New York/New Jersey Area

My mind is telling me to give up on Lehman because of the terrible treatment I received while taking classes there, but my heart tells me I should try one more time. If I do not get into Brooklyn College, I may reapply to Lehman for Spring 2015.

Nah I didn't apply to other CUNYs, to be honest, I have a feeling I know what needs to be done to strengthen my application. This year I had a lot of doubt and it affected me tremendously. I'm looking into plan B but I wont stop for speech. It's like the love of your life that you can never forget. ..loll I hope you hear good news Arcanelady27

Thanks LDadvcate! 

Was Brooklyn the only school you applied? 

I feel like SLP is my calling. LOL Yes, I agree with you! It is like the love of your life that you can never forget! I am an older applicant, but not too old. LOL I refuse to do what I am doing now for the next 30 plus years! LOL 

After getting on the blow horn at Lehman College on the mishandling of my application and unfair interview I received for Spring 2014, I was granted another interview. This is really bittersweet. If I get in, and happen to get into Brooklyn College. I think I may head to Brooklyn College. 

After getting on the blow horn at Lehman College on the mishandling of my application and unfair interview I received for Spring 2014, I was granted another interview. This is really bittersweet. If I get in, and happen to get into Brooklyn College. I think I may head to Brooklyn College. 

You deserve a fair chance! Even if you get into Brooklyn, you will at least be given what you are entitled to from Lehman, and then you'll get a chance to make a decision. Good luck! :)

Than

You deserve a fair chance! Even if you get into Brooklyn, you will at least be given what you are entitled to from Lehman, and then you'll get a chance to make a decision. Good luck! :)

Thanks daisynic...I almost feel they will deny me out of spite, but at least I let them know they were wrong!

I just received a call from Monmouth University. I've FINALLY been ACCEPTED!  I've never felt so much relief and excitement in my entire life!

Congratulations!

I was rejected from Brooklyn college, no email. Upset but I saw it coming, I'm okay about it and just looking to beef up my application

Same. I just happened to check the portal today and saw it there. 

Thanks LDadvcate! 

Was Brooklyn the only school you applied? 

I feel like SLP is my calling. LOL Yes, I agree with you! It is like the love of your life that you can never forget! I am an older applicant, but not too old. LOL I refuse to do what I am doing now for the next 30 plus years! LOL 

If you feel like this is your calling then I agree, don't give up on it! I know this is the only thing I want to do so if I don't get in this year I'll def be applying again next year. I'll just have to find a way to strengthen my application. 

Brooklyn's out for me but I really hope they see your passion and grant you admission! 

I just received a call from Monmouth University. I've FINALLY been ACCEPTED!  I've never felt so much relief and excitement in my entire life!

Congratulations!! I can only imagine how that must feel :)

If you feel like this is your calling then I agree, don't give up on it! I know this is the only thing I want to do so if I don't get in this year I'll def be applying again next year. I'll just have to find a way to strengthen my application. 

Brooklyn's out for me but I really hope they see your passion and grant you admission!

Thanks Ssen!

I just know you'll get admission this year! No waiting until next year for you!

I see a couple of acceptances to SUNY New Paltz. I'm really nervous now it's my dream school!!!! Ahhhh I haven't received anything yet. I'm hoping and praying!

I see a couple of acceptances to SUNY New Paltz. I'm really nervous now it's my dream school!!!! Ahhhh I haven't received anything yet. I'm hoping and praying!

I'm waiting too and I'm super nervous! Good luck  :)

Thanks Ssen!

I just know you'll get admission this year! No waiting until next year for you!

Thanks! I sure hope so!

I got a call from Seton Hall so naturally my heart starts racing. Turns out it was the alumni association asking me to volunteer for their freshman preview weekend. I need to find a way to not be so on edge.

I don't know why I even got excited. My friend told me SHU's program is up for re-accreditation so that's their main focus right now and I shouldn't expect to hear anything for a while. -Passing this on to anyone else who applied there! 

Thanks! I sure hope so!

I got a call from Seton Hall so naturally my heart starts racing. Turns out it was the alumni association asking me to volunteer for their freshman preview weekend. I need to find a way to not be so on edge.

I don't know why I even got excited. My friend told me SHU's program is up for re-accreditation so that's their main focus right now and I shouldn't expect to hear anything for a while. -Passing this on to anyone else who applied there!

Thanks for this info! I've been wondering why no has heard from SHU yet.

On a side note I just received an acceptance from SUNY New Paltz and am extremely excited since this is the first school I have heard from! Wishing everyone else who applied there luck!

Thanks for this info! I've been wondering why no has heard from SHU yet.

On a side note I just received an acceptance from SUNY New Paltz and am extremely excited since this is the first school I have heard from! Wishing everyone else who applied there luck!

No problem and congratulations!! :) 

While on the topic of NJ schools - does anyone know when Kean plans to send out notifications (at least in larger numbers)?  Their app deadline was 2/03 and there are only a couple of updates on this site, both rejections (by snail mail, no less)... I looked all over the Web and found zero about Kean's expected schedule to let us all know.

Just about all the other NJ SLP Grad schools are being talked about in more detail here by more people ... (SHU and it's re-accreditation and typically late notifications, Montclair State having just concluded its App deadline on 3/01, WPU's "rounds" of email notifications having begun, Stockton has been notifying and requesting interviews, Monmouth being recently accredited).

I did read some really good things about the Kean program in this forum .... from posts made in 2013.

While on the topic of NJ schools - does anyone know when Kean plans to send out notifications (at least in larger numbers)?  Their app deadline was 2/03 and there are only a couple of updates on this site, both rejections (by snail mail, no less)... I looked all over the Web and found zero about Kean's expected schedule to let us all know.

Just about all the other NJ SLP Grad schools are being talked about in more detail here by more people ... (SHU and it's re-accreditation and typically late notifications, Montclair State having just concluded its App deadline on 3/01, WPU's "rounds" of email notifications having begun, Stockton has been notifying and requesting interviews, Monmouth being recently accredited).

I did read some really good things about the Kean program in this forum .... from posts made in 2013.

I looked back on the decision board and it looks like Kean didn't start to send out notifications until early April last year so it looks like we still have a little while to go before we will hear anything. It unfortunately seems like NY and NJ schools seem to notify later than schools in other areas