Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

Thank you so much, Maleficent and Cylon6!

Aww Justine, that does sound complicated!!  I live about 5 minutes from downtown Harrisburg, PA, which has an Amtrak station, so I'm just going to Philly then Wilmington, so mine was pretty simple. Dr. Kupchik asked if I was within driving distance, and I had to sheepishly tell him I didn't drive, but he was so kind and said the train was definitely an option!!  I'm so happy!!!

Congrats! I got the same call today! I guess I will be seeing you again soon! It sounded to me that it was an unofficial acceptance. I asked the DGS to explain the process further and he told me that it is not like a reality TV show, it's not competitive, this meeting is only to introduce us to the department and to make sure we are still interested in studying what our application indicated. March 2-4th right?

Sorry, I still can't over the reality TV analogy!! Imagine if it really WERE like that!! I can imagine the narrator:

"Previously on ExtremeSoc, tensions rose to epic levels when the grad applicants waded through a mud obstacle course for a chance to meet and talk to their POI on the other side.  But after a devastating loss in the SOP 'write for your life' challenge, Bob was eliminated."  

I would totally watch that show!  

Either way, I'm so relieved it won't be like that during the recruitment weekend haha

Congrats gingin, I have a feeling your heading for a perfect application season! ^_^

I'm not sure whether it's actually moving slow or I/we just applied to the "wrong" universities. :lol:

Then again, I'm only waiting for two more decisions and I have a pretty good idea what one of them is going to be. B)

Heard Columbia has notified all their admits. Not sure if true since there's only one admit on the results search. If so, maybe they're just going for a small class.

Thx for pointing that out riverscuomo! That one acceptance totally slipped under my radar. We'll see in time whether your information is right I guess.

Congrats gingin, 2 acceptances in 1 day, you must be over the moon! :D

Guys why are things moving so slow? I wanna hear back from more schools already ugh.

Thank you so much! I truly am over the moon.  I wait for the pang of anxiety over grad school to kick in, only now I can tell myself that I have a place to go! 

Maybe the same type of thing will happen to you! I certainly wasn't expecting to hear from schools with a January 15 and February 1 deadline so soon!  I'm still waiting on the one with a January 4th deadline.  It's officially gone in the opposite order of deadlines: Heard from Delaware, Lehigh, and Maryland will be last whenever they notify me one way or the other!

@NoTransitory:  Thank you so much!! It will truly be an honor if this is a perfect app season!! =)

I hope all of us hear from more schools soon enough!

Thank you! I haven't saw anymore so they may be doing them in waves. I'm confident that you will be getting yours soon gingin!

Thank you so much, Hopeful! That means a lot to me!  =)  Maybe they are doing them in waves; I sure hope so!! 

Pinoysoc, it looks like Hopeful received the notice via email judging from the Results page =)

Edited by gingin6789

Anyone claiming U Mass Amherst?

Hey - I'm one of the UMass people on the board. My POI emailed yesterday in the afternoon, and then the DGS emailed last night (around 8:30 CST). She said an official offer from the Graduate Dean was forthcoming. I only saw two admits on the board, though, so perhaps there are more coming!