tenured history professor

2) Medieval curator at the British Museum 

3) Owner of a used bookstore 

4) Study abroad program director

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My attainable dream job would be a high-ranking clinical social worker with the Air Force. My ultimate dream job would be a forensic psychologist but that's would be better suited for "ideal" me that could handle all life throws at her, not the "real" me that would probs have an emotional breakdown a few months in (because the justice system is too much yo) ?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Rehabilitation Counseling researcher and professor.

2. Writer for mental health resources/publications.

3. Running a rehabilitation center for special needs animals (big cats would be ideal.)

4. OBGYN specializing in REI and surgical interventions (if I was able-bodied I'd jump on that.)

On 5/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, BananaSlug4MSW said:

My attainable dream job would be a high-ranking clinical social worker with the Air Force. My ultimate dream job would be a forensic psychologist but that's would be better suited for "ideal" me that could handle all life throws at her, not the "real" me that would probs have an emotional breakdown a few months in (because the justice system is too much yo) ?

I 100% feel you on that! I would like to think I am resilient, but faaar too empathic and I cry during arguments. My career as a lawyer would be over in an hour. lol

• 1 month later...

1: CEO/President of a Non-profit (one I believe in or my own) - Would need more administrator and coordinating experience. Even policy, finance, or law experience. Maybe an MBA. More leadership roles, manager and supervisor positions.

2:  Animator or Comic Book Artist - Always been a pipe dream. I'd have to switch careers or do it on the side as a hobby and take art classes more or less for fun.

3:  Homesteader - Need to save money, own land, and keep learning either on the job or through reading/classes/volunteer.

4:  Author - Need more patience and to budget time, but could start now. More writing classes wouldn't hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

The (big) dream(s):

• Writer who can support himself off his own writing
  • Activist priest
  • Tenured professor of religion and/or English
  • Chaplain who offers counseling to LGBTQ+ people who still identify as religious who have religious-based trauma but who are not ready/do not want to be affiliated again

I dunno if I'm ready for any of these yet. Not ordained, haven't done CPE and haven't decided on a PhD just because my two master's programs were so draining and unforgiving, as was teaching in higher ed, that I dunno if I have the constitution for a life in academe. But I think this exercise is probably really helpful for all of us. Maybe we learned something about ourselves and maybe some frontrunners emerged in our minds when we sized up our lists. :)