2014 Applications... waiting room.

BuddingScholar

So I keep seeing people posting about how they weren't actually informed that they were on the waitlist for such and such school, and only found out after directly inquiring.  Does anyone know which schools are potentially doing that?? 

One month left of obsessively checking my email every 5 minutes...

just in case anyone is waiting on cornell - my friend who applied was told that they were just finishing up decisions and that she should expect to hear by Monday. 

I'm waiting on Virginia and Bryn Mawr...

I think we mentioned earlier as well that Rutgers does weird spurts of acceptances? Even looking at last year they were announcing pretty late in the game. 

I'm waiting on Virginia and Bryn Mawr...

I emailed the DGS at UVA like 2.5 weeks ago- he told me they would be in touch with a round of notifications soon. Idk what soon is anymore though lol. ... Didn't sound promising though :/

I emailed the DGS at UVA like 2.5 weeks ago- he told me they would be in touch with a round of notifications soon. Idk what soon is anymore though lol. ... Didn't sound promising though :/

Yea really what does soon mean? They've only had the applications since early December!

I'm not really expecting to get in but I haven't seen much posted about them except a couple interviews a while back. I have other offers I just want to hear from everyone so I can make my decision. The waiting at this point is getting so annoying. I don't even care if I get rejected from the last of my schools I just want to know!

I did the same thing on Wednesday, and got almost the exact same response. "Soon" is such a convenient word for these guys. Good luck to everyone sitting out the wait!

Definitely still waiting on Rutgers...does anyone have any updates from them?

Nope. I mean I was tempted at the last minute to not apply (issues with recommendation letters through their app system, I got suuuper frustrated) but I've heard zilch. Not a no, or a yes, or a WL. I suspect they'll (rightfully) reject me for an imperfect fit. I could maybe work in their program, but maybe not. 

I hate to sound ungrateful but I still haven't heard back from three of the schools I applied to (two being Williams and Rutgers). Don't get me wrong, I got accepted to a place I'm going to enroll in but what's up with the weird and utter stasis on my apps?? I got one rejection, then a weekend of acceptances and then nothing. At least one of them I'm like 90% sure I was rejected at, so just send me an email already. Grr. 

Also I got a PDF email of my official offer at my program so now I'm just waiting impatiently on the postal version. bleh. 

Edited by m-ttl

Has anyone heard anything from Williams or BU? These are the only 2 I'm waiting to hear back on...

I haven't heard back from those either which seems odd...it looks like a lot of people are hearing (both rejections and acceptances)

And for those wondering about UVA, when I interviewed with them they said likely mid march so probably next week I think....

Anyone here applied to the MA program at the IFA?

Yes. They sent out acceptances on Thursday (some at least). Congrats if you got in! I got in, but will be turning it down for a PhD, so if anyone was wait-listed, there will be a spot soon!

Also I got a PDF email of my official offer at my program so now I'm just waiting impatiently on the postal version. bleh. 

Just FYI, unless they explicitly said they would send a hard copy, the official offer .pdf is probably all you'll get. 

Yes. They sent out acceptances on Thursday (some at least). Congrats if you got in! I got in, but will be turning it down for a PhD, so if anyone was wait-listed, there will be a spot soon!

Just FYI, unless they explicitly said they would send a hard copy, the official offer .pdf is probably all you'll get. 

They explicitly said in the PDF there was a hard copy being sent to [My Address here], and I emailed back the DGS to say I was accepting and what should my next step be? (Answer? Mail back the hard copy, signed.) 

They explicitly said in the PDF there was a hard copy being sent to [My Address here], and I emailed back the DGS to say I was accepting and what should my next step be? (Answer? Mail back the hard copy, signed.) 

In that case, wait on! I only mentioned it because I've heard of people waiting for a hard copy and when none came, starting to worry if the digital copy was a fluke or something, lol.

I'm an undergrad right now. I applied for IFA phd program and they've already given notification to those rejected by PHD but admitted to MA.I didn't hear from them yet, no interview, nothing...With a lot of great MAs there I guess I'm not that competitive for phd yet, so I was hoping for MA from the start, but now it seems like already a rejection. Somehow I'm weirdly hoping for something with the "no news is good news" attitude. Really messed up.

Yes, I did get in! Thanks! I was hoping to meet some folks who are accepting the offer. 

Yes, I did get in! Thanks! I was hoping to meet some folks who are accepting the offer. 

Thank God I find someone who is also just admitted to the program.

I am having a major problem with the NetID thing.

I just can't activate my NetID through start.nyu.edu, does it happen to you as well???

Thank you very much!

Also, is there anyone else in the same situation???

I have kept emailing with Betty, but obviously she does not get the situation as well......

I just want to ask whether the NetID they provide you can be activated through start.nyu.edu... My question is just same as my previous post.

It seems that acceptance is not a must to activate that ID since my friend (in Economics) can activate her account even though she has not accepted the offer...

So I am wondering does it just happen to me? Or does it happen to everyone admitted to the IFA program...

Thanks for your help!