Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

Thanks! ^_^  I think a celebratory pulled pork sandwich may be in order for dinner.

Have you decided/found out where you think you'll be going yet?

Somehow that's much healthier than the way I have celebrated my acceptances. 

I'm still waiting on a few schools.  Yale, Duke, Vandy, and Notre Dame - though I'm super stoked about the offer I have at Arizona! 

Somehow that's much healthier than the way I have celebrated my acceptances. 

I'm still waiting on a few schools.  Yale, Duke, Vandy, and Notre Dame - though I'm super stoked about the offer I have at Arizona! 

I applied to Vanderbilt too but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, other celebrating happened on Friday night. I don't remember a lot of things.

Edited by Maleficent999

@Maleficent: Of course!  I'm so happy for you!! :D oh my, no ... no news yet.  I wish ... Oh, how I wish I would hear something soon.  I just want to be accepted one place, that's all!  So I know I can go to school in the Fall.  However, I might be hearing from Maryland soon, but that's also the most competitive program I applied to!

@SheWrote: Oh my goodness, I'm so so sorry my post got you down ... but they could have more than one round of acceptances coming out as those accepted decide not to attend Duke!  It's not over til it's over, as Maleficent has told us here =)  Where all have you applied?

Edited by gingin6789

I saw this post and my heart immediately dropped. I didn't get an email :(

Gin is right. You've been accepted to loads of great programs and duke hasn't said no yet so there's still hope. Either way, we all know you'll be doing something epic over the next 5 years.

Dreammer, thanks! :)

P.s. I wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for all the support! It's been amazing. You all are beautiful people.

Edited by Maleficent999

I just got my funding offer from Davis and I can say with confidence that I will be going to grad school next year! I was unsure because they are very vague on their website and didn't include funding in the original acceptance letter but I feel very good about it now. Excited! I don't even really care if I end up getting in anywhere else at this point. Davis is such a great fit for my interests and personally for other reasons. Yay! :D

CONGRATS!!! I've been on vacation and finally got a much needed break from the site.

No news for me yet but I am so happy for you!!

CONGRATS!!! I've been on vacation and finally got a much needed break from the site.

No news for me yet but I am so happy for you!!

I can't wait for you to get some good news! I know it has to be right around the corner!!

And thanks :D

I saw this post and my heart immediately dropped. I didn't get an email :(

I felt the same way as you, SheWrote. I was getting kind of bitter and also a bit sarcastic about the entire process in the last couple of weeks; and after not getting an email I just felt more letdown than ever. However, I checked the website and had a decision waiting for me...

I can't promise it's the same for you, but I sincerely wish it is.  :)

I haven't felt so relieved in a very long time. ^_^ 

I felt the same way as you, SheWrote. I was getting kind of bitter and also a bit sarcastic about the entire process in the last couple of weeks; and after not getting an email I just felt more letdown than ever. However, I checked the website and had a decision waiting for me...

I can't promise it's the same for you, but I sincerely wish it is.  :)

I haven't felt so relieved in a very long time. ^_^

It is so strange; I am not getting any email from Duke, and my application status has no new notifications. 

Anyone have details on University of South Florida acceptances? I wanted to apply to their PhD program, but it said they required a master's, so I applied to their MA instead (which I turned in early around Jan 15, but isn't due until Feb 15, so I feel like I'll be waiting awhile). Do you have a master's? Did their e-mail sound nice? Decent funding?

Just got an email from Barbara Zsembik at UF.  Acceptance.  Funding info to follow.  Its not a top choice, but at least I now have 1 acceptance.  Takes away soo much stress!

Congrats! That's my only acceptance so far too, so maybe I'll be seeing you around.

Hi guys,

First time posting on here. I was compelled to do so, though, after I saw some folks asking about UCSB. I received a call from a UCSB professor last week saying that I was accepted...only for them to call back twenty minutes later informing me that they had made a huge mistake and I was actually on the waitlist!

I followed up with the DGS since it all seemed a little fishy. However, he confirmed that I was on the waitlist. Apparently, they had about 180 applications and put together a finalist list of 25 folks. Of these 25, some are getting acceptance offers while others are on the waitlist. Another very illuminating point (and hopefully of some consolation/hope to others) was that I was NOT supposed to be contacted. Therefore, if you have NOT been contacted, you might very well be on the waitlist with me! Although, I received no information about out and out rejections...but it seems like they haven't gone out yet, either?

I hope this helps!

Hi guys,

First time posting on here. I was compelled to do so, though, after I saw some folks asking about UCSB. I received a call from a UCSB professor last week saying that I was accepted...only for them to call back twenty minutes later informing me that they had made a huge mistake and I was actually on the waitlist!

I followed up with the DGS since it all seemed a little fishy. However, he confirmed that I was on the waitlist. Apparently, they had about 180 applications and put together a finalist list of 25 folks. Of these 25, some are getting acceptance offers while others are on the waitlist. Another very illuminating point (and hopefully of some consolation/hope to others) was that I was NOT supposed to be contacted. Therefore, if you have NOT been contacted, you might very well be on the waitlist with me! Although, I received no information about out and out rejections...but it seems like they haven't gone out yet, either?

I hope this helps!

I suppose this provides me with some relief!

No one has yet claimed that acceptance from Indiana.  Seems strange that there would be only one.  Is it legit?

I'm not claiming it, but I will say that the DGS did interviews this weekend. I left the conversation feeling like I was accepted (based on many things that were said), but I'm still holding my breathe until I either hear or read "congratulations you are accepted."

Maybe that person also had a chat and just decided to claim acceptance.