Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

Thank you for letting me know that, hopeful!! I'm sorry if it seemed like I was grilling you with questions!! You must feel so great now!! I'm so happy!!

Congratulations, Walter!! Here, *offers some more cookies* have a cookie!! Or 2, or 10...

Do you guys know anything about the U of Penn acceptances that were on the results page? 

I wish more of these schools would just send their rejections if they're sending out acceptances to other people!  I wanna know!  Ya feel me?

I can claim one of the Penn acceptances, about which I'm very excited, but I don't understand why anyone at Penn would say that decisions haven't been made (in reference to a recent post on the results page), knowing that forums like this exist. Seems deliberately deceptive.

I can claim one of the Penn acceptances, about which I'm very excited, but I don't understand why anyone at Penn would say that decisions haven't been made (in reference to a recent post on the results page), knowing that forums like this exist. Seems deliberately deceptive.

Looking at previous years, it seems that Penn acceptances have sometimes gone out in waves. Maybe the person the caller spoke to meant that there were still more decisions to be made? I have no idea though, just speculating here.

Either way, congrats pinwheel!

Congratulations, pinwheel!! *more confetti and gets cookies to give to you*  Celebrate!!!!

Hopeful, thank you so much for keeping me in the loop!! It is greatly appreciated!!

My thesis advisor told me that I should send an email reply to the program I got accepted at with a TA offer/stipend and let them know that I'm still waiting to hear from other programs.  Then the DGS of that school told me to let them know my decision as soon as I can.  So then I sent an email telling them that I would, indeed, get back to them as soon as possible, and I asked if there is an official deadline for decisions so that I can ensure my decision reaches them in a timely manner.

I wanted to phrase the email in a way that said "Is my 'soon as possible' soon enough for your 'soon as possible?'"  instead of "I'm going to take my sweet time getting back to you!!"

Ah I thought I might have a shot at Yale, but I guess it wasn't a good fit (I'm assuming that the fact that others have heard from Yale and I haven't means I've been unofficially rejected). I've been doing Crim research on a topic nobody in their department is interested in. I mean, I KNEW it wasn't a good fit, but I was hoping they would ignore that pesky fact lol.