New York/New Jersey Area

@Stephanie2323... it does seem that way... lol

Speaking of local schools, I noticed that Iona up in New Rochelle, NY also offers an MA in CSD... but Iona seems rarely spoken about in these forums... but is that cause they're also in the process of seeking accreditation (per their web site)?  Just an assumption.

If I whiff on all my applications this time around, I was thinking of applying there next time, as they're not as far from my home as some of the LI schools are... 

Comments anyone?

Edited by Greyhound111

I am still waiting to hear from Mercy. I had my interview at Lehman yesterday, I don't think it went very well so I am not counting on that program any longer. Is anyone else waiting to hear from Mercy before making any choices?

Aww why don't you think it went well?  What was Mercy like?

As I prepare for my interview at Lehman College, I can't help to think what is taking Brooklyn College so long? 

BC has an online grad admissions chat tomorrow I plan on attending. Maybe, I will get some insight.

As I prepare for my interview at Lehman College, I can't help to think what is taking Brooklyn College so long?

BC has an online grad admissions chat tomorrow I plan on attending. Maybe, I will get some insight.

I've seen people post that they recieved an email saying that it could take 6 more weeks. I did not receive that email but I was interviewed about a month ago. The grad student I met there said that it's usually 2-3 weeks after your interview that you'll hear back but I still haven't heard anything! And 6 more weeks is a really long time to wait! If you hear anything let me know!

Good luck on your interviews!!!!

I've seen people post that they recieved an email saying that it could take 6 more weeks. I did not receive that email but I was interviewed about a month ago. The grad student I met there said that it's usually 2-3 weeks after your interview that you'll hear back but I still haven't heard anything! And 6 more weeks is a really long time to wait! If you hear anything let me know!

Good luck on your interviews!!!!

Thanks! If I get information, I'll pass it along!

bkjo21,

I just PMed you about Mercy. As for Lehman, the interview was going well then I was asked two questions about language disorders, which I didn't think I answered terribly, but the second question was so specific I was thrown for a loop. They asked me what my GPA was immediately afterwards, needless to say I felt like such an idiot. The interview was supposed to be 15 minutes, I'd be surprised if it was 7. Oh well, just glad that experience is over haha!

Also to everyone on this thread - I have received acceptances but not any mention about funding. I see on other threads, particularly in relationship to larger universities that people are immediately notified about funding/ grad assistant opportunity. Is it strange I haven't received any such news?

Thanks and good luck guys (or more often gals) :P

I would love to get in touch with some current NYU SLP students if at all possible! If any of you still lurk these boards, please PM me! Or if any of you SLPeeps know of anyone I would love to ask some questions! 

Thank you!!! 

thanks, 

i didnt apply their for spring, yet i have for queens, brooklyn, hunter and suny new paltz and fredonia. i was rejected from hunter and wait listed from fredonia. Im def feeling the stress!!

thanks, 

i didnt apply their for spring, yet i have for queens, brooklyn, hunter and suny new paltz and fredonia. i was rejected from hunter and wait listed from fredonia. Im def feeling the stress!!

Brooklyn, Queens, and Hunter only have Fall admission.

I just called Adelphi today and found out I was accepted! I applied to their Manhattan Center Sunday program. Did anyone else get accepted there or know more about this program? I feel like it could be a good option because I could probably keep my part-time job while going to school which would be nice!

I was looking to the Manhattan program for Adelphi as well. The reason I didn't apply was because even though they say it's Sundays in Manhattan, you still have to go to Long Island during the week for on-campus clinic. Since I would have been commuting from NJ, it didn't make sense to make the trip all the way from there to LI.

I was looking to the Manhattan program for Adelphi as well. The reason I didn't apply was because even though they say it's Sundays in Manhattan, you still have to go to Long Island during the week for on-campus clinic. Since I would have been commuting from NJ, it didn't make sense to make the trip all the way from there to LI.

I wasn't aware that I'd have to go Long Island for clinicals during the week! Thanks for the info!

@Arcanelady27

Did you attend the Brooklyn graduate admissions chat? Did they say anything about when to expect decisions from the speech program?

@Arcanelady27

Did you attend the Brooklyn graduate admissions chat? Did they say anything about when to expect decisions from the speech program?

She told me it can take up to 8 weeks. They are still reviewing applications.   :mellow:

She told me it can take up to 8 weeks. They are still reviewing applications.   :mellow:

That's insane! I was waiting on Brooklyn to make a decision about other schools but I guess I'm going to have to put a deposit down on another school first which really sucks. I thought all programs had to let us know a decision by April 15th? Or have I been misinformed?

That's insane! I was waiting on Brooklyn to make a decision about other schools but I guess I'm going to have to put a deposit down on another school first which really sucks. I thought all programs had to let us know a decision by April 15th? Or have I been misinformed?

I thought that if the school is giving you some kind of financial assistance then they must inform you by April 15th.  If the school is not, then they do not have to abide by the April 15th deadline.

I thought that if the school is giving you some kind of financial assistance then they must inform you by April 15th. If the school is not, then they do not have to abide by the April 15th deadline.

Ah ok thank you!

Found this link which explains "April 15th" - https://www.cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution (this is posted in other threads here, so it's not new from me).

From what (I think) that link also says, if you accept an admissions offer prior to April 15th, the offer becomes binding, once April 15th passes ...

Now's making more sense how schools can drag this process out pretty much as long as they feel, considering some of the horror stories in other threads about May and June acceptances, or even longer, especially when wait lists are factored into the larger picture.  It's simple supply and demand for the schools, and a business for them as well...

I would love to get in touch with some current NYU SLP students if at all possible! If any of you still lurk these boards, please PM me! Or if any of you SLPeeps know of anyone I would love to ask some questions! 

Thank you!!! 

LMZ, I concur! 

Found this link which explains "April 15th" - https://www.cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution (this is posted in other threads here, so it's not new from me).

From what (I think) that link also says, if you accept an admissions offer prior to April 15th, the offer becomes binding, once April 15th passes ...

Now's making more sense how schools can drag this process out pretty much as long as they feel, considering some of the horror stories in other threads about May and June acceptances, or even longer, especially when wait lists are factored into the larger picture.  It's simple supply and demand for the schools, and a business for them as well...

Thanks! I agree, that helped make the process make more sense (unfortunately it still doesn't calm my nerves :/) 

And my friend said that Seton Hall's first wave should go out soon!

Thanks! I agree, that helped make the process make more sense (unfortunately it still doesn't calm my nerves :/)

And my friend said that Seton Hall's first wave should go out soon!

Happy to hear about Seton Hall! It's one of the schools I'm waiting still waiting to hear from and I've heard great things about their program!