Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

My father keeps attributing my possible Crohn's disease to me being a bit overweight and not eating well. Oh, okay. Because that made my ESR and antibodies high.

Parents are the best right? 

Another tidbit, because I'm feeling extra ranty: I went out at about midnight and asked my mom if it was okay for me to make some mac n cheese. Nope. Not allowed to eat at midnight, because "it's not normal". 

Parents are the best right?

Another tidbit, because I'm feeling extra ranty: I went out at about midnight and asked my mom if it was okay for me to make some mac n cheese. Nope. Not allowed to eat at midnight, because "it's not normal".

I could go on parent rants for days... My mom is refusing to understand how I don't have summer off. She's been a teacher her whole life so she has that luxury... She doesn't get how I can't just leave if I don't have class.

I could go on parent rants for days... My mom is refusing to understand how I don't have summer off. She's been a teacher her whole life so she has that luxury... She doesn't get how I can't just leave if I don't have class.

I love when parents don't get that you can't just take off time whenever. Like, my research takes place in Costa Rica, so my family expects me to take time off while I'm in Costa Rica, doing research, to hang out with them. Okay. Cool. Not like I'm living off university funding to do that.

Was reading on my iPad in the kitchen when a spider dropped from the ceiling right in front of me.

Retreated, dropped off iPad in bedroom, went back to kill spider... Couldn't find it.

At least you didn't try to swat the spider with the iPad. That would have been bad.

I had to spend my New Year's Eve with my emotionally abusive grandmother...and was with her for three days prior to that. I now know what "drive me to drink" REALLY means (worse than applying to grad school, huge fights with a best friend, etc.) - I am just shocked I didn't scream at some point. The worst part is, I feel like a terrible person for disliking my grandmother so strongly, and "strongly/dislike" are understatements.

I had to spend my New Year's Eve with my emotionally abusive grandmother...and was with her for three days prior to that. I now know what "drive me to drink" REALLY means (worse than applying to grad school, huge fights with a best friend, etc.) - I am just shocked I didn't scream at some point. The worst part is, I feel like a terrible person for disliking my grandmother so strongly, and "strongly/dislike" are understatements.

I know what you mean - my SO has similar feelings towards his grandmother and before I met her I used to make him feel bad for never visiting, but now I totally get it. Just know you're not alone!

also, ragu tastes like shit. 

which makes me wonder is prego better tasting because they put even more chemical additives in it? is there a easy way to get my pasta/parmesan sauce and still be able to get something somewhat fresh and natural?

Edited by spectastic

so ironic that in a season traditionally tailored around families, you see people bitching about them. Isn't adult life great?

It's not a holiday if my family members (in particular my mom and sister) aren't bitching about someone else in the family. Sometimes they can barely even make it out of the room with these people before they start. Of course, the men tend to be more straight forward. One thanksgiving my brother called our mom an immature bitch and told her to f-off because he was having a kids-free Christmas party and she had already committed to babysitting my niece that night and didn't know if she could get our grandmother to do it.

s there a easy way to get my pasta/parmesan sauce and still be able to get something somewhat fresh and natural?

Yeah making your own tomato sauce is ridiculously easy (and cheap!) - all you need is tinned or fresh tomatoes, chicken stock, garlic and olive oil (plus salt and pepper obvs). You can add fresh basil and/or parsley if you have it too.  I've been making my tomato sauce from scratch since undergrad. Prego and all the rest of the jarred sauces are nasty as all hell, I don't how how anybody finds them remotely edible. 

expectation

family-photography-holiday-card-indianap

reality

family-fighting1.jpg

This reminds me of when I was a kid and I would do something stupid and my parents would be fighting and one would say "YOU go take care of YOUR daughter!" As if I only belonged to one of them... I'm sure they wouldn't even remember but for some reason that really bothered me as a kid.

I am so over my divorced parents' fussiness over where I spend my time when I'm on vacation over the holidays. Just because I have several weeks off doesn't mean I want to spend every minute with you, and if I choose one of you one day, I am tired of hearing from the other one about why I didn't choose them instead. I am 25 and my sister is 23. We can make our own choices - this is not a custody battle!

also, ragu tastes like shit. 

I remember the first time I scrutinized ingredients of jars of tomato sauce at the grocery store and was astounded. I was trying to find one without sugar/corn syrup/sweeteners and couldn't do it. Read somewhere that 80% of all brands and types sold in the U.S. are made at one facility.

My cousin used troll the comments section of all the posts on Ragu's FB page. Provided some mild amusement for me (and other friends, family members) for 2+ years. He's now banned from their page.  :lol:

I remember the first time I scrutinized ingredients of jars of tomato sauce at the grocery store and was astounded. I was trying to find one without sugar/corn syrup/sweeteners and couldn't do it. Read somewhere that 80% of all brands and types sold in the U.S. are made at one facility.

My cousin used troll the comments section of all the posts on Ragu's FB page. Provided some mild amusement for me (and other friends, family members) for 2+ years. He's now banned from their page.  :lol:

what would he say on their FB page?

Oh and to quote another user: I'm so anxious, I could eat my own arm! ACCEPT ME, SOMEONE. ANYONE. haha. I know I won't hear back until mid March and the wait is killing me...

Definitely feel the same way!  :wacko:

Oh and to quote another user: I'm so anxious, I could eat my own arm! ACCEPT ME, SOMEONE. ANYONE. haha. I know I won't hear back until mid March and the wait is killing me...

I know this post is almost one year old, but to make others' wait easier: last year I've had my first invitation to an interview in early February, and it was to the university that had the latest deadline, at the beginning of January. Lucky me, it was my first choice (together with another one), but because the interview went so well., I chose them over the others. And I love it here.