Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

hey everyone! 

has anyone seen the Wisconsin-Madison admits posted on the results page? can anyone claim them?

Now that I have a few acceptances I'm happy to start being a bit more forthcoming. I can claim one. I received an email from the department with an attached letter outlining my acceptance. The letter says that in comparison to previous years they are accepting less students in order to be able to guarantee funding for 5 years (exactly what the funding will be is still forthcoming). Visit day is March 7 with additional details coming next week.

First of all, a HUGE congratulations, dysphoriablues!!!

Second, Woah, deadline in mid-January?  Gives me hope for my early January and mid-January deadlines!

@gingin6789 - I go to Lehigh now for my M.A.! I'm graduating in May, applying to Ph.D. programs for Fall '14 now. Best of luck - you sound like a great candidate! Lemme know if you have any questions about our program :)

Anyone claiming the Rutgers Interview? Seems pretty early, or? Ahh, guess we will know soon  :wacko:

I claim one of the Rutgers interviews. I had it earlier today and got some info! She said that they were anticipating an incoming cohort size of about 8 students, and that notifications should go out in approx. 2 weeks. It'll be a long wait, argh! I can't wait to hear.

@gingin6789 - I go to Lehigh now for my M.A.! I'm graduating in May, applying to Ph.D. programs for Fall '14 now. Best of luck - you sound like a great candidate! Lemme know if you have any questions about our program :)

you just made me melt into happiness!!! Lehigh is my number one choice.  My research interests line up so perfectly with Dr. Lasker's, yet I failed to mention her name in my SOP and I've been kicking myself ever since.  She has been an absolute pleasure to talk to on the phone as well when I had questions regarding the application process as well!  

I'm so sorry that I won't get to meet you in person if I end up going there!  I visited the campus in October and felt instantly at home.  No one was there because it was Fall break, but it was a wonderful experience.  I'll definitely message you with questions about the program.  You have made me SO excited!! Thank you so much for reaching out to me!! 

I was so giddily flustered that I forgot to say congratulations on your Rutgers interview!!!! Best of luck to you!!! 

Edited by gingin6789

I can claim two! Email from graduate coordinator at Ann Arbor. An email from my POI at Berkeley about 20 minutes later. I am still in a bit of shock.

Best of luck to all and drink lots of water.

Congrats!

I am praying and hoping that my POI is lazy and is deciding to send out admits later than everyone else :P

A guy can only hope right? The irony for me is that I got into other schools, but the SOP was written originally for Berkeley haha.

Now that I have a few acceptances I'm happy to start being a bit more forthcoming. I can claim one. I received an email from the department with an attached letter outlining my acceptance. The letter says that in comparison to previous years they are accepting less students in order to be able to guarantee funding for 5 years (exactly what the funding will be is still forthcoming). Visit day is March 7 with additional details coming next week.

congratulations overlyresearched! madison's a great program!!

I claim one of the Rutgers interviews. I had it earlier today and got some info! She said that they were anticipating an incoming cohort size of about 8 students, and that notifications should go out in approx. 2 weeks. It'll be a long wait, argh! I can't wait to hear.

Only for those who received interviews?

Sociology89, what does it say on the website?  Mine still just says that it's been submitted.

It says: "DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 1/31/2014"  

There is also a letter attached that says: "The graduate program you have applied to has recommended your admission to the Graduate School at NC State. Please note that final confirmation of your admission requires our receipt and validation of official transcripts from your previous....."

Congrats to everybody so far who has received good news!

I'm a current student at UW-Madison. If anybody who received an offer of admission to Wisconsin has questions about the program, feel free to PM me.

( @Palito: Hope you don't mind that I'm essentially rehashing what you've written above  :)

Echoing above sentiments, congrats to all those that have received encouraging news about their graduate school futures. I'm a current student at Indiana University and would be happy to chat with those who have questions about the program. Feel free to PM. Cheers!

Only for those who received interviews?

I'm not entirely sure who they will be notifying in two weeks. Probably the first batch of acceptances at least, not sure if rejections will be sent at the same time. and I'm not sure about what it means for those who weren't interviewed yet.

Thanks everyone! I got an email from Emmanuel Dela Paz at 10:30 this morning with a congratulations of admissions and funding TBA .. then got another email around noon giving details about visit dates. Excited since I'm already living in the area. Hopefully the rest of ya'll will hear good news soon!

UCSD already issuing offer? Then I guess it's an "oops" for me :P

It says: "DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 1/31/2014"  

There is also a letter attached that says: "The graduate program you have applied to has recommended your admission to the Graduate School at NC State. Please note that final confirmation of your admission requires our receipt and validation of official transcripts from your previous....."

Do you mind listing your stats? :o)