New York/New Jersey Area

After getting on the blow horn at Lehman College on the mishandling of my application and unfair interview I received for Spring 2014, I was granted another interview. This is really bittersweet. If I get in, and happen to get into Brooklyn College. I think I may head to Brooklyn College. 

That's GREAT Arcanelady27!! I hope you don't see that discouraging professor and really knock it outta the park. You deserve it!! Good Luck!! :)

That's GREAT Arcanelady27!! I hope you don't see that discouraging professor and really knock it outta the park. You deserve it!! Good Luck!! :)

Thanks so much LDadvocate! Your words have meant a lot to me during this stressful process.  :)

I wish you the best! Keep me posted on your progress! I know you will be a SLP. You have the drive and right attitude! 

I just received a call from Monmouth University. I've FINALLY been ACCEPTED!  I've never felt so much relief and excitement in my entire life!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Soccer2grl,

Mercy as of now is my first choice of program, granted that I get in! I had an interview as well. I know three people who went there and loved it, had wonderful experiences and are loving what they do now. Hope that is somewhat helpful. Good luck!

I interviewed last Thursday. After my interview they said we'd know back by April 15th, but I am hoping we hear back much sooner!

After getting on the blow horn at Lehman College on the mishandling of my application and unfair interview I received for Spring 2014, I was granted another interview. This is really bittersweet. If I get in, and happen to get into Brooklyn College. I think I may head to Brooklyn College. 

@Arcanelady27 - good for you!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me to hear, because I received the same shabby treatment from Lehman. I got a form letter telling me my application was incomplete, even though I had submitted everything well on time. I emailed the dept. and called during business hours (no one picked up) and left a message, and received no reply. Then last night I get another email telling me I won't be considered because my complete application wasn't received on time. What total BS. I sent a strongly worded email to the person who sent me the email, detailing what had happened. What a shock...no response. Luckily I've already gotten a couple of acceptances, so I don't think I'll be bothering with them anymore.

Anyway, I hope it really goes well for you, and that you have to choose between Lehman or Brooklyn when you get into BOTH!!!

@Arcanelady27 - good for you!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me to hear, because I received the same shabby treatment from Lehman. I got a form letter telling me my application was incomplete, even though I had submitted everything well on time. I emailed the dept. and called during business hours (no one picked up) and left a message, and received no reply. Then last night I get another email telling me I won't be considered because my complete application wasn't received on time. What total BS. I sent a strongly worded email to the person who sent me the email, detailing what had happened. What a shock...no response. Luckily I've already gotten a couple of acceptances, so I don't think I'll be bothering with them anymore.

Anyway, I hope it really goes well for you, and that you have to choose between Lehman or Brooklyn when you get into BOTH!!!

Thanks, TheRealMSol!  Your words of encouragement are very comforting during this stressful time of waiting.  :)

What is terrible is you give them 125 dollars and you think your application will processed properly! It is quite unbelievable! 

How was your interview at Brooklyn College if you already went? I have not heard from them yet. 

Thanks, TheRealMSol!  Your words of encouragement are very comforting during this stressful time of waiting.   :)

What is terrible is you give them 125 dollars and you think your application will be processed properly! It is quite unbelievable! 

How was your interview at Brooklyn College if you already went? I have not heard from them yet. 

Edited by Arcanelady27

Anyone hear from or know anything about Kean yet???

I applied to Kean too but haven't heard anything. From what I gather they usually send out decisions pretty late but hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Thanks, TheRealMSol!  Your words of encouragement are very comforting during this stressful time of waiting.   :)

What is terrible is you give them 125 dollars and you think your application will be processed properly! It is quite unbelievable! 

I have my interview with them next week, so I know they're going til at least the end of the month. Hope you hear in the next few days!

I have my interview with them next week, so I know they're going til at least the end of the month. Hope you hear in the next few days!

Thanks! Good Luck on the interview! I hope you get in. They have a great program. 

I applied to Kean too but haven't heard anything. From what I gather they usually send out decisions pretty late but hopefully we'll hear something soon!

I called Kean today asking about their notification schedule, they confirmed that no notifications had gone out yet, and since they were on Spring Break last week, perhaps Graduate Admissions processing took a back seat for awhile.  My own application status was still "under review" when the woman looked it up.  So ... Kean is looking like an April notification ... same as what another poster here said in another thread about 2013.

And as for WPU - also called today (finally got someone to answer the phone) and they've been on Spring Break this past week, so hopefully things will pick up speed next week.

I am still waiting to hear from Mercy. I had my interview at Lehman yesterday, I don't think it went very well so I am not counting on that program any longer. Is anyone else waiting to hear from Mercy before making any choices?

I called Kean today asking about their notification schedule, they confirmed that no notifications had gone out yet, and since they were on Spring Break last week, perhaps Graduate Admissions processing took a back seat for awhile. My own application status was still "under review" when the woman looked it up. So ... Kean is looking like an April notification ... same as what another poster here said in another thread about 2013.

And as for WPU - also called today (finally got someone to answer the phone) and they've been on Spring Break this past week, so hopefully things will pick up speed next week.

Thanks for the info on Kean! Guess we have some more waiting to do!

On topic for NY schools - anyone hear any updates out of St. John's?  Compared to the 2013 notifications logged in this forum for them, seems like they're notifying much later in 2014 for some reason... I doubt it (since all northeast schools are so competitive now), but did a lot of people give up on even applying cause of that program administrator whom is reportedly such a hard woman on the GRE scores and in general, is so challenging and difficult (as stated in earlier posts here)?  If what one of the earlier posters said about GRE scores and that woman are true, I might as well not worry too much on hearing anything positive back from them... Is the St. John's program THAT good, or is that just what THEY feel?

On topic for NY schools - anyone hear any updates out of St. John's?  Compared to the 2013 notifications logged in this forum for them, seems like they're notifying much later in 2014 for some reason... I doubt it (since all northeast schools are so competitive now), but did a lot of people give up on even applying cause of that program administrator whom is reportedly such a hard woman on the GRE scores and in general, is so challenging and difficult (as stated in earlier posts here)?  If what one of the earlier posters said about GRE scores and that woman are true, I might as well not worry too much on hearing anything positive back from them... Is the St. John's program THAT good, or is that just what THEY feel?

Still waiting to hear from St. John's too. Every school seems to have its own thing, and I guess at SJU, it's GRE scores. I'd say mine are good, but not like, outstanding. So we'll see. From what I've seen, SJU is ranked right alongside Queens and Hunter, and below some of the more prestigious schools like Columbia and NYU, which I didn't ever bother applying to ($$$). Hopefully we'll hear soon either way, April is right around the corner!

Ah the suspense is killing me :( good luck to you too!

I called Kean today asking about their notification schedule, they confirmed that no notifications had gone out yet, and since they were on Spring Break last week, perhaps Graduate Admissions processing took a back seat for awhile. My own application status was still "under review" when the woman looked it up. So ... Kean is looking like an April notification ... same as what another poster here said in another thread about 2013.

Thanks for the info!!! That was really helpful. Good luck to you