Official Canadian University Thread 2014

cwasson

I just tried logging into ROSI. All of Sarahb's steps work, but since I obviously haven't been admitted yet, I wasn't able to do anything once I entered the system. So you may be able to log in, but you will probably only be able to use the system if some program has offered you admission. 

same here - managed to log in (thanks for the explanation!) but there's nothing there

Anyone waiting to hear about the UVIC MPA online stream? I applied on Jan 17, deadline had been extended to Jan 31 and status is sitting at file forwarded to department.

Applied to 7 MA programs, accepted by 2 and rejected by 1 so far. Looks like everywhere else already sent out their offers and seems unlikely I'll be receiving anything from them...

Kinda sad, but could be worse. At least I'll have somewhere to go to this coming September! 

I'm in the same boat, for a different school. It's an awful feeling... I'm sorry you are going through it too. Fingers crossed that the outcome is positive! 

I do have a really good offer at another school, and they are tied for my first choice (but for different reasons) I'll probably e-mail soon asking when I can expect to hear a decision, since I have a March 21st acceptance deadline looming

Brock for Masters of Poli Sci and Masters in Social Justice and Equity Studies. I've been accepted to both.

McMaster and Western for Masters in Political Science, I have yet to hear and it's driving me crazy! I know I'm good to go no matter what they say, I still just want to know so I can make a decision and accept!

Brock for Masters of Poli Sci and Masters in Social Justice and Equity Studies. I've been accepted to both.

McMaster and Western for Masters in Political Science, I have yet to hear and it's driving me crazy! I know I'm good to go no matter what they say, I still just want to know so I can make a decision and accept!

I've been accepted to Brock as well and also waiting to hear back from Mac (plus three other schools). What stream did you apply to for Political Science?

I've been accepted to Brock as well and also waiting to hear back from Mac (plus three other schools). What stream did you apply to for Political Science?

Political Theory. You?

I do have a really good offer at another school, and they are tied for my first choice (but for different reasons) I'll probably e-mail soon asking when I can expect to hear a decision, since I have a March 21st acceptance deadline looming

I caved and emailed to find out when I might hear. The kind lady emailed me back super quickly with an acceptance. She said she had tried to email me but it had bounced back. :D So email!!

PS I love montreal, if I could go to Concordia, I would!! But I'm totally biased... 

Hey Illesha! Check your mailbox (snail mail), I just received the news!

Best of luck and hopefully see you at U of T in the fall!! :)

Congratulations girl! A friend of mine who lives here in London, Ontario got a package today from U of T and the status of her program was still Under Review! Hopefully mine is in the mail and its taking its time to get to Ottawa!! 

Edited by Illesha

Hello all,

Has anyone else (besides the two on Febraury 25th) heard about acceptance to the University of Toronto's Master of Global Affairs program?

Thank you!!

A few people at Western have also heard back. They have until March 25th to accept the offer, which leads me to assume that the next round of acceptances will not go out until then, or later.

Hello all,

Has anyone else (besides the two on Febraury 25th) heard about acceptance to the University of Toronto's Master of Global Affairs program?

Thank you!!

If it makes you feel better, I'm 100% sure I'm going to decline my offer so there's going to be at least 1 spot opening up.

If it makes you feel better, I'm 100% sure I'm going to decline my offer so there's going to be at least 1 spot opening up.

Dodger, have you heard back from U of T MPP? (yup, I'm a little nervous here...)

Dodger, have you heard back from U of T MPP? (yup, I'm a little nervous here...)

Nothing official yet but I logged in to ROSI and it says that I had been invited to attend, which I assume means that I have been accepted.  I'm holding off getting excited until I heard something official.  Regardless of whether or not I get in to U of T's MPP, I'm going to accept my offer to Carleton over the U of T MGA.  

Nothing official yet but I logged in to ROSI and it says that I had been invited to attend, which I assume means that I have been accepted.  I'm holding off getting excited until I heard something official.  Regardless of whether or not I get in to U of T's MPP, I'm going to accept my offer to Carleton over the U of T MGA.  

Thanks for the update. I guess I'm in for a long wait.

Has anyone contacted U of T about their admissions?  I have been holding for about 2 months in answering one school, and I think they are starting to get a little annoyed.  I am getting frequent e-mails (at least once a week now) asking what my decision is.  If they have, do you contact SGS directly or the graduate chair of the program?

Anyone applied eHealth at McMaster or biostatistics at Queens?

Didn't see any offers on result page. A bit worried. Are these two program competitive?

Hello...joining this thread!  I haven't heard from U of T yet either.

I have received the letter from U of T by postal, but the status on SGS still says 'under review'. Check your mailbox :)

Has anyone contacted U of T about their admissions?  I have been holding for about 2 months in answering one school, and I think they are starting to get a little annoyed.  I am getting frequent e-mails (at least once a week now) asking what my decision is.  If they have, do you contact SGS directly or the graduate chair of the program?

Just responding to say: I would not contact either of those! SGS will say it's the department's problem and the grad CHAIR probably won't know details and/or may be annoyed!

You could try the grad secretary or administrator. An e-mail might clear it up quickly if, like my own department, the department you applied to has set up an auto-reply to state where they're at with admissions (I only know this because I e-mailed our admin assistant a few days ago to RSVP to the open-door part of next week's recruitment and I got an auto-reply from the e-mail address that (politely and more elaborately) stated that they were done with admits). If you don't want to leave a paper-trail, you could call and say you're sitting on another offer and they may give you a straight-up answer. But yeah, grad admin/secretary/assistant is who you should touch base with, I would think, if need be.

Good luck and congrats on your offers thus far!

Edited by surefire

Anyone hear back from the SFU Communications MA? I just sent off an email to the program

coordinator but haven't heard back, the wait is driving me crazy :P

It will probably be a couple more weeks. Last year, I didn't hear from the phd program until march 21st. I know that some of the MA's from last fall's cohort didn't here until april. And, this year the application deadline was a month later than previous years.