Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

Hello everyone!

I apologize as I have not been able to get internet for awhile.

Accepted to the University of Michigan!

I am also currently waiting for a Skype interview at Indiana.

I am on a Fulbright in China right now and will not be able to go to any visit days.

I'm going to really be relying on these forums!

Confused about the recent UT-Austin rejection. My online app still says in process and I haven't received an email rejection yet. can the poster please provide more info? I've accepted I didn't get in I just want some official closure.

Maybe send an inquiry email to their DGS or admin staff?

Welcome, moda, and congratulations on your acceptance!  You can rely on us!  I've definitely been relying on these forums, too!

I wish folks would post stats, too.  We're not gonna criticize you, we promise! If anything, we're gonna love you! I think some folks posting in results search might not even know this sociology sub-forum exists ... I hope that's not the case!

That is awesome!  Congrats!

Anyone else hear about Northeastern, UCSB, University of Florida, or UCSC?

Have I missed it, waiting to see who claims UCSC, their stats, and who contacted them!!... Also, the rejection for UT Austin... my apps still show in process! UGH!

Hi Friends,

I applied Northeastern sociology, but I did not receive any response. And some people here posted their acceptance. Then I checked my app status, and saw as submitted. Should I still have an expectation for acceptance?  :(

Maleficent, I feel for you!  Good news is coming. 

In my first application cycle (for political science) I didn't hear anything at all until I received a UCLA rejection on Feb. 14th!  That's right, happy Valentine's day!

Hi Friends,

I applied Northeastern sociology, but I did not receive any response. And some people here posted their acceptance. Then I checked my app status, and saw as submitted. Should I still have an expectation for acceptance?   :(

Does it say anything else? Mine says submitted as well but it also says "under committee review". So I am unsure if that means I am still in the running or not.  

Does it say anything else? Mine says submitted as well but it also says "under committee review". So I am unsure if that means I am still in the running or not.  

yes, mine says  also "under committee review". what does it mean? I am very confused and sad..... :(

yes, mine says  also "under committee review". what does it mean? I am very confused and sad..... :(

I believe that means that it has been through the grad school and is now at the department.

I'll claim a Duke acceptance. Email to check the website and my stats are posted. A lot of relief after a few rejections and eerie silences. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Congrats!! Could you share your stats? 

It was an email to check status on website where there was a general letter. 155/165/4.5 GRE's. MA in Religion w/ 3.9 GPA. Two pubs under review and one presentation at a national conference. 

I just got my funding offer from Davis and I can say with confidence that I will be going to grad school next year! I was unsure because they are very vague on their website and didn't include funding in the original acceptance letter but I feel very good about it now. Excited! I don't even really care if I end up getting in anywhere else at this point. Davis is such a great fit for my interests and personally for other reasons. Yay! :D

I was hopeful for northeastern sociology. but from now on, I dont have any expectation.... :(

I wonder the accepted people and their scores.... if they can share with us, it will be great....

:/

GRE: 159/159/5.0

Undergrad GPA: ~3.3 cumulative, ~3.8 major (will be graduating this semester)

I got another email from Northeastern about 9 hours after getting my initial acceptance, saying that my decision was available on the online portal.