New York/New Jersey Area

Just accepted to St. Rose! :) woooo! first acceptance :)

Congrats!! You can finally take some relief in that while continuing this waiting game for your other schools :) 

Thank you Ssen and smrv! It is SUCH a relief to finally have an acceptance. Just to know that I can stop worrying about a Plan B is absolutely priceless. Good luck to both of you! I have a feeling many of us will get some good news this week after all this waiting!

I was just denied admission to Lehman College. It is funny because I received an interview for the Spring 2014 session and flat out denied this time around.

My application was still in the admissions office the same day people were being granted interviews. 

Lehman has left a sour taste in my mouth. I will not reapply. 

It is Brooklyn College or bust for me. 

I may have to rethink this career path if I do not get accepted to a CUNY. I simply can not afford thousands of dollars in student loans again at a private university. I already own over 80K in loans. I would be stupid to take out another 60K.

Edited by Arcanelady27

@Ssen - June? Wow, was your friend wait-listed first? Talk about driving someone up a wall indeed - what's the Grad school equivalent of "May 1" for undergrads each year ? Or is there not one?

Regarding local NY/NJ schools - I don't see too many people mentioning Monmouth... Is that cause their program is new and not accredited yet?

I'm so glad there is not much talk about Monmouth!! Hope few applied ☺

Arcanelady27 I am really sorry to hear that happened with Lehman. It is awful, especially since the school didn't correctly process your application, and that was completely out of your control! Good luck with Brooklyn College :)

Arcanelady27 I am really sorry to hear that happened with Lehman. It is awful, especially since the school didn't correctly process your application, and that was completely out of your control! Good luck with Brooklyn College :)

Thank you BriGirl good luck on your interview with Lehman!  :)

@catieladner, I was accepted to Sacred Heart! I'm not 100% sure if I'm going yet because I am still waiting to hear back from a few schools. Are you going?!

I am! I am doing my undergrad there right now and I absolutely LOVE all of the professors so I will be staying!  :)

@catielaner, oh that's awesome!! Good to hear because I don't know much about the program. I interviewed with Ariana and Dr. Paul and they both were extremely nice. Are you living in an apartment near campus or are you commuting?

I was just denied admission to Lehman College. It is funny because I received an interview for the Spring 2014 session and flat out denied this time around.

My application was still in the admissions office the same day people were being granted interviews. 

I may have to rethink this career path if I do not get accepted to a CUNY. I simply can not afford thousands of dollars in student loans again at a private university. I already own over 80K in loans. I would be stupid to take out another 60K.

I'm sorry about what happened with Lehman but I hope Brooklyn works out for you!! Keep faith  :)  (even though I know it's hard to  :wacko: )

Thank you Ssen and smrv! It is SUCH a relief to finally have an acceptance. Just to know that I can stop worrying about a Plan B is absolutely priceless. Good luck to both of you! I have a feeling many of us will get some good news this week after all this waiting!

Thanks! I hope so because I haven't even begun to think up a plan b yet -_-

Seriously, what is up with all of the rejections from Hunter College? I got into NYU (which was one of my reach schools/at the top of my list) yet rejected from CUNY Hunter, where I'd applied thinking it would be a good safety/middle of the list type of school. I've seen an overwhelming number of posts on this NJ/NY forum where people have indicated that Hunter rejected them, too. Is it really that selective?

Hunter only accepts about 7% of applicants. All the CUNYs are really competitive. NYU accepts around 30%. I think the biggest reason for this difference is the cost of tuition.

I'm sorry about what happened with Lehman but I hope Brooklyn works out for you!! Keep faith  :)  (even though I know it's hard to  :wacko: )

Thanks SSen

I am trying to be optimistic. 

I have not heard back from Brooklyn College. I do not know how to interpret that! 

Hunter only accepts about 7% of applicants. All the CUNYs are really competitive. NYU accepts around 30%. I think the biggest reason for this difference is the cost of tuition.

That's a very good point about the tuition. Are you going to the admitted students event at NYU on April 3rd, lisa19?

Hey Arcanelady27, I'm sorry to hear about Lehman college. It's good to know they didn't reject you because of your credentials but rather their handling of your application. If you got a interview before, I wouldn't give up on it if you applied again. I also received the same news from one college, they did not receive one of my transcripts and therefore had to forfeit my application. I was upset at the moment but it's a lesson to be cautious of the next time around. Stick with your dreams, don't give up!

Hey Arcanelady27, I'm sorry to hear about Lehman college. It's good to know they didn't reject you because of your credentials but rather their handling of your application. If you got a interview before, I wouldn't give up on it if you applied again. I also received the same news from one college, they did not receive one of my transcripts and therefore had to forfeit my application. I was upset at the moment but it's a lesson to be cautious of the next time around. Stick with your dreams, don't give up!

LDadvocate, 

I do not know why I was rejected this time around to be honest. They said in the letter they looked at my application thoroughly and denied me admission.

My application was complete all along.