New York/New Jersey Area

I think that's a good idea, I might apply to Lehman for the Spring. The graduate director said he would take a better look at me if I had higher GRE scores, but he said my volunteer experience wouldn't hold so much weight. Mind you, I haven't even told him what I was volunteering for, he just flat out said "nope" (I could have been working with ASHA as an awesome research contributor for all he knows...loll) but he said it didn't matter. I like that he was honest, hopefully you receive the some feedback regarding your application.

I'm not looking forward to studying for the GRE again. My face is clear, but probably just mentioning GRE I might get one pimple tomorrow..loll

LOL, I despise the GRE! Interesting, thanks for that information. Maybe, I won't do volunteer work. I will just stick my nose in GRE books . The good news is I have time to get the score I want/need. I think I may take again sometime in June. By then, I should know something from Brooklyn College. 

I was just rejected from Lehman College. I am really not shocked at this point. I do not think I was meant to be there anyway.  -_-

Sorry about Lehman College  :( Hopefully everything works out with you for Brooklyn College! I'm waiting to hear back from Brooklyn as well!

Sorry about Lehman College  :( Hopefully everything works out with you for Brooklyn College! I'm waiting to hear back from Brooklyn as well!

Thanks smrv  :)

I hope you receive good news from Brooklyn College soon!

Ah someone just got an acceptance email from Brooklyn College! I checked the website but mine still says under review. Hoping to find out something today. Good luck to all those that applied!

Ah someone just got an acceptance email from Brooklyn College! I checked the website but mine still says under review. Hoping to find out something today. Good luck to all those that applied![/quote

Awesome! Good luck to you!

Has anyone heard back from Hunter who had an interview with them?!

I have. I was accepted on March 24 via email, got a letter a few days later. My interview was on the 11th. Did you call to find out your status?

Sorry to hear that Arcanelady27. I am rooting you get into Brooklyn!!!

At this point I am going crazy waiting to hear back from Mercy. Anybody else? lol

Anyone know anything about Kean??? Soooo stressed

I think last year Kean sent out decisions around the second week of April so we should be hearing something soon from them :)

I have not heard anything from Brooklyn College. Should I still be hopeful at this point?

I'm in the same boat. It seems like quite a few people posted that they got in today. I'm praying that they didn't send out all the acceptances in one batch. 

i just checked my enrollment status for brooklyn and saw I did not get in :( i never received an email or anything to check i just looked and saw my decision

Sorry to hear that Arcanelady27. I am rooting you get into Brooklyn!!!

At this point I am going crazy waiting to hear back from Mercy. Anybody else? lol

Thanks BriGirl! I am hoping no news is good news.

I'm in the same boat. It seems like quite a few people posted that they got in today. I'm praying that they didn't send out all the acceptances in one batch. 

Yes, I spoke to someone at Brooklyn College.

He said they are still reviewing applications. He said perhaps they go through all applications a first time, then go through again until all candidates are selected.

If you have not heard back yet, it does not mean rejection or acceptance/interview. 

He told me it was very competitive (something we know). 

Never mind, I just checked the portal and saw that my status had been updated... rejected. Really bummed, Brooklyn was one of my top choices. Oh well, everything happens for a reason, right? 

Yes, I spoke to someone at Brooklyn College.

He said they are still reviewing applications. He said perhaps they go through all applications a first time, then go through again until all candidates are selected.

If you have not heard back yet, it does not mean rejection or acceptance/interview. 

He told me it was very competitive (something we know). 

Thanks for this info! My portal still says under review. I've already had an interview with Brooklyn so I'm hoping that I will be receiving some news this week. I wish the best of luck to you! Hopefully it will be good news for the both of us :)

Thanks for this info! My portal still says under review. I've already had an interview with Brooklyn so I'm hoping that I will be receiving some news this week. I wish the best of luck to you! Hopefully it will be good news for the both of us :)

You are most welcome! Thanks for the well wishes! 

Best of luck to you! 

Never mind, I just checked the portal and saw that my status had been updated... rejected. Really bummed, Brooklyn was one of my top choices. Oh well, everything happens for a reason, right? 

So sorry Nyslp2b  :(

I really hope you get into Queens though..I hear they have a stellar program! 

Any information on the following programs in New York would be much appreciated! Now is crunch time and I really have to sit down and make my final decision, weighing the pros and cons of each school:

Adelphi

NYU

Columbia

Touro College

LIU Brooklyn

Brooklyn college

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and good luck to everyoe :)

Any information on the following programs in New York would be much appreciated! Now is crunch time and I really have to sit down and make my final decision, weighing the pros and cons of each school:

Adelphi

NYU

Columbia

Touro College

LIU Brooklyn

Brooklyn college

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and good luck to everyoe :)

I have not heard good things about Touro.

Thank you so much arcanelady27! I really appreciate the honest feedback.

Can anyone else share information (positive or negative) about NYU, Columbia, Adelphi, Brooklyn college, LIU Brooklyn, and Touro College? Thanks