Official Canadian University Thread 2014

cwasson

I've applied to Masters programs in English Lit at UBC, McGill, and Concordia and haven't heard back from any yet and the anxiety is growing by the day. Any news from these universities and/or in English Lit from anyone on here?

I've applied to MSW programs at Laurier and UofT.  Some people are already hearing acceptances from Laurier so I am starting to lose hope there.  Hopefully I will get into UofT (it would actually be my first choice except for the fact I'd have to commute).

Smitten Pears - that is really crazy to hear on a Sunday!  Congrats!  And I bet it is even more exciting because you weren't expecting to hear today :)

Earlier this week I found out informally that I was accepted into York's Social and Political Thought PhD! Other applicants should email the graduate program director to find out their status (he has the MA results as well).

First post here after lurking for a couple of days! I've applied to Statistics & ActSc programs at UofT, Waterloo and UWO as Canadian citizen but currently getting my bachelors in another country. My average is quite low and consultants tell me that every time I phone in for inquiries, so while I'm hopeful I know my chances aren't good. My official transcript for UofT app was late but luckily accepted after I sent emails explaining the reasons to the school. No notices from UofT and Waterloo as of yet but received offer from UWO a couple of days ago! Not sure how to reply yet since it's my third choice out of three. I'm just hoping UofT and Waterloo will give notices soon. The anxiety of waiting is killing me!

Earlier this week I found out informally that I was accepted into York's Social and Political Thought PhD! Other applicants should email the graduate program director to find out their status (he has the MA results as well).

How much time do you think they'll be available if we just wait them out. (Applied for an MA)

Edited by TP24

Just had a minor heart attack when I saw I had an e-mail from Western

Turns out it was just letting me know that one of my references submitted their letter. Not that that really helped my panic, because I had been under the assumption that he had sent that in about 2 weeks ago. Could be worse though!

Glad to see a thread dedicated to Canadian schools! I've applied to: 

Brock - MA in Political Science - Public Policy - ACCEPTED

Carleton - MA in Public Administration

Queens - MPA

McMaster - MA in Political Science - Public Policy

Ryerson - MPPA

I know five schools may have been a bit much, but I applied to each for different reasons. The waiting game is killing me...but nice to know I've been accepted to Brock already!

I'm new, but have been watching the posts. I've applied for Clinical Psych at Manitoba, Memorial and Dalhousie. It has been pretty darn quiet, and no updates as of yet. Doubt I'm in for Dalhousie. Anyone that has been accepted, did they apply for CGS-M or CGS-D? Anyone find out if they got funded?

Applied to McGill's Communication Sciences and Disorders PhD program. Deadline was Jan 15th. Received acceptance yesterday, 2/24.

STILL in shock!

Applied to Master's programs at McMaster and U of T:

Mac: Global Health (still waiting)

Mac: Globalization (accepted!)

Mac: Anthropology (informal acceptance - my chosen supervisor let me know I was accepted, but I haven't heard anything official yet)

U of T: Public Health Promotion (Global Health focus) (still waiting)

U of T: Sociology (still waiting)

U of T: Anthropology (still waiting)

Has anyone heard from any of the outstanding programs here? I only have a week and a half to say yes/no to the Globalization program at Mac, so I'm starting to get very, very anxious about the other programs....

I'm from the US and applied to University of Winnipeg in their MSc in Bioscience, Technology, and Public Policy because I really like my POI and we seemed to get along really well during a Skype session in December.  Right now, its my top choice.  It seems they're waiting on funding or something like that (from the email that I got from the POI).  I was wondering if anyone could give me an impression about the school because I've never been there.  I didn't see anyone who applied there, but it doesn't appear to be as large as other schools in Canada.

I'm from the US and applied to University of Winnipeg in their MSc in Bioscience, Technology, and Public Policy because I really like my POI and we seemed to get along really well during a Skype session in December.  Right now, its my top choice.  It seems they're waiting on funding or something like that (from the email that I got from the POI).  I was wondering if anyone could give me an impression about the school because I've never been there.  I didn't see anyone who applied there, but it doesn't appear to be as large as other schools in Canada.

I've completed my undergrad at the University of Winnipeg. Been there for the last couple of years. I've been closely working with the psychology and classics, not with the sciences. It has been a good university because of the class size and small student departments. There are some really good profs and, as with any university, some really bad ones. The university has had issues with spending on new buildings, however, the new science building has been declared as pretty top notch by those that have worked in the building (science majors). It is a small university and does not have many graduate programs, it is mostly an undergraduate university. However, if you found someone that you really want to work with, any of the negatives are minor and can easily be overlooked. If you need any advice or info, you can send me a message.

I am in a weird situation.  I know of people getting acceptances (by email) to my program on Thursday and Friday of last week (the 20th and 21st) and a bunch of people at my BSW program received rejection letters on Monday.  I have received nothing.  No acceptance, no rejection, nothing.  The program says that ALL applicants will hear by the end of February so should I contact them? 

Glad to see a thread dedicated to Canadian schools! I've applied to: 

Brock - MA in Political Science - Public Policy - ACCEPTED

Carleton - MA in Public Administration

Queens - MPA

McMaster - MA in Political Science - Public Policy

Ryerson - MPPA

I know five schools may have been a bit much, but I applied to each for different reasons. The waiting game is killing me...but nice to know I've been accepted to Brock already!

I'm in the exact same boat. Applied to 3 schools, have only heard back from Brock with an acceptance. I heard back 10 days after I submitted the application, so having to wait is a lot less stressful than it would otherwise. Nice to know I'm definitely going to grad school in September.

I am in a weird situation.  I know of people getting acceptances (by email) to my program on Thursday and Friday of last week (the 20th and 21st) and a bunch of people at my BSW program received rejection letters on Monday.  I have received nothing.  No acceptance, no rejection, nothing.  The program says that ALL applicants will hear by the end of February so should I contact them? 

I feel like you should hold off until next week when it is actually March, then contact them

I've applied for a few programs in international affairs, the Master of Global Affairs at University of Toronto, Master of International Affairs at Carleton, and MA Public and International Affairs at uOttawa. Received acceptance to the Munk School at Toronto yesterday! Hoping to hear from the others soon as U of T isn't my first choice.

Edited by Archie1991

I've applied for a few programs in international affairs, the Master of Global Affairs at University of Toronto, Master of International Affairs at Carleton, and MA Public and International Affairs at uOttawa. Received acceptance to the Munk School at Toronto yesterday! Hoping to hear from the others soon as U of T isn't my first choice.

I was also accepted to the Munk School yesterday.  Its not my first choice either, but its a decent backup plan.

I am so jealous of both of you.I applied to Munk and I'm still under review, and Munk is my top choice. So nervous. Congratulations though, both of you.

I got waitlisted to Laurier.  I am tentatively optimistic but I am not sure how much of a chance I have of getting off the waitlist.  The email said there is usually some movement but they can't guarantee chances of an offer.

Still waiting on UofT.