Official Canadian University Thread 2014

cwasson

Congrats!! My status on my application to Carleton MPA program changed to "Under Review" - I accidentally submitted mine a couple days late (was used to being able to submit documents right away, not wait for a few days, whoops!) , so I assume I'll be at the end of the line for admissions/rejections. I'm so nervous!

Any idea when U of T are supposed to start sending out answers?

Despite the fact that I know the programs I've applied to will be making offers on March 7th and March 10th, I can't stop checking my email and university websites, just in case they release their decisions early! I know it's ridiculous, but I'm still doing it.

Thank goodness my backup plan (MSc) is in place, as I've already been admitted to my top choice. Would much rather do a combined masters-dietetic internship, however, since the internship is needed to become a registered dietitian.

When you got a response from Calgary, did you get an email or did you just check your portal? 

I got a rejection e-mail last night (Toronto time) so it would have been about 3-4 in the afternoon Calgary time.  I hadn't seen any results, save for one acceptance, on the results page for my program.  So it is possible that different programs send out e-mails on differing days, or they send out the yes's and the flat no's immediately and the rest come in as spaces fill.

I got a rejection e-mail last night (Toronto time) so it would have been about 3-4 in the afternoon Calgary time.  I hadn't seen any results, save for one acceptance, on the results page for my program.  So it is possible that different programs send out e-mails on differing days, or they send out the yes's and the flat no's immediately and the rest come in as spaces fill.

Yeah, my program isn't supposed to give out results until mid-March but I don't know if I should obsessively check my email or obsessively check my Web Portal. Calgary is my top choice and really the only school I have a good shot at. Ive seen a little trickle of results from Calgary on the Results page, but it looks like last year the majority came out mid-March so I'm not freaking out about not hearing back quite yet. 

Edited by krishnalynn

got an acceptance to Concordia today, no funding (not surprised, quebec universities give out very little funding, especially in English Lit). Still hoping for something better (UBC <3) but at least I know I have a future!

Got an acceptance from Mac today (via email). I'm still waiting to hear anything from U of T, which makes me think I was rejected from all three programs.

I'm still waiting to hear anything from U of T (criminology MA), too!

Doesn't seem to be much activity for Anthro or Global Health on the results page http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=university+of+toronto&t=a&pp=100 so you may still be in the running!

Just got my acceptance to MPA by email from Carleton!! I'm ecstatic!! I didn't think I had a hope in getting in there, I applied on a whim because I would love to go there. I was accepting my fate that I might not get in anywhere, and this just made my year! So relieved! :D  :D  

Just got my acceptance to MPA by email from Carleton!! I'm ecstatic!! I didn't think I had a hope in getting in there, I applied on a whim because I would love to go there. I was accepting my fate that I might not get in anywhere, and this just made my year! So relieved! :D  :D  

Congrats!!!  I'm almost positive that I'll be accepting my offer from Carleton so we'll likely be classmates in the fall.

Congrats!!!  I'm almost positive that I'll be accepting my offer from Carleton so we'll likely be classmates in the fall.

I've just been offered admission to the University of Toronto's MPH in Community Nutrition! :)  This is my top choice, so I couldn't be happier! :)

Congrats to all three of you!

Someone a few pages back had applied to English MA programs at McGill and UBC and, like me, was waiting for a response.

Looking to see if he/she or any other applicants have heard from UBC. I just got admission from McGill (email).

I just got an acceptance from McGill. This is making a tough situation for me, because I was offered full funding from uMaine, but the program at McGill is a better fit for me and the PhD placement seems wayyyy better than Maine's. I don't know what to do. The funding opportunities seem shaky to me - holdsteady- did you receive a similarly vague email about English MA funding?

I just got an acceptance from McGill. This is making a tough situation for me, because I was offered full funding from uMaine, but the program at McGill is a better fit for me and the PhD placement seems wayyyy better than Maine's. I don't know what to do. The funding opportunities seem shaky to me - holdsteady- did you receive a similarly vague email about English MA funding?

Yes, it's pretty vague. But unlike the Toronto offer I received, there is at least a chance of real funding for MA students.

From what I know, PhD funding should be much better than MA funding. Don't know what implications your status as an international student has, though.

Edited by holdsteady

Someone a few pages back had applied to English MA programs at McGill and UBC and, like me, was waiting for a response.

Looking to see if he/she or any other applicants have heard from UBC. I just got admission from McGill (email).

I haven't heard a thing from UBC either. I'm getting so sick of waiting!

I'm still waiting to hear anything from U of T (criminology MA), too!

Doesn't seem to be much activity for Anthro or Global Health on the results page http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=university+of+toronto&t=a&pp=100 so you may still be in the running!

The status of my application changed to Decision Made sometime today. No idea what's going on. Super nervous and anxious now !!!

Thanks! I'm still waiting on the university I did my Bachelors at to make their decision (I still live there) I didn't think I'd get into Carleton at all, so I never considered having to make that decision. It'll be a tough one for sure (if I have to make it haha)

Congrats to all three of you!

Thank you!!! I had gotten convinced I wouldn't get in anywhere, so this was a happy surprise :)

The status of my application changed to Decision Made sometime today. No idea what's going on. Super nervous and anxious now !!!

The same happened to me. You will likely either get an email acceptance within the next few days, or a rejection letter in the mail within the next week or so.

Good luck!!

Mine changed a couple of days ago to Decision Made and I haven't heard from them still... Hopefully they were just waiting so they could send our acceptances out together?? haha

I am applying for a master in math at McGill, Waterloo University, UBC, UofT and McMaster. I was rejected from Waterloo and accepted by McMaster and didn’t receive any answers from the rest. My first choice is by far McGill and they already accepted and rejected some people. I am really worried because I feel that if Waterloo rejected me, McGill will definitely reject me and waiting is just killing me, do you think I have a chance at McGill?

I applied for a PhD, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, U of T, I am international student. I'm still expecting to hear their final decision but my supervisor already assured me I'd get the admission letter. My resumption session was previously shifted from January,2014 to May 2014 and now its for fall session. Please does anyone in the house have an idea when U of T starts contacting international students for admission to the fall session?

Anyone wait listed at UBC? Just curious what the chances are of acceptance off of it... (I applied for PhD Political Science, and I have offers from 3 other universities so I'm wondering if I should wait it out or just withdraw at this point). 

The same happened to me. You will likely either get an email acceptance within the next few days, or a rejection letter in the mail within the next week or so.

Oh man... The anticipating is killing me. Have we established that rejections only come via post? and that acceptances for sure come through email?