New York/New Jersey Area

Same here, do you know if these schools go on a rolling basis. It seems like Brooklyn college is like that from the admission results. I wonder what goes on in those interviews : /

I think with Brooklyn College they sort of go through the applications in bunches if that makes sense. They look at a bunch of applications and then interview those they see fit. They accept those they see are good candidates then move on to the next batch of applications. 

I think with Brooklyn College they sort of go through the applications in bunches if that makes sense. They look at a bunch of applications and then interview those they see fit. They accept those they see are good candidates then move on to the next batch of applications.

Makes sense, I just hate waking up everyday and not seeing an email. :(Are you only applying to CUNYs and have you done your undergrad at cuny?

Makes sense, I just hate waking up everyday and not seeing an email. :(Are you only applying to CUNYs and have you done your undergrad at cuny?

I did all my prereqs at Lehman College.  Yes, I am only applying to CUNYs. I can't afford a private university. I did my undergrad at Hofstra University and I already have a Masters from the College of New Rochelle. I have about 85K in loans I am paying off. I do not want any more debt. 

I hear yah, I also have a loan from St. John's University. I did my freshman year there but then realized that it would be better to get my undergrad in speech at a CUNY and pay the big bucks for graduate school. I finished my undergraduate in Queens College, its so funny but when I spoke to the graduate director at Lehman, he was like don't even think about applying to Queens, they think they're "elite"..lmaooo I loved Queens College but their program is wayyyyyyyyyy too competitive

I hear yah, I also have a loan from St. John's University. I did my freshman year there but then realized that it would be better to get my undergrad in speech at a CUNY and pay the big bucks for graduate school. I finished my undergraduate in Queens College, its so funny but when I spoke to the graduate director at Lehman, he was like don't even think about applying to Queens, they think they're "elite"..lmaooo I loved Queens College but their program is wayyyyyyyyyy too competitive

That is exactly why I did not apply to Queens College. 

I am trying to think ahead and figure out the positive and negatives of schools in New York. If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate any specific info that you have on the following schools......

Mercy College

Adelphi

CUNY Brooklyn College

CUNY Hunter College

St. Johns

College of St. Rose

Touro

LIU Brooklyn

NYU

SUNY New PAltz

I cannot find the post about someone hearing back from Lehman, so I can get a better idea of WHEN they heard so I can stop checking my email so frequently!! haha

I cannot find the post about someone hearing back from Lehman, so I can get a better idea of WHEN they heard so I can stop checking my email so frequently!! haha

i havent heard from lehman yet either i was wondering the same thing!

Thanks Arcanelady27! This 'results search' section is really helpful! I'm still hopeful I will at least be asked to interview at Lehman. It would be a long shot, but sounds like a great program!

Hi everyone! I never posted here before (just read everything and freak out haha). Just got an email from William Paterson saying that my application is under review and that first round decisions should be mailed out by next week! Ahhh! 

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! I never posted here before (just read everything and freak out haha). Just got an email from William Paterson saying that my application is under review and that first round decisions should be mailed out by next week! Ahhh! 

Good luck everyone!

I got that email too! I'm so excited!

Montclair also emailed me today asking about my application (needed my Spring coursework). So at least we know that they are looking at some applications!

Arcanelady27 do you remember the questions asked during the interview at Lehman? Was the writing portion about the field, or something completely different? I just found out I will have an interview there.

BriGirl - I noticed you applied to Southern Connecticut State University - how did you go about getting the waiver for the Praxis I CT exam? I sent waiver papers in November and they didn't get processed before the schools deadline.

Good luck everyone!

I also received this e-mail! When I attended the Graduate School open house in October, Dr. Magaldi emphasized that if you did not receive any news, that means that your application is still being considered, which is better than a rejection. So note to everyone: don't freak out if you don't get a decision from them next week!

I also received this e-mail! When I attended the Graduate School open house in October, Dr. Magaldi emphasized that if you did not receive any news, that means that your application is still being considered, which is better than a rejection. So note to everyone: don't freak out if you don't get a decision from them next week!

I would almost have rather not heard anything, my anxiety level has shot up through the roof since the email!

So WPU is actually one of the only schools that I was not able to attend an open house for yet ... How did you like it? Programs I personally fell in love with were Montclair and Kean, and I really did not like Richard Stockton. 

I would almost have rather not heard anything, my anxiety level has shot up through the roof since the email!

So WPU is actually one of the only schools that I was not able to attend an open house for yet ... How did you like it? Programs I personally fell in love with were Montclair and Kean, and I really did not like Richard Stockton. 

I was only able to speak with Dr. Magaldi, who was very personable and honest in her responses to our questions. They did not offer a tour of the clinic on that day, which was a bit disappointing. Dr. Magaldi said that it was older and less updated than the clinics at Montclair and Kean. The information discussed during the session is all available on the website. I liked the area but would like to learn more about the school before choosing to commit to it if I am accepted. Additionally, Wayne is a beautiful town.

I currently attend Stockton College and can say that the faculty here is very knowledgeable and helpful. The clinic is also a great resource as an undergraduate student, located very close to campus, and with a large client base. Of course, if a school doesn't feel right, by no means should you go there. The most important thing is feeling comfortable with your school and environment!