Acceptances/rejections/funding in MTS/M.A./M.Div for 2014??!!

FandT1

Has anyone heard back from Syracuse? 

I got accepted to the MA program with a concentration in Philosophy of Religion and Theolgy at Claremont Graduate University. I have been rejected from Yale, University of Chicago, and Duke so far, still waiting on Vanderbilt and Princeton along with Drew. Both Vanderbilt and Princeton informed me that I had applied to the wrong programs, so now I'm applying to the MTS program for Vanderbilt and M.Div/MA program for Princeton. At this point I'm happy I've been accepted somewhere, especially since religion wasn't my major in undergrad(it was my minor, though). Still waiting on the last three though.

I was accepted to CGU as well! What have you heard about the program?

Duke offers 45% funding to all accepted students, if I understand correctly. I have a few other offers, most importantly an offer with full funding and tuition elsewhere. That's what made the decision so difficult, but I feel like I need to follow the money despite my love for this program.

I'm trying to decide between HDS (MTS) and Oxford (MPhil). Funding will be the deciding factor; did anyone else apply for the Ertegun Scholarship at Oxford?

Just so you are aware, it is very unlikely that you receive funding at Oxford. I am currently at Oxford for the MSt and have no funding at all. Moreover, coming from Harvard over Oxford, unless you plan on staying at Oxford for the PhD, will be viewed far more favorably by PhD admissions committees in the US. 

Just so you are aware, it is very unlikely that you receive funding at Oxford. I am currently at Oxford for the MSt and have no funding at all. Moreover, coming from Harvard over Oxford, unless you plan on staying at Oxford for the PhD, will be viewed far more favorably by PhD admissions committees in the US. 

I appreciate the advice. I'd only be able to go to Oxford if I am awarded the Ertegun Scholarship, which I know is a very long shot!

I was accepted to CGU as well! What have you heard about the program?

Not but so much, I was thinking about flying out to the open house to learn more. I applied because their faculties' areas of interest matched mine, as well as seeing Claremont show up on the resume's of faculty at the other schools where I had applied.

Edited by Runsta

I got my official letter from ND. Was anyone else's letter weirdly encouraging? What I got has to be a form letter, but it doesn't read like a normal rejection letter.

I got mine this morning too. It's their standard form letter, the same as I got last year when I had the audacity to apply to the PhD program. Whoops!

It is a very encouraging letter - the best rejection letter I got! It's not ME, it's THEM!! :D

Not sure if this means I was rejected. Logged into the admission status portal for Princeton Seminary today. It says "Decision letter has been mailed". There is also a portal for "Admitted students who want to confirm". When I try to log into that it just brings me back to the screen that says "Decision letter has been mailed."  I'm assuming that since there are no options for me to confirm, my letter will be a rejection. Is this a safe assumption?

Anyone have any information on this?

I got a princeton letter in the mail fairly quickly after submitting my application on the deadline. Mine was a rejection letter though, so I'm not sure if I can confirm.

I'm still waiting for my admission packet for CGU, but i've heard back from everyone. I've been accepted into Vanderbilt and Drew now as well as Claremont, and the rest rejected me. I am hoping that the admission packet comes soon though.

So, I accepted the HDS offer online and paid the enrollment deposit. I received the following message:

"Thank you for submitting your enrollment deposit. We are pleased to confirm that your place in the Harvard Divinity School (HDS)  incoming class of Fall 2014 is now secured."

I've also accepted the financial aid offer. Anything else needing to be done at this point in time? Just want to make sure I don't miss a step here before it even begins. Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I’m deciding between Candler (where I received 75% tuition) and YDS (where I received 55% tuition, and where it’s more expensive to live ). YDS has the MARc in Second Temple and John Collins, but the MTS at Candler does have Holladay and Newsom.

However, I’m concerned about Candler’s placement in top tier Ph.D. programs? (Specifically in New Testament/ Early Judaism programs). Should this be a concern? I’ve been hearing different things. 

Is anyone one here familiar with the Second Temple MARc at YDS? 

Hello Everyone,

I’m deciding between Candler (where I received 75% tuition) and YDS (where I received 55% tuition, and where it’s more expensive to live ). YDS has the MARc in Second Temple and John Collins, but the MTS at Candler does have Holladay and Newsom.

However, I’m concerned about Candler’s placement in top tier Ph.D. programs? (Specifically in New Testament/ Early Judaism programs). Should this be a concern? I’ve been hearing different things. 

Is anyone one here familiar with the Second Temple MARc at YDS? 

I'll PM you.

So, I accepted the HDS offer online and paid the enrollment deposit. I received the following message:

"Thank you for submitting your enrollment deposit. We are pleased to confirm that your place in the Harvard Divinity School (HDS)  incoming class of Fall 2014 is now secured."

I've also accepted the financial aid offer. Anything else needing to be done at this point in time? Just want to make sure I don't miss a step here before it even begins. Thanks!

Looks like you're on top of it! Have you started thinking about housing? I'm thinking about it but there's not much to do for the moment except hope for the best.

Anyone get an admission packet from HDS yet?

Mine came today. It has the two letters you already got by email (admissions and financial aid) plus a bunch of stuff that's available online (flyers for Open House, Summer Language Program, a big HDS promotional brochure).

I'll PM you.

Looks like you're on top of it! Have you started thinking about housing? I'm thinking about it but there's not much to do for the moment except hope for the best.

Mine came today. It has the two letters you already got by email (admissions and financial aid) plus a bunch of stuff that's available online (flyers for Open House, Summer Language Program, a big HDS promotional brochure).

I need to get on the housing situation. You?

And yeah I just got the admission packet today. Rather boring.

Edited by Averroes MD

I'm trying to decide between HDS (MTS) and Oxford (MPhil). Funding will be the deciding factor; did anyone else apply for the Ertegun Scholarship at Oxford?

You've heard back? I have yet to hear back from Oxford. I applied to the MPhil and haven't heard anything. I keep checking the website and nothing has changed.

Is this odd?

You've heard back? I have yet to hear back from Oxford. I applied to the MPhil and haven't heard anything. I keep checking the website and nothing has changed.

Is this odd?

I haven't heard back for the DPhil yet, which is essentially an application to the MTS as well. I emailed them last night, so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I'd suggest sending the department an email. I'm expecting a rejection at this point though--I think most people have heard back.

Edited by RedDoor

• 2 weeks later...