Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

That's HUGE! Congratulations!  

Congrats! That's great! 

Thanks!! This is a huge surprise... like snow on a christmas day...in Egypt... or on the moon! You know, I was already ready to apply again the next year since I kept getting rejections.

For those of you who feel hopeless because of rejections: don't feel that way! These rejections/admissions are not measures of your worth, nor they are the only things relevant to your purpose and pleasure in life. Please keep that in mind. 

For the school's I'm applying to, I expect to hear rejections from Chicago soon (hey at least then I'd know), and maybe some more stuff from Boston University (but probably not acceptances... I'll cross my fingers for waitlist?). I'm so impatient this weekend though. I think Albany probably won't do anything until the end of February (which is soon but not soon enough) and USF MA was due Saturday so that's going to be foreveeeer (March 15 I guess).

I haven't been off for President's Day at all in college ... I would check the websites of the places where you applied to see if they are open tomorrow!  Some schools might be closed, but none that I know of!

I haven't been off for President's Day at all in college ... I would check the websites of the places where you applied to see if they are open tomorrow! Some schools might be closed, but none that I know of!

I'm off tomorrow, so I figured some might be!

I'm off tomorrow, so I figured some might be!

oh wow, I see!! Hey, I'm glad you have the day off =)  Maybe you'll have the day off, but the schools you're applying to will still be open and you could hear back from them!! oh, wouldn't that be perfect??

Chicago U is open Monday, but actually wasn't open Friday, which might be why they haven't gotten rejections out yet (at least going by when they sent them last year and when they sent acceptances this year).

Boston U is closed Monday. But I already don't expect much since they sent an acceptance already. They might send waitlists this week though!

Yes, Meowth, University of Maryland was also in the "closed Friday/open Monday" boat!  They sent out acceptances/rejections earlier than this time last year.

If Boston U only sent out one acceptance, surely there's room for more??  I hope so!!

University of Delaware director of graduate studies called me ... they haven't made any final concrete decision but he said "I can't tell you enough how impressed we are with your application."  So they're having me out there, all expenses paid, for a weekend (along with a handful of other applicants) to meet people and discuss life at UDel, etc ... so an unofficial acceptance?!

EITHER WAY I AM FREAKING OUT WITH HAPPINESS!!!!  Please excuse the caps lock!! Stats are in my signature!!

University of Delaware director of graduate studies called me ... they haven't made any final concrete decision but he said "I can't tell you enough how impressed we are with your application."  So they're having me out there, all expenses paid, for a weekend (along with a handful of other applicants) to meet people and discuss life at UDel, etc ... so an unofficial acceptance?!

EITHER WAY I AM FREAKING OUT WITH HAPPINESS!!!!  Please excuse the caps lock!! Stats are in my signature!!

Congrats I applied to UDel because I was fascinated by Tammy Anderson's work. They have a very diverse research line there.

CONGRATS!! :D Very excited for you.

Congrats! I got the same call today! I guess I will be seeing you again soon! It sounded to me that it was an unofficial acceptance. I asked the DGS to explain the process further and he told me that it is not like a reality TV show, it's not competitive, this meeting is only to introduce us to the department and to make sure we are still interested in studying what our application indicated. March 2-4th right?

Congrats! I got the same call today! I guess I will be seeing you again soon! It sounded to me that it was an unofficial acceptance. I asked the DGS to explain the process further and he told me that it is not like a reality TV show, it's not competitive, this meeting is only to introduce us to the department and to make sure we are still interested in studying what our application indicated. March 2-4th right?

OH that is so amazing!!! Congratulations!!!  Oh I'm so glad you inquired further because I was just in too much shock to process what he was saying!!  Yes, it's March 2-4! They already sent me my train ticket!!

Edited by gingin6789