How many pages did your CV have when you submitted your app?

EngineerGrad

My CV was 1.5-2 pages, depending on spacing, when I submitted it. I don't have any papers under review, however.

If you're asking if it's okay to include a "Papers under review" section, my answer is yes. I think it's fine to include sections like "Papers under review" and "Papers under revision", especially for a graduate school application.

M. Ed. Applicant. 2 pages, 11 TNR font, in between narrow and normal margins.

I had a special projects section which was weird. I had an objectives section that in hindsight (after look at Gcafe) I know I shouldn't've had. I also feel I shouldnt've included things like email address, phone number and physical address on an application CV. Any thoughts?

I managed to keep it to two pages because I put "Available upon request" under my "References" section (They are getting LORs with my References information anyway).  

I didn't have a "papers under review" section because I've only done an undergraduate honors thesis (that I HOPE to get published, but it's 75 pages and I just finished it in December), so I simply put that into my "Achievements" section.

I had 4 with 11pt font. I didn't have a papers submitted section, only papers I've published.

That being, I know that if there is something tangible about the submission (I.e. You've been in contact and the journal expresses interest) it's not looked down upon to put it on your CV. I might be weary of listing a paper you've seen out without any response. Who knows, though.

Three, again moreso the "extended resume" format hybrid. I've been burned in the past with position titles making people think I didn't have the level of responsibility (and creative input) I actually had so I spelled it out very clearly in bullet points.

My one page was designed by myself to look like an academic journal article, including an abstract at the top. I condensed a lot of things and made sure to highlight the most important facets of my experience/education. The font size is 10 pt at the largest.

Three pages, 12 pt Times New Roman. I was warned anything smaller than 12 pt would be difficult to read for older adcom folks.

Everyone I spoke to stressed readability of font size. And art historians are a stickler for visual details. My professors gave me a lot of "Not to much negative space! Use Times New Roman! Let the words breathe. Be concise and professional. It should look good." Haha. 

Edited by m-ttl

My CV was originally 3-page long but the programme I applied to stated that the CV must not be more than 2 pages -so I just excluded some of the work experiences I had that were not relevant to my chosen vocation. I used Europass format which was pretty comprehensive. 

Three pages, with rather narrow margins. I'm not sure length particularly matters, though. I could be wrong, of course - I'm not on an adcom.

It depends who you get on the adcom. In my field position titles imply a certain jobset but it can very often not cover what you actually did to contribute. It's kind of like everyone is one rank below where they should be. Everyone knows it, but you still have to spell it out - plus you get brownie points if you list a task or skill they particularly want.

I worry the "no fluff" people are shooting themselves in the foot. I did that, I found out it was doing me no favors - due to assumptions - and reworked have had more success.