New York/New Jersey Area

Arcanelady27 - 

When you spoke to someone at Brooklyn College did you call the admissions number or did you call another one?

I called the graduate admissions number. You can also email the graduate fellows.

I called the graduate admissions number. You can also email the graduate fellows.

Thank you! I called the office and the person I spoke to said that my application is still in the department and being reviewed but she didn't know how long it would take to hear back :( Just getting anxious since so many people know already! 

Thank you! I called the office and the person I spoke to said that my application is still in the department and being reviewed but she didn't know how long it would take to hear back :( Just getting anxious since so many people know already! 

The gentleman, I spoke with yesterday, basically said the same thing. When was your interview?

The gentleman, I spoke with yesterday, basically said the same thing. When was your interview?

My interview was almost exactly a month ago. I believe I had one of the first interview dates so I thought I would have received a decision by now. 

My interview was almost exactly a month ago. I believe I had one of the first interview dates so I thought I would have received a decision by now. 

I really hope you receive an acceptance soon!  The CUNYs all move at their own pace. 

Today I found out that I got into Queens College, my absolute TOP choice! I could not be more elated! I will be declining my spot at Adelphi, Teachers College, NYU, and Hofstra so hopefully that frees up some spots for everyone else. Good luck!

i havent heard anything from brooklyn or queens yet.

it this a bad sign?? no interview or anything..... im preparing for the worst - a year working and living at home, trying to save money, which might not be the worst thing in the world.

Today I found out that I got into Queens College, my absolute TOP choice! I could not be more elated! I will be declining my spot at Adelphi, Teachers College, NYU, and Hofstra so hopefully that frees up some spots for everyone else. Good luck!

Congrats goingtobeslp13! How did they notify you? And do you recall when your interview was?

Sorry to hear that Arcanelady27. I am rooting you get into Brooklyn!!!

At this point I am going crazy waiting to hear back from Mercy. Anybody else? lol

BriGirl,

Yes! I'm going crazy too. Mercy is my first choice and I interviewed March 20.

I'm sending in my admissions deposit to East Stroudsburg University tomorrow! After they receive it I will be declining Montclair's offer. Hopefully that will help someone here on the waitlist :)

Edited by flnjslp

Congrats goingtobeslp13! How did they notify you? And do you recall when your interview was?

Thanks! They called me and then followed up with an email. My interview was last week.

Congratulations!!! Can you share any info you know about Adelphi, NYU, and Teachers College...good or bad?

I've heard fantastic things about both Adelphi and Teachers College - they were actually the 2 schools I was deciding between in case I hadn't gotten into Queens. I haven't heard anything very good or very bad about NYU. Honestly, I don't know much about their program. I have friends at each Adelphi and TC and both are really happy with their choices to go to their respective schools.

Thank you! Would it be possible to email your friends at Adelphi and Teachers College/ can you possibly post their thoughts on both schools and how they like it.

I asked them both a lot of questions when I was trying to decide. Both have absolutely raved about their professors (I know the one at Adelphi said that her professors sometimes call her on the phone to talk about how everything is going, etc). Adelphi will not let you start clinic first semester unless you majored in CSD in undegrad (even if you've done all your prereqs) but TC does. Adelphi has 2 in house practicum and 2 externships, TC has 2+ in house practicum and 3 externships. Adelphi is a 5 semester program, TC is 6+. My friend at TC says there is a big emphasis on multiculturalism and bilingualism (even though she herself is not bilingual). Hope this helps! If you email the admissions offices or SLP department at either school, I'm sure they would be happy to put you in touch with a current grad student to answer questions.

So, I was bold and called Brooklyn College's SLP dept. 

I asked if they were done with the admission process. I was told no, they are not. :unsure:

I was told I must wait for them to contact me. I could not get application status on phone.  Maybe that is for the best...

So, I was bold and called Brooklyn College's SLP dept.

I asked if they were done with the admission process. I was told no, they are not. :unsure:

I was told I must wait for them to contact me. I could not get application status on phone. Maybe that is for the best...

I was so tempted to call as well. At least they said they're not done with the admission process! I wish they had given you a time period but perhaps they don't even know themselves! Thank you for the information.

I was so tempted to call as well. At least they said they're not done with the admission process! I wish they had given you a time period but perhaps they don't even know themselves! Thank you for the information.

Smrv, 

I was told by the grad admissions office, they can technically accept students up until the day before classes begin :o

Edited by Arcanelady27

Smrv,

I was told by the grad admissions office, they can technically accept students up until the day before classes begin :o

Ah that's a long time to wait! I'm just guessing that Brooklyn has just sent out their 1st wave of acceptances and once those applicants send in a decision they'll send out more acceptances. Just a guess! But that way maybe we'll hear more after April 15th? That's if April 15th is the deposit date for Brooklyn