Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

The "truly worthy applicants" quote on the results survey is extremely misleading. The actual email said "Regrettably, we can make offers to only a small percentage of a large group of truly worthy applicants." 

As a side note, it was disappointing to receive my first decision and have it be a rejection. I thought Boulder was a pretty good fit for me. Oh well, I only need to get into one. 

Omg, Boulder actually said, "only truly worthy applicants"!?  Wow. 

I read it as..."a small percentage of a large group of truly worthy applicants" meaning that a lot of us WERE truly worthy but they just couldn't fit us all. 

I feel you all on the Boulder rejection. that one hurt :(

For those of you waiting on Rutgers - were you interviewed??

I had my interview a week and a half ago and was told then that decisions would be made in about 2 weeks, so they should be coming soon!

I had my interview a week and a half ago and was told then that decisions would be made in about 2 weeks, so they should be coming soon!

I had my interview on Friday, and she said 2 weeks. But I was hoping they somehow were ready early.  :)

Anyone have any insight on Stanford? I know some people have heard ... do you think they'll send out more accepts??

The email said that 20 out of 250 applying were getting offers. I don't know if all acceptances have been sent. You would probably have to ask them.

accepted to Boulder this morning... stoked! 3 for 3 now. good luck everyone. is snowboard potential a legitimate reason to choose a grad program? 

I'd say only if you're planning on researching the culture of snowboarding.

:P Congrats!

Edited by Maleficent999

Anyone have any insight on Stanford? I know some people have heard ... do you think they'll send out more accepts?? 

I am wondering the same thing. I think I mentioned this earlier, but I sent the dept an email right after the first admits went out and asked if they were finished making decisions .. never got a response. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

I am wondering the same thing. I think I mentioned this earlier, but I sent the dept an email right after the first admits went out and asked if they were finished making decisions .. never got a response. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

did you try calling? (650) 724-2437 ? 

Congrats to all who have gotten an acceptance thus far, I know what a relief that first acceptance can be. Just wait until you have to make your final decision, for some people it's the most anxiety inducing part of the process. To those who got WL notifications or haven't heard yet, hang in there! 

Claiming one of the Cornell admits. Very excited. Got a really nice offer with an attached letter as well as a personalized follow up email from one of the professors there.

Feel free to send me a msg if you have any specific questions about Cornell or Ithaca as such. 

Edited by ohgoodness

I had my interview with Rutgers on the 26th of January. I hope to hear this upcoming week. 

Applied to:

Cornell's PhD Development Sociology program
Penn State's PhD Rural Sociology program

If I have not yet heard back does that mean I am on the wait list?