Fall 2014 Sociology Interviews and/or Acceptances

Maleficent999

Applied to:

Cornell's PhD Development Sociology program

Penn State's PhD Rural Sociology program

If I have not yet heard back does that mean I am on the wait list?

Have you checked the results page? Enter the name of the school and program and see if any results come up for 2014. If not, look at the dates of notification from previous years. Good luck!

Applied to:

What I've heard from the Cornell DSOC is that they have not sent out yet so don't worry yet.   Late February is a good pointer for DSOC there

Applied to:

I applied to Cornell's DevSoc program as well. I haven't heard anything and the application page is still the same. Maybe late February?

I applied to Cornell's DevSoc program as well. I haven't heard anything and the application page is still the same. Maybe late February?

What I've heard from the Cornell DSOC is that they have not sent out yet so don't worry yet.   Late February is a good pointer for DSOC there

I got an email from Laurie Johnson at Cornell Development Sociology saying: I should be able to give you an idea on whether you are one of our top candidates by [Feb 26].

We are still in the preliminary stages, but I should know more after February 12, our next meeting.

Good luck everyone!!

I got an email from Laurie Johnson at Cornell Development Sociology saying: I should be able to give you an idea on whether you are one of our top candidates by [Feb 26].

We are still in the preliminary stages, but I should know more after February 12, our next meeting.

Good luck everyone!!

Have you kept in contact with her? I'm somewhat intimated to contact any of the remaining departments I applied to because I haven't done anything productive since graduating last December. 

Have you kept in contact with her? I'm somewhat intimated to contact any of the remaining departments I applied to because I haven't done anything productive since graduating last December. 

I have kept in contact with her and the faculty because they have been giving me advise on where to apply. I am new to this whole PhD thing.

I contacted her about my status because I had an offer from a different program with a very close deadline and need to make decision.

If I were you I would wait it out…its going to be another week or so. Or contact the potential supervisor and put a bug in their ear. Just say hi have not spoken in a while, hope the semester is going well, my phd applications have been completed and they went smoothly. hoping to hear back from Penn State soon.

Who's claiming the Loyola U of Chicago acceptance? Would you be able to share stats and your research interests? Thank you!

Hello, I am from Taiwan with a sociology master degree.

GRE: V 158   Q 163   AWA 3.0

Undergraduate GPA 3.45  

Graduate GPA 4.0

My research interest: STS studies, food & health.

I emailed UCSB and was told that they are "finalizing admission decisions this week."

I emailed a while back and was told there were over 180 people to apply. The adcom selected 25 of them. A certain number of the 25 were offered spots and the rest were put on the waitlist. I'm in the latter group. Please, folks.. if you were offered a spot and know you are going somewhere else, let them know! I really need to get off this waitlist!

Has anyone else still not gotten word from Duke University? I'm really anxious to know my application status but too much of a coward to call and find out. The paradox of the application process.  :(

I am legitimately stressing out right now. It's been a week since the first acceptances went out and I still haven't heard anything. The DGS's post gave me a little hope, but now I'm not sure anymore. I really hope we find out this week. My significant other is in the process of making his residency rank list (based partly on where I've been accepted), and I am stressed because I really liked Duke. 

Edited by SheWrote

I emailed a while back and was told there were over 180 people to apply. The adcom selected 25 of them. A certain number of the 25 were offered spots and the rest were put on the waitlist. I'm in the latter group. Please, folks.. if you were offered a spot and know you are going somewhere else, let them know! I really need to get off this waitlist!

Did they let you know you were on the waitlist or did you ask?