Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

That's really awesome Zhicao, I'm 0-3 on apps (including Berkeley and Madison like you, though already haven't gotten into Irvine) so far and have 5 pending decisions I'm waiting on and Hopkins is tops of my list. I don't wanna pour cold water on what's supposed to be a happy thread, but the wait is torture and rejections aren't much better, since that's the end of hope, at least for this year. Ugh. Good luck all.

I just found out from my POI, unofficially, at Binghamton University that I will be accepted and an offer is forthcoming. :)  Huge relief, as this is the first news I've gotten from any of my applications.

CONGRATS!!! :D Any info on when they are sending out official news? 

Edited by SocGirl2013

CONGRATS!!! :D Any info on when they are sending out official news? 

Thanks!  No word on the official timeline yet, but I'm sure it will be very soon.  I have a pretty nice relationship with my POI, so I was lucky to get a same day call.  They literally met today.  :)  

That's really awesome Zhicao, I'm 0-3 on apps (including Berkeley and Madison like you, though already haven't gotten into Irvine) so far and have 5 pending decisions I'm waiting on and Hopkins is tops of my list. I don't wanna pour cold water on what's supposed to be a happy thread, but the wait is torture and rejections aren't much better, since that's the end of hope, at least for this year. Ugh. Good luck all.

Did Irvine send you a rejection?

Claiming a McGill rejection. 0 out for 4. Looks like I won't be going to grad anytime soon. :(

Pinoy, I'm so sorry =( Did you apply to 4 total, then?  Or are you still waiting?  I only ask because some people say "I'm 0 for 3," but they just mean the 3 they've heard from so far.

Did Irvine send you a rejection?

Maleficient, not officially but I corresponded with  the grad director and the implication is one will be coming when  they send decisions. I'm an  anomalous case, not in a good way, w/all my apps, will be pleasantly shocked if I get in anywhere.

Pinoy, I'm so sorry =( Did you apply to 4 total, then?  Or are you still waiting?  I only ask because some people say "I'm 0 for 3," but they just mean the 3 they've heard from so far.

gingin, i applied to a total of 7 programs. i got 4 rejections so far. it'll be 5 once UToronto sends it cause I applied to the wrong program. Then I'm under the assumption that Cornell's DevSoc program is really a LONG SHOT since UMD was my safety. Sam Houston's online Soc program is a might. Thanks though! I just want closure with all these schools because I want to move on with my life. If passion were a criteria, I have a good chance. But it isn't T_T So it's a big MAYBE for Fall 2015. Not so sure what's going to happen in the next few months...

I sure understand your feeling. This is my second application for PhD program already and I just wanna say good luck and keep holding on everyone!