New York/New Jersey Area

Ah that's a long time to wait! I'm just guessing that Brooklyn has just sent out their 1st wave of acceptances and once those applicants send in a decision they'll send out more acceptances. Just a guess! But that way maybe we'll hear more after April 15th? That's if April 15th is the deposit date for Brooklyn

Since you have to interview to get admitted, I am not certain they have finished granting applicants interviews. I say this because I have not received a rejection and I have not received an interview. I wonder, how many people were granted interviews? I feel like if you have rejected someone it is only fair to send rejection notice immediately. Those notices come from the admissions office anyway. It would just be a matter of the SLP dept giving the admissions office the names of those denied.  Why prolong it? 

Edited by Arcanelady27

Since you have to interview to get admitted, I am not certain they have finished granting applicants interviews. I say this because I have not received a rejection and I have not received an interview. I wonder, how many people were granted interviews? I feel like if you have rejected someone it is only fair to send rejection notice immediately. Those notices come from the admissions office anyway. It would just be a matter of the SLP dept giving the admissions office the names of those denied.  Why prolong it? 

Oh that's interesting! I'm going to be heartbroken if I've waited this long to receive a rejection  :( It's better to just rip the band-aid off right away. I had no idea that they still had applicants to interview! When I interviewed they said that about 100 applicants received an interview, but I noticed that more applicants received an interview after I was told that so I'm wondering if that number has gone up.

Oh that's interesting! I'm going to be heartbroken if I've waited this long to receive a rejection :( It's better to just rip the band-aid off right away. I had no idea that they still had applicants to interview! When I interviewed they said that about 100 applicants received an interview, but I noticed that more applicants received an interview after I was told that so I'm wondering if that number has gone up.

I feel the exact same way. You are lucky you heard something back. There are people like myself that have not heard anything.

Edited by Arcanelady27

I feel the exact same way. You are lucky you heard something back. There are people like myself that have not heard anything.

That's crazy that you haven't even been notified of an interview yet! I hope you get an e-mail about it soon. Who knows maybe we will both end up there in the Fall :)

That's crazy that you haven't even been notified of an interview yet! I hope you get an e-mail about it soon. Who knows maybe we will both end up there in the Fall :)

I do hope so! That would be great! With the interview process remember although 100 people were granted interviews, some of those people may have declined the interview because they committed elsewhere or could not make the interview. I was told you couldn't change the date of your interview.

Edited by Arcanelady27

I do hope so! That would be great! With the interview process remember although 100 people were granted interviews, some of those people may have declined the interview because they committed elsewhere or could not make the interview. I was told you couldn't change the date of your interview.

That's true! Maybe it was actually less then. The positive thing is that neither of us has received rejections so we're still being considered :)

Smrv, 

I was told by the grad admissions office, they can technically accept students up until the day before classes begin :o

Are most programs like this anyways? From reading this forum, I was left with the impression that a wait list can be alive for months and some schools don't follow it up at all (meaning, they never reject you from it, but never accept you either, and the next semester starts without notifications)....

Are most programs like this anyways? From reading this forum, I was left with the impression that a wait list can be alive for months and some schools don't follow it up at all (meaning, they never reject you from it, but never accept you either, and the next semester starts without a)....

Greyhound111, I am not certain. I do know once a school has the max number of students. The wait list becomes inactive. The schools no longer have a need for it. The way the wait list works is quite puzzling.

NYU vs TC vs Hunter?Any thoughts? Love the programs at NYU and TC but am having a hard time justifying the cost of those programs compared to the cost of hunter

I emailed Brooklyn College on Friday evening. I received a response this morning from the graduate fellows.

What was said:

The review process is still in progress. We anticipate that applicants will be notified of a decision within the next month.

Best,

Graduate Fellows

I asked if they were done interviewing applicants...

Edited by Arcanelady27

I emailed Brooklyn College on Friday evening. I received a response this morning from the graduate fellows.

What was said:

The review process is still in progress. We anticipate that applicants will be notified of a decision within the next month.

Best,

Graduate Fellows

Thanks for sharing! If the review process is still in progress then I would think that they are still considering interviewing applicants. It seems like theres still hope   :)

Edited by smrv

What was said:

Best,

Graduate Fellows

Hmm. Odd they didn't answer your question directly. Maybe call them?

Thanks for sharing! If the review process is still in progress then I would think that they are still considering interviewing applicants. It seems like theres still hope :)

I would think so too, smrv. :)

What was said:

Best,

Graduate Fellows

I emailed Brooklyn College for clarity of this response.

They are still reviewing applications.  :)

Edited by Arcanelady27

has anyone STILL not heard back from hunter after an interview? starting to go crazy here... I called a couple of days ago and they said a decision had not been reached

• 1 month later...

would my chances of being accepted into lehman for the spring be better? or is their program still pretty competitive?

Your chances are slightly better being that not many apply for Spring. However, still very competitive 

Edited by Arcanelady27

• 10 months later...

To the people who were accepted to these programs last year, can you give me some information about the program and how you life it? Any information you have would be much appreciated! How do you like the professors? How are the courses and clinical practicums set up/sequenced? Pros/cons of the program?

Specifically, St. John's University, Molloy College, CUNY Brooklyn, LIU Brooklyn, Seton Hall University, Adelphi University, Touro College, and Hofstra College. 

has anyone else still not heard from hofstra?

I haven't yet either! Wonder what the hold up is.

Didn't realize this was from 2014, lol. Still haven't heard from them regardless, anyone else in the same boat?

Edited by elisas390

I have a waitlist at Mercy and rejections from everyone else so far. Hatha hayat (that's life in Arabic)! Still waiting on CUNY Brooklyn (but not holding my breath), LIU Brooklyn, Touro, and SJU.

I'm wondering, do people get in in this competitive environment (NYC) after doing online pre-reqs? I didn't (QC), but I know someone who is interested in doing them through USU. Anyone have experience with this? I noticed one person in the thread got into NYU after doing online pre-reqs. 

I have a waitlist at Mercy and rejections from everyone else so far. Hatha hayat (that's life in Arabic)! Still waiting on CUNY Brooklyn (but not holding my breath), LIU Brooklyn, Touro, and SJU.

I'm wondering, do people get in in this competitive environment (NYC) after doing online pre-reqs? I didn't (QC), but I know someone who is interested in doing them through USU. Anyone have experience with this? I noticed one person in the thread got into NYU after doing online pre-reqs.

Did you get interview for CUNY Brooklyn ? Edited by Arcanelady27

Yes, one of my classmates at USU was accepted at NYU. He's a singer B)