Official Canadian University Thread 2014

cwasson

Waiting to hear back from UBC. Historically, it seems like responses go out this week.

I'm waiting for UBC as well. The deadline for my program was Dec 1 and I submitted my app in mid-October so I'm anxious to hear their decision. I was told February to March was the timeline but I still check multiple times a day :)

Applied 

University of Calgary (MA Communication and Culture)

Concordia (MA Media Studies)

Western (MA Media Studies)

MSVU (Public Relations)

Concordia and Western are my top choices, the deadlines were only Jan. 15 and Feb. 1st so I am not expecting to hear back for awhile yet...

Applied:

University of Toronto (MSc - CSB - Neuroscience)

University of Western Ontario (MSc - Neuroscience)

Queen's University (MSc - Neuroscience)

Have received unofficial acceptance to UofT in form of email from supervisor, waiting on other two...

Applied to Simon Fraser (MPP), University of Toronto (MPP), McMaster/Guelph (MPPA) and Queen's (MPA).

Haven't heard anything back from anyone, but the applications only went in at the end of January so I suppose I'll be waiting for at least another couple of weeks.

I just applied to the ERES MA program at UofT. So far, I haven't seen anyone mentioning this program on the forum...

ERES is under "Interdisciplinary Studies" although since it's mostly Americans on here you won't see it mentioned as much. I just heard back from CERES :) Application still says "under review" but the graduate coordinator emailed me.

I also applied to the Institute of Eastern European Studies at Carleton, and Queens + McGill for Poli Sci (MA).

Feel free to shoot me any questions about U of T, i'm currently enrolled as an undergrad.

Edited by nakuu

I applied to McMaster, Memorial, University of Calgary, and University of Toronto all for Anthropology/Archaeology master's programs.  Got an e-mail from Toronto about a week or so ago saying they had finalized all the documents and were going to go ahead and start reviewing applications and offers of admissions would start to roll out late February/early March.  I personally know a faculty member at Memorial who said they have already started looking at applications as of 2-3 weeks ago, so it should be any time now. I've gone to McMaster for 4.5 years and I still have no clue when they send out their acceptances, I know they reject by March from first hand experience last year haha.

Applied to Simon Fraser (MPP), University of Toronto (MPP), McMaster/Guelph (MPPA) and Queen's (MPA).

Haven't heard anything back from anyone, but the applications only went in at the end of January so I suppose I'll be waiting for at least another couple of weeks.

I also applied for MPP at U of T. Very curious to know when we're likely to hear from them.

Has anyone who applied to UBC using the online grad account portal seen an update in his / her application status? Mine has been showing a blank "status" section since I applied way back in October. All of my documents have been sent and verified received as of early December.

Edited by *Jenny*

Has anyone who applied to UBC using the online grad account portal seen an update in his / her application status? Mine has been showing a blank "status" section since I applied way back in October. All of my documents have been sent and verified received as of early December.

I have "view" under that.

*Jenny*, mine also appears as blank. It won't change. The grad coordinator at the political science department said that we will get a direct email from them, regardless of whether it is an acceptance or a rejection. In any case, the status would remain blank. This, I'm sure, varies by department.

Edited by fais202

Mine updated, though that was once they finally got the last of my materials. They also sent an email a week or so ago letting me know about the status change and that they were reviewing applications

*Jenny*, mine also appears as blank. It won't change. The grad coordinator at the political science department said that we will get a direct email from them, regardless of whether it is an acceptance or a rejection. In any case, the status would remain blank. This, I'm sure, varies by department.

Good to know. Thanks for the reassurance!

Tried replying to this earlier, but I suppose it didn't post.  I have an application in at UBC and it is currently in "Application Under Review" and it has been for almost two weeks now.  I emailed the coordinator of my program, and she said that it is under review and that they review applications until May.

Tried replying to this earlier, but I suppose it didn't post.  I have an application in at UBC and it is currently in "Application Under Review" and it has been for almost two weeks now.  I emailed the coordinator of my program, and she said that it is under review and that they review applications until May.

Not sure what your program is, but I emailed asking when they would start notifying and heard it would be at least three weeks.

On UBC's grad website it says decisions are made from mid-March going forward, however, as there are acceptances popping up daily on the results page, I'm guessing this varies widely by program.

As a Canadian, I find only U of T, McGill, UBC and Université de Montréal are worth considering. Attending the other unis makes it seem like you didn't get accepted into the top 4. 

So much for Waterloo...which you should realize that is the best in the country in mathematics.

I've received an unofficial acceptance to an MSc program in nutrition at the University of Guelph (basically the department has recommended that I be offered admission to the program, but it still needs to be approved by the Faculty of Graduate Studies).

I had an interview this week for Guelph's MAN program.

I've an interview next week for Toronto's MPH in community nutrition.