2014 Applications... waiting room.

BuddingScholar

Anyone out there still waiting to hear from Rice?  There is one acceptance up on the board, but I haven't heard anything.  Just curious to know if there are others who have not heard.

Can anyone here give me Courtauld MA Art History news? Not for me but for my roomie who is going totally insane from the waiting. This is your chance to do my whole household a massive favour and let us know something, anything!

Can anyone here give me Courtauld MA Art History news? Not for me but for my roomie who is going totally insane from the waiting. This is your chance to do my whole household a massive favour and let us know something, anything!

there's three acceptances already listed on the first page of the results board for art history. they should hear soon. 

Hey I was accepted yesterday. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

I'm American and got into the University of Toronto MA program, is that what you are referring to? 

Nah, it's the PhD specifically. According to my POI there Toronto only takes one international PhD a year so I'm wondering who I lost out to, just for my own edification. Congrats on the MA program!

Nah, it's the PhD specifically. According to my POI there Toronto only takes one international PhD a year so I'm wondering who I lost out to, just for my own edification. Congrats on the MA program!

Huh, this is interesting to know. I also applied to their PhD and have heard nothing either way. From the results page it seems they can be bad about getting their rejections out in a timely fashion. How do you know the result posted was an American though?*

*Oh, j/k I see that little A now! I never really thought about what that stood for (durduhdur).

Edited by RomulusAugustulus

Anyone knows about the Canadian schools?

There is not much information on them...

Do they have 1st round and wait list stuff also?

Or there is only one chance?

Edited by camille85

Anyone knows about the Canadian schools?

There is not much information on them...

Do they have 1st round and wait list stuff also?

Or there is only one chance?

They definitely have first round and waitlists.

I think that most Canadian schools, with the exception of McGill, have sent out their first round of offers at this point. So far there are results from UBC, UofT, and Queen's on gradcafe. I furthermore heard from a buddy that Carleton and York have sent out acceptances. 

They definitely have first round and waitlists.

I think that most Canadian schools, with the exception of McGill, have sent out their first round of offers at this point. So far there are results from UBC, UofT, and Queen's on gradcafe. I furthermore heard from a buddy that Carleton and York have sent out acceptances. 

Thank you!

But I applied for McGill.. haha.

Do you think that McGill did not send out their first round yet? I saw one result post for McGill on the grad cafe a week ago... I hope it is a fake one though...

Edited by camille85

Thank you!

But I applied for McGill.. haha.

Do you think that McGill did not send out their first round yet? I saw one result post for McGill on the grad cafe a week ago... I hope it is a fake one though...

For what it's worth, a classmate of mine told me that McGill's decisions come out in early March.

Huh, this is interesting to know. I also applied to their PhD and have heard nothing either way. From the results page it seems they can be bad about getting their rejections out in a timely fashion. How do you know the result posted was an American though?*

*Oh, j/k I see that little A now! I never really thought about what that stood for (durduhdur).

I was in really close contact with my POI there last year and this year and bless her heart she was very open about the fact that they only take one international student a year for the phd because of funding. I also got my rejection last year on May 29 so Lorde only knows when we'll here this year.

I was in really close contact with my POI there last year and this year and bless her heart she was very open about the fact that they only take one international student a year for the phd because of funding. I also got my rejection last year on May 29 so Lorde only knows when we'll here this year.

Oh man, well I wasn't expecting much at this point. 

Anyone out there still waiting to hear from Rice?  There is one acceptance up on the board, but I haven't heard anything.  Just curious to know if there are others who have not heard.

I'm the one who got admitted to Rice and posted it to the results board. Since the recruitment weekend is March 14th-16th (and they stressed booking flights before February 28th), I would think everyone directly admitted would've been contacted by now. :-/

I could be wrong, though! I'm hoping way more people got in/will get in. Otherwise recruitment weekend might be a bit awkward.

Good luck, everyone! Solidarity!

Who got accepted to Washington in St. Louis? What field?

Sorry for the late reply! I just found this board!

I got accepted to WUSTL to work with William Wallace in early modern art, specifically Italian art from 1450-1750. Prof. Wallace had called me in mid January to chat, like an informal interview. He said he was going "up to bat" for me when the admissions committee made their decisions. Professor Wallace is a good friend of my favorite undergrad professor, so her LOR certainly helped my application. Then, after two weeks of obsessively checking my email and phone , the DGS emailed me with an acceptance offer. I nearly puked from relief.

Recruitment days are March 19th-21st.

Still have to tour a couple schools, but I'm 90% surei'll be at WUSTL in the fall!

Does anyone know anything about University of Delaware's MA funding situation?

All MA students earn tuition remissions. From what I understand, I think that the department tries its hardest to provide all MA students with a stipend each year (between $16-21K, depending on a few variables), but they may not be able to guarantee that part of the funding more than one semester in advance. More clarifications or questions about UD? Feel free to ask or PM!