New York/New Jersey Area

The CUNYs always make me nervous, my heart fell out of my chest when I saw Brooklyn college sending me an email about scholarship opportunities. Did anyone else get that email?

No, I did not get that email. 

This was the email. I dont take it for anything just to see if I was interested.

Thank you for submitting an application for admission to graduate studies at Brooklyn College. Please note that if you would like to be considered for a scholarship you must complete the scholarship application by Wednesday, March 13th. You may go ahead and apply even if you have not yet received an admission decision.

To review the application guidelines and to apply online, please visit the Scholarships website at www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/scholarships.

Sorry I keep editing but I have gmail and I found it in my "promotions" file

Edited by LDadvocate

Check your junk folder. That's where I found my emails from some schools. The letter was addressed with my name (as opposed to just applicant/student). It just said to fill out and apply for financial aid by March 13t with a scholarship link. Maybe call the school and double check. I was offered an interview but not admission at this point and still received it. You may want to check In case you are asked on an interview later then the March 13th deadline.

Well, the campus seems nice. The SLP department is mainly in one building, in the lowest floor; sort of the basement. The students have lockers so it kind of reminds me of a high school. There are study rooms, which are basically rooms with a table, chairs, and a window. It wasn't the greatest impression. But the student who gave me a tour of the department said that everyone is really nice and the work load is manageable, not overwhelming. Unlike the Montclair SLP department, William Paterson's SLP department is in the middle of the main campus so other facilities are closeby. I didn't really get a look at the rest of the campus. William Paterson offer tours to anyone interested, by the way, and they're given by graduate student assistants.

Hmm ok, yes I definitely need to visit it if I get accepted then! The SLP I shadow also works with a graduate student from William Paterson, and the girl loves the program. Just need to check if the fit is right for me!

I guess we will be hearing from William Paterson tomorrow? Does anyone know what is going on with NYU? Waiting to hear is driving me crazy!

I seriously really hope so! I have been stalking the mailman like crazy. But in all reality, I'm sure William Paterson will be sending out responses in waves, so only a few of us will know by tomorrow MAYBE. *crosses fingers*

The wait is finally over!! Accepted into NYU last night, couldn't be happier!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

CONGRATULATIONS! I heard back from them last night as well: ACCEPTED!

CONGRATULATIONS! I heard back from them last night as well: ACCEPTED!

The wait is finally over!! Accepted into NYU last night, couldn't be happier!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Congratulations ladies!!! So happy for you both!  :D

I got a call today from CUNY Queens with an interview offer. I'm so excited - they're one of my top choices. Does anyone know anything about their interviews? The woman on the phone said it's going to be a 30 minute small group interview. Has anyone had interviews like that? Any advice?

Just found this site! This is awesome! I love seeing everyone getting into schools, congratulations!

Has anyone heard from Adelphi or Montclair? I have seen a few people finding out about Adelphi and I am getting SO antsy and nervous! I hate this waiting game! I know Montclair had a March 1st deadline so I am not sure when we should be hearing back from them. 

Just found this site! This is awesome! I love seeing everyone getting into schools, congratulations!

Has anyone heard from Adelphi or Montclair? I have seen a few people finding out about Adelphi and I am getting SO antsy and nervous! I hate this waiting game! I know Montclair had a March 1st deadline so I am not sure when we should be hearing back from them. 

I have gotten an e-mail and letter in the mail that my Montclair application has been sent for departmental review. Nothing besides that though! Good luck! 

I have gotten an e-mail and letter in the mail that my Montclair application has been sent for departmental review. Nothing besides that though! Good luck! 

Thanks! I received that e-mail and letter as well. I hope they start sending out decisions soon! Good luck to you as well! :)

Welcome! I didn't know about this site until after I finished all my applications too! 

I'm guessing since Montclair's deadline just passed a few days ago, it'll be a few weeks until they send out some decisions. 

And I totally agree with you on the waiting bit...every email I get about scholarship opportunities or anything else from any one of the schools I've applied to makes my heart leap up into my throat! 

I also applied to Adelphi (Manhattan Center Sunday Program) and have not heard anything. I'm getting really anxious because it seems like a lot of people have already heard from Adelphi! I don't know whether this is goo news or bad news but at least its not a rejection yet. Hopefully we'll be hearing shortly!!

I also applied to Adelphi (Manhattan Center Sunday Program) and have not heard anything. I'm getting really anxious because it seems like a lot of people have already heard from Adelphi! I don't know whether this is goo news or bad news but at least its not a rejection yet. Hopefully we'll be hearing shortly!!

I applied to the Garden City Program. I am going to go with the mind set that no news means no rejection yet... Have to think positive right?? I just want to hear already!

I applied to the Garden City Program. I am going to go with the mind set that no news means no rejection yet... Have to think positive right?? I just want to hear already!

Thinking positive seems to be the key in this waiting process! Good luck to you!