New York/New Jersey Area

And my friend said that Seton Hall's first wave should go out soon!

@Ssen - my understanding is via postal mail sent mid-April.  And as per another post in this thread, a very low acceptance rate (considering the demand they received in terms of # of applications) ... 

Edited by Greyhound111

@Ssen - my understanding is via postal mail sent the 1st two weeks in April. And as per another post in this thread, a very low acceptance rate (considering the demand they received in terms of # of applications) ...

They're sending it through mail this year? The previous year they seemed to call so I've been waiting for a call!

But I've also heard that they have a low acceptance rate. However, I may be wrong about this but I remember somebody telling me that their wait list move along pretty nicely most likely because of the expense of the program so to not get too discouraged if you're wait listed. But I imagine that would change from year to year depending on the applicants.

Edited by smrv

They're sending it through mail this year? The previous year they seemed to call so I've been waiting for a call!

But I've also heard that they have a low acceptance rate. However, I may be wrong about this but I remember somebody telling me that their wait list move along pretty nicely most likely because of the expense of the program so to not get too discouraged if you're wait listed. But I imagine that would change from year to year depending on the applicants.

@smrv - Yes, I am pretty sure that is what I was told when I called - US mail - and I think they said that was for either an acceptance, wait list or rejection (which would be a lot of postage! lol).  Also I edited my post above cause I got Seton Hall confused with another school that definitely said 1st two weeks of April... Seton Hall wasn't as specific on that, hence... the mid-April target.  

The way these Graduate programs seem to do their own thing to get down to the perfect student body that they want, I wouldn't be surprised if they change their minds and make phone calls instead like you say! Ha!  The SHU accept rate is low cause of the undegrads already there continuing on into the Graduate program...similar to what I think someone also said about WPU.  With those reserved spots "gone" from the rest of us, the accept rate gets into the really microscopic range, like some of the 'elite' NYC programs (NYU. Columbia).

@smrv - Yes, I am pretty sure that is what I was told when I called - US mail - and I think they said that was for either an acceptance, wait list or rejection (which would be a lot of postage! lol). Also I edited my post above cause I got Seton Hall confused with another school that definitely said 1st two weeks of April... Seton Hall wasn't as specific on that, hence... the mid-April target.

The way these Graduate programs seem to do their own thing to get down to the perfect student body that they want, I wouldn't be surprised if they change their minds and make phone calls instead like you say! Ha! The SHU accept rate is low cause of the undegrads already there continuing on into the Graduate program...similar to what I think someone also said about WPU. With those reserved spots "gone" from the rest of us, the accept rate gets into the really microscopic range, like some of the 'elite' NYC programs (NYU. Columbia).

Haha yes I've seen posts where one person is told one thing and another person is told a totally different thing from the same school! They seem to always be changing their minds! I just hope to know soon from the rest of my schools because honestly not sure where I will decide to go! I know this is a good problem to have but it's confusing still. It would be easy if they all got back to us before April 15th but I guess that would be just too easy! Lol we'll just have to try to be patient for now :)

Found this link which explains "April 15th" - https://www.cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution (this is posted in other threads here, so it's not new from me).

From what (I think) that link also says, if you accept an admissions offer prior to April 15th, the offer becomes binding, once April 15th passes ...

Now's making more sense how schools can drag this process out pretty much as long as they feel, considering some of the horror stories in other threads about May and June acceptances, or even longer, especially when wait lists are factored into the larger picture.  It's simple supply and demand for the schools, and a business for them as well...

This post REALLY had me scared, because I accepted an offer with a very early deposit date, but am expecting to hear back from my top choice schools within the next few weeks. But, I actually found this little piece of information on another post!

"The Council of Graduate Schools really only covers offers of "financial aid" (TAships, fellowships, etc..not student loans). They DO NOT cover offers of admission. You do not need to ask for a release at all. You owe them nothing except for common professional courtesy (which I recommend you give.) You lost your seat deposit perhaps, but you don't need to "ask" them to do anything. This is a common misconception with the council of graduate schools and offers of admission. Good luck!"

@smrv - Yes, I am pretty sure that is what I was told when I called - US mail - and I think they said that was for either an acceptance, wait list or rejection (which would be a lot of postage! lol).  Also I edited my post above cause I got Seton Hall confused with another school that definitely said 1st two weeks of April... Seton Hall wasn't as specific on that, hence... the mid-April target.  

The way these Graduate programs seem to do their own thing to get down to the perfect student body that they want, I wouldn't be surprised if they change their minds and make phone calls instead like you say! Ha!  The SHU accept rate is low cause of the undegrads already there continuing on into the Graduate program...similar to what I think someone also said about WPU.  With those reserved spots "gone" from the rest of us, the accept rate gets into the really microscopic range, like some of the 'elite' NYC programs (NYU. Columbia).

Yeah, they have a 4+2 program so some of the seats are already taken but there's still a chance! A lot of the students in the undergrad program try to apply out and go elsewhere because of the tuition. And my friend got a phone call when she was accepted into the program from the dean  

Wait listed by Adelphi's LI program. Better than a reject, right?

I had my Lehman College interview this morning. I have to say it went well. However, who knows what they are looking for...

I hope to report back with good news,   B)

What did they ask you on the interview? I am interviewing this coming week. Good luck!

Wait listed by Adelphi's LI program. Better than a reject, right?

What did they ask you on the interview? I am interviewing this coming week. Good luck!

the first question asked was tell me anything about yourself your hobbies your interest. The second question asked was what is the difference between a speech disorder any language disorder and give an example of each. The next question asked was what is language comprehension

I was asked as a student what can bring to the program. They asked if I had any questions at the end...have a few on deck that always looks good. Thanks and Good luck

I had my Lehman College interview this morning. I have to say it went well. However, who knows what they are looking for...

I hope to report back with good news,   B)

Yay that's great! Good luck :) so happy for you!

I got my rejection from nyu last night. I knew it was a long shot but I'm not gonna lie, that rejection stung more than the others :/

Yay that's great! Good luck :) so happy for you!

I got my rejection from nyu last night. I knew it was a long shot but I'm not gonna lie, that rejection stung more than the others :/

Awww...I am so sorry. You'll be in class in the fall! Sending positive thoughts your way!

According to the decision board seton hall seems to be sending out phone calls today! Although only one person posted about it so I don't know if they'll make all the calls in one day or spread them out over a few days. Good luck to everyone that applied there!

Received my first acceptance today from Montclair.

Rejected by:

Northern Colorado

Western Kentucky U

Haven't heard back from:

William Patterson

Idaho

Richard Stockton

Seton Hall

Has anyone else heard back from the above?

Thats awesome that you got accepted to Montclair! 

Schnecke, congratulations on your acceptance to Mercy!! :D

So far it is the last school I am waiting to hear back from, I just checked the online portal and was rejected by Lehman. Now that I see others have been notified by Mercy, I am constantly checking my email.

Rejected by:

Northern Colorado

Western Kentucky U

Haven't heard back from:

William Patterson

Idaho

Richard Stockton

Seton Hall

I am also waiting on William P... hope they start back up soon!

I am also waiting on William P... hope they start back up soon!

I'm also waiting to hear back from Stockton & William Paterson! I don't know what's taking them so long. It's already been just shy of a full month since I got my NYU acceptance and all of my rejections also came around that date.

Rejected by:

Northern Colorado

Western Kentucky U

Haven't heard back from:

William Patterson

Idaho

Richard Stockton

Seton Hall

I'm also waiting to hear back from Stockton & William Paterson! I don't know what's taking them so long. It's already been just shy of a full month since I got my NYU acceptance and all of my rejections also came around that time.

I was just rejected from Lehman College. I am really not shocked at this point. I do not think I was meant to be there anyway.  -_-

Hey Arcanelady27, I'm sorry about Lehman college. I'm glad though that you fought for another interview, it says a lot about your character. I hope Brooklyn college realizes that. I have to know though, did you see that gosh awful professor?

Hey Arcanelady27, I'm sorry about Lehman college. I'm glad though that you fought for another interview, it says a lot about your character. I hope Brooklyn college realizes that. I have to know though, did you see that gosh awful professor?

Thanks LDadvocate, :) 

Unfortunately, I saw her...

Sadly, she was giving interviews. She did not do mines this time around though...

Thanks LDadvocate, :)

Unfortunately, I saw her...

Sadly, she was giving interviews. She did not do mines this time around though...

Well, at least you got an interview this year, it says something, yah know :) Did you have your interview with a professor that you knew or have taken a class from?

Well, at least you got an interview this year, it says something, yah know :) Did you have your interview with a professor that you knew or have taken a class 

I never had a class with either of the professors that interviewed me this time around. 

I think I may contact the department and find out why I was not admitted.

If I am not granted admission to Brooklyn College, I will have to just reapply next year. In the meantime, I will try to make my application stronger with better GRE scores and perhaps some volunteer experience. 

I never had a class with either of the professors that interviewed me this time around. 

I think I may contact the department and find out why I was not admitted.

If I am not granted admission to Brooklyn College, I will have to just reapply next year. In the meantime, I will try to make my application stronger with better GRE scores and perhaps some volunteer experience. 

I think that's a good idea, I might apply to Lehman for the Spring. The graduate director said he would take a better look at me if I had higher GRE scores, but he said my volunteer experience wouldn't hold so much weight. Mind you, I haven't even told him what I was volunteering for, he just flat out said "nope" (I could have been working with ASHA as an awesome research contributor for all he knows...loll) but he said it didn't matter. I like that he was honest, hopefully you receive the some feedback regarding your application.

I'm not looking forward to studying for the GRE again. My face is clear, but probably just mentioning GRE I might get one pimple tomorrow..loll