Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

I am expecting a torrent of results on friday (last friday was a bomb as well) 

This made me make some unintelligible noise of excitement.  I really want to hear from places!!  I'll be in Nashville at a conference though, so I won't be checking back here as often as I usually do that day!

Anyone have details on University of South Florida acceptances? I wanted to apply to their PhD program, but it said they required a master's, so I applied to their MA instead (which I turned in early around Jan 15, but isn't due until Feb 15, so I feel like I'll be waiting awhile). Do you have a master's? Did their e-mail sound nice? Decent funding?

Anyone have details on University of South Florida acceptances? I wanted to apply to their PhD program, but it said they required a master's, so I applied to their MA instead (which I turned in early around Jan 15, but isn't due until Feb 15, so I feel like I'll be waiting awhile). Do you have a master's? Did their e-mail sound nice? Decent funding?

Meowth I keep trying to quote you and write but it's not letting me do it on my phone. Anyway I haven't heard from them yet, but I know they are still considering people. I have been in contact with the department and was told that they are still considering me and will have a decision with in the next week. I have an MA and applied to the PhD.

Who got into CUNY? Congrats to you guys!  :) Any info you'd like to share?

I was TRYING to calm down about not hearing anything from anywhere, but based on last year's results, all acceptances went out on the same day? Can't help but feel so heartbroken. I didn't even realize/ accept it fully until now but CUNY certainly was my top choice. Goodbye Dr. Gould. :(

Hi, 

I want to ask you for a decision. I applied Northeastern sociology. And many people wrote their acceptance. However, I have neither a rejection status in website

or a rejection mail. Should I call the department? :(

Is there a case for that getting an acceptance mail is after than the acceptance of some candidates? There are some accepted people in this department. 

I have nearly zero hope for that. But I wonder. 

Edited by Chapuller

Hi,

I want to ask you for a decision. I applied Northeastern sociology. And many people wrote their acceptance. However, I have neither a rejection status in website

or a rejection mail. Should I call the department? :(

I got my first acceptance nearly a week after everyone posted on here they had been admitted. You still have hope! Good luck!

Not that anyone cares but I'm unable to edit my previous post where I mistyped my stats. I had 165 not 155 on verbal. Just in case anyone was scratching their heads. Sorry about that. I know people come here to get accurate info.  

Hi all, I'm a THRILLED accept from Berkeley, SUPER excited :) I found out last Friday. Just waiting on Stanford now. I see that a couple people have gotten offers from there ... anyone know if all the offers are out? Or might a few more trickle in? Thanks! And good luck :)

Congrads!! Have good academic years... Can you share your scores? and academic interest area, if possible... 

I've been trying to calm my nerves by avoiding this site as much as possible....but I'm expecting a few decisions today.

And is anyone else expecting some of the "big" rejections to come out any time soon? (UCLA, UCB, Stanford)

Not that I want that to happen, of course. ;-) Just hoping for some news either way (aka...if you don't get a rejection, you can guess/assume that you are on the waitlist)

I've been trying to calm my nerves by avoiding this site as much as possible....but I'm expecting a few decisions today.

And is anyone else expecting some of the "big" rejections to come out any time soon? (UCLA, UCB, Stanford)

Not that I want that to happen, of course. ;-) Just hoping for some news either way (aka...if you don't get a rejection, you can guess/assume that you are on the waitlist)

last year columbia and northwestern admissions were announced on the 7th and 8th. highly likely that at least one of them will be out today. fingers crossed!

Just got my first rejection from Boulder. Would have preferred my first admissions decision be a positive one, but I feel surprisingly fine. School was the least strong fit for my interests and I had a feeling this one was coming. Still a weird feeling to be rejected...but I feel okay.